It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama denies ‘you can keep it’ videotaped promises

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Its still on the white house web site..

they haven't taken it down yet!!!

www.whitehouse.gov...

"Title I. Quality, Affordable Health Care for All Americans
If You Like the Insurance You Have, Keep It:

Nothing in the proposal forces anyone to change the insurance they have. Period."

That "Period" says it all!
edit on 7-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't think I can loathe & despise Obama anymore than I already do. This blatant lying shows just how contemptuous he is of the American people, especially his supporters.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
While his speeches in the past were deceptive, the word of law was not.. the problem is nobody reads the fine print.. the fine print did not lie, it was always that way. Insurance providers had guidelines .. a minimum coverage they had to provide, the plans that got cancelled were plans that didn't meet those guidelines.

We're so lazy that we don't read and instead we go off soundbites and are stunned when it's not the full picture.

Again - I'm not supporting Obama on this, and yes the speech was deceptive and incomplete.. but the law is the law and it was passed by both parties, and most civilian types didn't read into it before supporting it.. And might I add, most Americans did support it.

Also, I doubt Obama himself crafted these laws all by his lonesome.. he very well may have believed what he was saying was true when he said it.. Presidents are often just figure heads, puppets for the administration as a whole.. Bush wasn't smart enough to be President after all, he had some help in making all of HIS mistakes as well.. lots of it.. =)

Had the insurance companies not altered the plans, the plans wouldn't be subject to the new guidelines anyway.. that was intended to be a protection..
edit on 11/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

hebegbes
We all heard it - "If you like your present coverage, you can keep it." We all did. He is officially a certified liar. Period. He didn't qualify it, he didn't add a P.S., he said it just like that.

Perhaps he whispered it... basically the vocal version of fine print.
That would be a slightly better excuse than "I never said it." At least I'd give him a point for originality.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: For the record, I am registered as "undeclared". I do not follow or support any one particular party. I actually use my own mind to make decisions. So, keep you party based accusations to yourselves in any responses to this post please. And, lets keep it focused upon the topic at hand, and not the past administration, please.

miniatus
While his speeches in the past were deceptive, the word of law was not.. the problem is nobody reads the fine print.. the fine print did not lie, it was always that way. Insurance providers had guidelines .. a minimum coverage they had to provide, the plans that got cancelled were plans that didn't meet those guidelines.

Really, it was a law that the legislators voting upon it were told they needed to pass it before they could read it. It was a piece of legislature that was thousands of pages long, and given to them only a short time before the need to vote upon it (not enough time to do a "quick read" through it let alone an in-depth analysis).
But, keep drinking the Obama Kool-Aid.

We're so lazy that we don't read and instead we go off soundbites and are stunned when it's not the full picture.

See above....thousands of pages to read and intentionally not enough time to read it thoroughly.

Again - I'm not supporting Obama on this, and yes the speech was deceptive and incomplete.. but the law is the law and it was passed by both parties, and most civilian types didn't read into it before supporting it.. And might I add, most Americans did support it.

Who is being deceptive now? Yes, yes, you are supporting him on this....admit it, don't follow his example in your statements. It was not supported by both parties. But, since you made that statement, please, show me one, just one Republican legislator that voted for this bill.....just one.

Also, I doubt Obama himself crafted these laws all by his lonesome.. he very well may have believed what he was saying was true when he said it.. Presidents are often just figure heads, puppets for the administration as a whole.. Bush wasn't smart enough to be President after all, he had some help in making all of HIS mistakes as well.. lots of it.. =)

No, he had the Democratic party and the Insurance companies writing it for him for sure. Figure heads, yes, but in this cans Mr. Obama was the chief salesman on this legislation. He was the one in from of the American people selling it, he was the one, him alone, making these statements on the record. He, himself, or was it his alien double? < rolls eyes >

Had the insurance companies not altered the plans, the plans wouldn't be subject to the new guidelines anyway.. that was intended to be a protection.

Then why was this greatest of legislation in this administrations presidency not written to prevent this from the start? Oh yeah, there was a movement (by the Republican party that knows how business thinks) to prevent this, but it was overturned by the Democratic majority.
This is a Democratic Party baby, they alone birthed this one, and now they point the finger elsewhere and twist try to revise history.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I dont see why anyone is surprised. This is just politics, it happens every time. Just wondering but does anyone think the next puppet is going to be any different the next time around?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I wonder if his non-stop lies have finally hit his 'approval rating' .
Gallup - Obama Approval at 39%
I don't understand how it can even be at 39%.

That's a heck of a lot of ignorant Americans with their heads up their own arses!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

HiMyNameIsCal
I dont see why anyone is surprised. This is just politics, it happens every time. Just wondering but does anyone think the next puppet is going to be any different the next time around?

Yes, because none of the puppets has been this arrogant, defiant and trampled the constitution so openly and with such brass as this guy. Obama is on a level all by himself and if he has his way, there probably won't be any more puppets!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

justreleased

hebegbes
reply to post by justreleased

Aw, c'mon. It's not just the Dems. How about weapons of mass destruction.... remember that one?

It's true but I did say it's the same with most politicians.

The Obamacare thing is just a flat out lie.

It's one of the many lies....NSA snooping, Benghazi, the Fast and Furious thing....can the man tell the truth? Does he even have a clue as to what the hell is going on in his own administration?

He always has a scapegoat. He needs to grow a set of balls and man up.

