It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

miniatus
While his speeches in the past were deceptive, the word of law was not.. the problem is nobody reads the fine print.. the fine print did not lie, it was always that way. Insurance providers had guidelines .. a minimum coverage they had to provide, the plans that got cancelled were plans that didn't meet those guidelines.

We're so lazy that we don't read and instead we go off soundbites and are stunned when it's not the full picture.

Again - I'm not supporting Obama on this, and yes the speech was deceptive and incomplete.. but the law is the law and it was passed by both parties, and most civilian types didn't read into it before supporting it.. And might I add, most Americans did support it.

Also, I doubt Obama himself crafted these laws all by his lonesome.. he very well may have believed what he was saying was true when he said it.. Presidents are often just figure heads, puppets for the administration as a whole.. Bush wasn't smart enough to be President after all, he had some help in making all of HIS mistakes as well.. lots of it.. =)

Had the insurance companies not altered the plans, the plans wouldn't be subject to the new guidelines anyway.. that was intended to be a protection..
edit on 11/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Oh for God's sake...just say it. Obama is a frickin liar!!! He lied, he has lied often and he will continue to lie to the American public to get what he wants. It is that simple. I know enough Liberals, Progressives and Democrats to know the truth. They know what is best and ANY WAY of getting there is 100% fine with them. Lying???? No big deal at all. Just say it...Obama is a liar and unfit for office.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
miniatus

While his speeches in the past were deceptive, the word of law was not.. the problem is nobody reads the fine print.. the fine print did not lie, it was always that way. Insurance providers had guidelines .. a minimum coverage they had to provide, the plans that got cancelled were plans that didn't meet those guidelines.

How can you read anything when they wouldn't allow anyone to see the bill before it was passed? Or are you actually not aware of this? Did you not hear Nancy Pelosi tell the press that "We have to pass the bill before we know what's in it"?

Sorry, but you aren't laying any of the blame for this one on me (a taxpayer and American citizen) as I didn't have the opportunity to READ anything before Obama and the Democrats forced this upon the country. And from what I did read, the law was being written by the insurance companies, so I already suspected that the only ones to benefit from this monstrosity was going to be the Insurance Companies and their cronies.

We're so lazy that we don't read and instead we go off soundbites and are stunned when it's not the full picture.

Again - don't project your own hangups on the rest of us. There were numerous people not buying the 'soundbites' who were looking for the 'fine print' but weren't given it. To those of us who do pay attention to what happens in the world it was pretty obvious we weren't given the whole picture - and whatever part of the pictures we were given turned out to be deceptive.

Again - I'm not supporting Obama on this, and yes the speech was deceptive and incomplete.. but the law is the law and it was passed by both parties

Wrong. This law was "passed" without ONE single Republican vote.

We're so lazy that we don't read and instead we go off soundbites and are stunned when it's not the full picture. civilian types didn't read into it before supporting it.. And might I add, most Americans did support it.

Wrong again. Most Americans did NOT support it - and speak for yourself and stop accusing other people of being 'lazy'. Many people were screaming from the rooftops that this was bad news.

Also, I doubt Obama himself crafted these laws all by his lonesome.. he very well may have believed what he was saying was true when he said it.. Presidents are often just figure heads, puppets for the administration as a whole.. Bush wasn't smart enough to be President after all, he had some help in making all of HIS mistakes as well.. lots of it.. =) Had the insurance companies not altered the plans, the plans wouldn't be subject to the new guidelines anyway.. that was intended to be a protection..

Well you finally got something right - Obama did not craft this law -the fact was it was 'crafted' by the insurance companies and the special interest groups who are also, conveniently enough - the very same people who stand to benefit the most from this monstrosity.

And I have no idea why you felt it necessary to bring GWB into this discussion, he certainly had nothing to do with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Obama apologists nowhere to be found.

Romney voters, don't think you're off the hook, he was no different.

edit on 7-11-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yes he was. He repeatedly stated that the first thing he would do was overturn the ACA and leave it to the States to determine if they wanted to pass this sort of reform

p.s. I'm from MA

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

toolgal462

Yes he was. He repeatedly stated that the first thing he would do was overturn the ACA and leave it to the States to determine if they wanted to pass this sort of reform

p.s. I'm from MA

Uhhh no.

Exactly how would he overturn the ACA? defunding it took the GOP to all time low in approval ratings, you think a president would risk that? especially if the president (Romney) was even more of an approval whore than Obama?

He was all over the place in terms of ACA. He started from repeal Obamacare to get the nomination and ended up at replace Obamacare to basically not really talking about it at all. He wouldn't have changed anything, any fool that thinks so deserves everything that is happening right now.

I don't know why you would add that you're from MA like it gives you any additional credibility??? If you're just FYI'ing, well then good for you, I hope you enjoy MA.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

eLPresidente

toolgal462

p.s. I'm from MA

Uhhh no.

