It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the Underside and Seeing God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nadia Bolz-Weber is the tattooed, Lutheran pastor of the House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver, a church where a chocolate fountain, a blessing of the bicycles, and serious liturgy come together. She's a face of the Emerging Church — redefining what church is, with deep reverence for tradition.

This is the unedited, unabridged version of their interview, recorded with a live audience at the Wild Goose Festival in Hot Springs, North Carolina.

vimeo.com...

Bolz-Weber’s liberal, foulmouthed articulation of Christianity speaks to fed-up believers
www.washingtonpost.com... 1e3-a94f-b58017bfee6c_story.html

youtu.be...

She started the House for all sinners and saints,

Wondering what people of the forum think of her.

Can you relate?

Atheist too.

" This is a god who has always used imperfect people."

Are there any other kind?

edit on 023030p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The video concerns me very mildly because it adds to the misunderstanding that living without a god will inevitably lead to a destructive personality.
edit on 5-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

The video concerns me very mildly because it adds to the misunderstanding that living without a god will inevitably lead to a destructive personality.

I didn't get that from the video, my heart was always open to the downtrodden, but then everyone is downtrodden,and everyone needs a hug, and hugs are love and love is god.

I really like this one

youtu.be...

edit on 033030p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
oops
edit on 033030p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I prefer not to put such a limiting and pretentious label as "god" on something like love. Let it be without words. Words only box it in.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I prefer not to put such a limiting and pretentious label as "god" on something like love. Let it be without words. Words only box it in.

That's if you think of love only as a word.

edit on 043030p://bTuesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think of love as beyond words. Words will only simplify it, and in doing so, reduce it. Imagine Christmas as black and white and blurry. That's what words do to things like love.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We all know about the scribes and pharisees and those who judged Christ because he hung out with tax collectors drunkards and prostitutes, and how Christ condemned them but isn't being judgmental just as much an intrinsic human flaw?

Isn't understanding the human condition what it all about?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I think of love as beyond words. Words will only simplify it, and in doing so, reduce it. Imagine Christmas as black and white and blurry. That's what words do to things like love.

I think of love as beyond words too, but I have to use the word to relate the message.

And I am not sure I even understand love, love can be selfish and self-serving, it is the supernatural love which in inexplicable that we seldom see.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And I am not sure I even understand love, love can be selfish and self-serving, it is the supernatural love which in inexplicable that we seldom see.

And this is where we go into "woo woo territory". Where an idea exists more in the imagination than in any actual perception.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Love = control and manipulation

Wanting love and acceptance makes it easy for people to control you. They act nice and loving to you to try to change you or get something from you.

Giving love makes you a slave if it is unconditional or depend on another's behavior....

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

And this is where we go into "woo woo territory". Where an idea exists more in the imagination than in any actual perception.

that could be, yet I think I came close with my children.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

arpgme

Love = control and manipulation

Wanting love and acceptance makes it easy for people to control you. They act nice and loving to you to try to change you or get something from you.

Giving love makes you a slave if it is unconditional or depend on another's behavior....

I understanding where you are coming from.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This is not your everyday run of the mill Lutheran Pastor. I am thankful for Enlighteners like her. She has seen tragedy, and emerged from the grasp of Death by Faith... It is a miracle!!

How many lives does that S*** wreck??

reply to post by AfterInfinity

By the Grace of God After Infinity will be saved.

After trolling enough Faith based threads, he too has seen the light!!

You Need a Real Sinner - Leap of Faith (6/10) Movie CLIP (1992) HD
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgEOTc2qgVg
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: video change

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Inclusion, understanding, honesty, community.

Communion.

We're humans, we need to congregate, we need to connect. Due to secularization, there's a dearth of non-fundamentalist outlets for this deep social need. I know an atheist couple who attends a Unitarian service every Sunday, just to get this need met. I know another couple, heavily-tattooed, left-leaning, etc. who are very active in their local Lutheran church, and absolutely love it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

P.S. Man, I loves me some Pastor Nadia. She is a real right-on. Thanks for the wisdom infusion, SD. It made my morning. A blessing is not the same as a gift.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Having "supernatural love" for your kids? Huh...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

She has seen tragedy, and emerged from the grasp of Death by Faith... It is a miracle!!

I was hesitant at first but found myself crying at the end of her video.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Having "supernatural love" for your kids? Huh...

That's not what I meant, I meant unconditional, which can be very difficult for many, but then when I think I really am losing my love for a person, and am judging them to harshly, something will happen and I find that empathy or compassion that was there before and I find the person I loved hidden deep under all their faults.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Eidolon23

P.S. Man, I loves me some Pastor Nadia. She is a real right-on. Thanks for the wisdom infusion, SD. It made my morning. A blessing is not the same as a gift.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

Glad it made your day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join