It sickens me that identifying bad politicians prior to Obama somehow justifies his putrid acts. He's bad and that's all there is to it. He's not a scapegoat. He has executive power and he uses it. The only truth he has spoken was when he stated gas and energy prices would rise.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Your headline should have been "The Liar-in-Chief, goes on the offensive to Lie about how his Lies weren't Lies".

Outstanding post and We should all be embarrassed at what our gov't has turned into. THROW THEM ALL OUT PLEASE!!!!!!! WE CAN"T AFFORD THEM ANYMORE, CAN WE ??????

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Obama (Feb 25th 2010) - "Actually, any insurance you have would be 'grandfathered in' so you could keep it and so you could decide not to get in the exchange 'the best plan'. I could keep my 'Acme' insurance... just a high deductible... catastrophic plan. I would NOT be REQUIRED to get the better one."

Did I (and every American) misinterpret this statement made by Mr. Obama?

Please stop drinking the Obama Kool-Aid, eventually the effects will wear off and your mind will clear... I promise.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Excerpt from the transcript of the speech by the President at the Annual Conference Of The American Medical Association
The White House, Office of the Press Secretary
June 15, 2009
Source

So let me begin by saying this to you and to the American people: I know that there are millions of Americans who are content with their health care coverage -- they like their plan and, most importantly, they value their relationship with their doctor. They trust you. And that means that no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. (Applause.) If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period. (Applause.) No one will take it away, no matter what. My view is that health care reform should be guided by a simple principle: Fix what's broken and build on what works. And that's what we intend to do.

He said, clearly: "...no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people..."

Let me repeat, he said, "...no matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise to the American people..."

So, considering many American people are now losing their favored health care plan, some losing access to their favored doctor (as the doctors are not supporting the new plans), how is this above statement NOT a lie?

Oh, I know, of course, it is clear to me now.....

edit on 11/7/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Some people have said all along that single payer is the goal and this was their way of getting it. I personally don't think they are that clever or would ever work that hard to do anything that would actually help the people and not themselves or big business.

If this does end up as single payer, I'll be glad but I doubt they planned it that way.
edit on 7-11-2013 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

toolgal462
reply to post by grey580

Some people have said along that single payer is the goal and this was their way of getting it. I personally don't think they are that clever or would ever work that hard to do anything that would actually help the people and not themselves or big business.

If this does end up as single payer, I'll be glad but I doubt they planned it that way.

Given the situation this Congress and POTUS have created with their ham-fisted attempt at reforming the current healthcare system, why should you, I or anyone else trust them to set up and run a single payer system? Every time the gub'mint decides to "fix" something the results are total crap.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

yadboy

toolgal462
reply to post by grey580

Some people have said along that single payer is the goal and this was their way of getting it. I personally don't think they are that clever or would ever work that hard to do anything that would actually help the people and not themselves or big business.

Given the situation this Congress and POTUS have created with their ham-fisted attempt at reforming the current healthcare system, why should you, I or anyone else trust them to set up and run a single payer system? Every time the gub'mint decides to "fix" something the results are total crap.

I don't trust them actually. But it would be leagues above this monstrosity I imagine. They could simply give everyone Medicare. Why didn't they?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

toolgal462
I don't trust them actually. But it would be leagues above this monstrosity I imagine. They could simply give everyone Medicare. Why didn't they?

Medicare is already pretty battered without adding 100s of millions of new users. A lot of doctors refuse new medicare patients because the government reimburses them at such a low level. They can't afford to treat medicare patients and pay their malpractice insurance. That's now, adding tons more to the rolls will over make that worse.

If they could get costs under control it might be feasible, but I still doubt they could handle it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

yadboy

toolgal462

Medicare is already pretty battered without adding 100s of millions of new users. A lot of doctors refuse new medicare patients because the government reimburses them at such a low level. They can't afford to treat medicare patients and pay their malpractice insurance. That's now, adding tons more to the rolls will over make that worse.

If they could get costs under control it might be feasible, but I still doubt they could handle it.

And still it would be less costly and preferred to ACA, don't you think? And whether or not any of what you say is true about Medicare - it's a liberal 'sacred cow' so don't try and take it away from them. So, I fail to see why they didn't push for this option for the people who weren't insured.

Well, actually I do know but I'm being theoretical.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

toolgal462
And still it would be less costly and preferred to ACA, don't you think? And whether or not any of what you say is true about Medicare - it's a liberal 'sacred cow' so don't try and take it away from them. So, I fail to see why they didn't push for this option for the people who weren't insured.

Well, actually I do know but I'm being theoretical.

I really couldn't say if expanding Medicare rather than paying ACA subsidies would have cost the government less. From what I have read, they tried to put that on the states by having them expand medicare for the low income folks. I think nearly half states chose not to do so as they didn't think they could afford it. You are right about it being a sacred cow and it will never go away, but I don't think Medicare or Medicaid can continue to function forever in their current form. Of course they are now trying to force doctors to see medicare/medicaid patients.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yadboy

At least expanding Medicare/Medicaid wouldn't have been a blatant redistribution of wealth - from the already overburdened tax payer - to the already overpaid Insurance Company CEO's and shareholders.

That's why they didn't push this idea.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

toolgal462
reply to post by yadboy

At least expanding Medicare/Medicaid wouldn't have been a blatant redistribution of wealth - from the already overburdened tax payer - to the already overpaid Insurance Company CEO's and shareholders.

That's why they didn't push this idea.

I agree 100%, the law is a boon for the insurance companies. Gee I wonder how that happened?

WSJ - ObamaCare's Secret History

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join