Exactly how would he overturn the ACA? defunding it took the GOP to all time low in approval ratings, you think a president would risk that? especially if the president (Romney) was even more of an approval whore than Obama?

He was all over the place in terms of ACA. He started from repeal Obamacare to get the nomination and ended up at replace Obamacare to basically not really talking about it at all. He wouldn't have changed anything, any fool that thinks so deserves everything that is happening right now.

I don't know why you would add that you're from MA like it gives you any additional credibility??? If you're just FYI'ing, well then good for you, I hope you enjoy MA.

Excuse me, I am not your "bro" and you might have figured that out by looking at my name, which is, toolGAL462.

Your comment doesn't even make a bit of sense, because you have no way of knowing whether or not Romney would have kept his promise of overturning the ACA because he lost the election. So, your juvenile taunt, where you eloquently state that:

"any fool that thinks so deserves everything that is happening right now"

So in your world, bro - even those of us who didn't vote for Obama and didn't support the ACA still "deserve what is happening now" simply because in your illogical mind Romney might not have followed through with his promise to overturn it?

Yeah, that's some sound reasoning.

You need to grow up.

And I mentioned that I'm from MA because it is related to the ACA as many a pro-Obama voter will tell you it "was based on the healthcare reform Romney passed in MA"

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

toolgal462

eLPresidente

toolgal462

p.s. I'm from MA

Uhhh no.

Excuse me, I am not your "bro" and you might have figured that out by looking at my name, which is, toolGAL462.

Your comment doesn't even make a bit of sense, because you have no way of knowing whether or not Romney would have kept his promise of overturning the ACA because he lost the election. So, your juvenile taunt, where you eloquently state that:

"any fool that thinks so deserves everything that is happening right now"

So in your world, bro - even those of us who didn't vote for Obama and didn't support the ACA still "deserve what is happening now" simply because in your illogical mind Romney might not have followed through with his promise to overturn it?

Yeah, that's some sound reasoning.

You need to grow up.

And I mentioned that I'm from MA because it is related to the ACA as many a pro-Obama voter will tell you it "was based on the healthcare reform Romney passed in MA"

Wow, way to take it extremely personally. I did make a mistake by calling you a bro and edited after I saw the GAL in your name. You did quote me after my edit so you either did not read my edit and made a fool of yourself (a mistake just like my own) or you did it on purpose because you're emotionally unstable or a myriad of other reasons. Its up to you.

1. Romney was the last person to have the credibility and trust to do exactly what he said he was going to do. That man has been caught on so many flip-flops in his political career it is not even funny.

2. Yes I stand by my statement. Any fool that thinks Romney would've actually overturned Obamacare (you did not even mention how he is going to do this, simply because he never talked about how he was going to do it) deserves everything that will proceed it. He changed his tune on what he would do to Obamacare several times during the campaign and if you did not notice it, maybe you could gain something from paying more attention to the campaign next time.

3. MA still has nothing to do with any of this except for the fact that Romney was a governor there but it has nothing to do with him overturning Obamacare like you believed he will. It also doesn't help your argument that Romney's healthcare was the blueprint to Obamacare. Oh and he also would've bailed out the banks, before he wouldn't have...wait...what???

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I like how people are arguing about left versus right...what you need to understand is the left and right are the same! they are both tuned specifically to push an agenda. To manipulate both sides.

People who think there is a difference need to wake up.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So now the MSM is touting Obama's 'apology'. I heard him say that he and his team are taking full responsibility for it.
Does this mean that they will pay the difference for all of the American citizens whose healthcare costs do not decrease by $2500 the first year.... as he promised?

Oh yes, that's right.... they tell us that he is apologizing for something that he has denied saying!
edit on 8-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

xuenchen

In this never ending campaign of denial to cover up the now famous Obama *statements*, they are now engaging in some kind of psy-ops to convince people that He was actually saying something else !!

Unbelievable isn't it ?

Now it's all about “if it hasn’t changed”

And of course, they knew full well that the vast majority of "plans" would have to change simply because of the new laws.

Why didn't they just sell it to the public in an honest fashion instead of the usual deceptive practices ?

Hmmm.

I think it might be time to "Cancel" ObamaCare !!

President Barack Obama told his enthusiastic supporters Monday night that he never promised what video recordings show him promising at least 29 times.

The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”

But that’s not what he really said, Obama announced Monday in a speech to about 200 Organizing for Action supporters, gathered at the St. Regis hotel in D.C.

“What we said was you could keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law was passed,” he told Obamacare’s political beneficiaries and contractors.

That claim is not supported by his videotaped statements, which don’t include any mention of his new “if it hasn’t changed” exception.

I Think We've Been "HAD"

Ah , you mean we are Not at War with Oceania Anymore ? Praise Big Brother , Praise him !

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join