It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. counties to decide on secession (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Colo. counties to decide on secession

It seems that story about a section of Colorado might be 'seceding' is on ballots in several counties there.

It looks like enough people have *Had It* with the over-bearing totalitarian Democrat leadership.

Perhaps unrealistic, but it sure sends a "Telegram" to elected officials.

Residents of 11 Colorado counties will vote Tuesday on whether to secede and form the nation's 51st state.

Proponents of the ballot measure say it is needed to give them a political voice. They say the state government, which is under control of Democrats, is ignoring the concerns of rural voters when passing new gun controls and energy mandates.

The ballot measure would only be a first step to secession. If passed, it would only allow counties to “pursue those [other] counties [in] becoming the 51st state.” The state legislature and Congress would also have to approve.

video is in the article....
Colo. counties to decide on secession

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd say it has a powerful message which any politician, either party, would be a complete and total fool to ignore. It takes A LOT of downright mad to go this far and with this many counties at one shot.

Having said that, for chances? I give it zero. That part in the report about having to pass the U.S. Federal Congress kills that one on the spot. That means both House and Senate would have to approve it in Washington. They can't even agree on what to order in for a long committee meeting, let alone something as explosive as this.

Imagine if it DID pass. Northern California would move to see their ultimate dream come true of breaking from the nuts down south who take all the money. Several others have similar issues and after actually seeing once succeed? We'd have attempts for secession movements all over.

So, no, I think Washington will let Colorado have it's fun and the voters there will send a powerful message that SHOULD be a warning ..(but won't be, I'm sure). Then if, by some chance, it clears the Denver Legislature? It'll die like roadkill in Washington. Sad...but that's the system these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good luck to them. Nothing like that has happened since 1863.
Although, it gets brought up many times of the course of history.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join