It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

meaningless It's all Meaningless

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

truthermantwo
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It's a rhetorical question, im basicly stating the obvious but expressing that the realization and reflection of this truth is hitting me hard today..that's all.

What truth?

Is it your truth, or something you read in a book?

If you feel like your life is meaningless, then you've been influenced by other people/ideas, or you're a negative person who needs to re-evaluate yourself.

Life is what you make of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

... Even if it's all meaningless, the whole thing, do you realize how lucky we are

Absolutely impressive even if meaningless.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

"An answer without a question is just a statement" -Family Guy.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
In my opinion, the greatest power we have as a species - what separates us from all other animals and creatures - is the ability to ascribe or detract meaning. Hell, we even gave ourselves a god because we chose to ascribe a particular meaning to life and death itself. Not to mention detracting from ourselves, sacrificing our own meaning in order to further emphasize the meaning we give to that god. People don't realize that many times, the only reason things affect us or change us is because we give them the power to. We give them meaning, value, significance, and so they have the power to change us, whether it be healing or hurting. Every day, if you look around, you can see how much power we have over the things we interact with or through, purely according to how much meaning we have ascribed to them. If anything stops or starts meaning something, it is because we allowed it to. So nothing is meaningless unless you are choosing to make it meaningless. If you want it to mean something, then make it mean something. You have the power. We all do.
edit on 5-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Been there done that got the t-shirt, on more than one occasion.

It's not meaningless though, or pointless, but it is humorous.

Find the humor and be set free.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
AI matrix is meaningless, but real life has a meaning

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

"An answer without a question is just a statement" -Family Guy.

HA! The Bible in a sentence.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

I have not a clue as to what you are asking.....so.....
edit on 11/5/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

You got a star for literally making me LOL.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It's a meme designed for exactly this purpose.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I'm thinking you are being called to make a choice. Rev 3:15-16

If it didn't matter, would you be bothered?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

meaningless It's all Meaningless

Then why would you find this statement meaningful?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if everything is meaningless or not. The fact is, pain and control hurts and while we are in this world we see a lot of it.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well, i think if you take a break from the drugs, or at least take longer rest periods in between you might be able to ground out a little and come back to reality.

Its tough though i know.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rom12345

The OP is kind of crazy and I think he's wrote about hearing voices and it's fairly certain he has schizophrenia, but your post caught my attention.

What's life? What's reality? I looked at the wiki link for The Myth of Sisyphus and found it to be interesting. A cautious look has confused me and obviously I'd have to read the book. Chances are, I'd stil be somewhat confused. Why do I say that? Well, I've read a few books that flirt with philosophy and I always find myself disagreeing on certain things. I can because there's no divine rule forbidding it! And sometimes I'm just hanging on things because I didn't keep up enough to understand.

I don't believe in a God or a divine nature. If something like that exists then so be it. For the time being, I have to assume this world is, on some level, absurd. In this respect, I find myself somewhat in agreement with The Myth of Sisyphus.

I think if somebody can't admit there's a bit of absurdity, they're hopeless to talk to. With someone like that, I think I'd rather be watching paint dry.

What if I say we're all divine chickens in God's slaughterhouse? What if I say life is just a process of fattening up our divinity so God can eat us when it's done? I'm crazy? I'm delusional? I'm wrong because I propose a less than happy ending? Maybe it's not happy or sad, since God is just eating like we do. All is just a part of nature.

PS: I think everyone has some crazy, so forgive me OP.
edit on 5-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

pointless to the mind

do the drops in the ocean care that they are only drops? does the ocean care that it moves to and fro in the tides and movements of the earth and moon?

it is the nature of life and existence, would you rather there be absolutely nothing?

when you hear the crash of one water droplet it sounds like nothing, but the collected soft roll of the oceans waves crashing on the sandy shores sounds peaceful and calming

there is beauty in everything, if one knows how to look

go outside, smell the fresh air, the smallest things... make up the biggest things

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

you just blew my mind..BAM from the spice weasel.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

i also find the world absurd, but i realize its my modern view based in my experiences with a techno-society who basicly is showered in luxury daily making us feel like we are owed something that makes me subtely think negatively and become pescimistic asking myself why nothing changes to fit my view of how i think reality should be for others.
a form of pescimism i guess.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled. ~Author Unknown

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Siddhartha By Hermann Hesse might be worth a read only take you an hour or two.

For those who haven't read it I found it very thought provoking.

link to story

Everything in life is meaningless until we apply our own personal meaning to it based on our experiences, prejudices.....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The thought of that keeps reminding me of how in the Christian Bible the book of Eccleciastes continualy makes light of how meaningless everything is in the end. My mistakes..pointless, they're attacks and fascism..pointless..we beings of lesser intelligence are living pointless lives debating, arguing, living in contrast or correlation, some things bring moments of peace and peace can make fascist haters angry,

Because they are judgements from out point of view, your mistakes and they're attacks that being.

We either think hot, cold or lukewarm. Where are you thinking?

None of the above as they all describe sensation,

emptiness, nothingness and the experience that is before me is what I am thinking now and since I realized its all meaningless or a joke of some sort, or a test/lesson, a game, a story, a battle, a journey, a quest.
all of these words describe the same concept to me and that is life in duality.

It matters not how the external views your being, it matters if that view begins affecting your being and you change because the external says you must.

expressing that the realization and reflection of this truth is hitting me hard today..that's all.

so you have had the realization that much or all what we do, argue and fight for is meaningless,

Is it your journey or quest now to meaning to the meaningless?

That is where I have been walking for a while now or think I have been and to be honest can be even more dangerous for your mind than being attacked or suspect you're being attacked by external forces using technology we can only speculate about because you place yourself in that place of meaningless and can become very depressing if you get stuck or trapped on a certain part of your new quest.

Basically I see the purpose of our existence is simply to experience.

However, curiosity gets the better of us and we wish to understand which I think creates confusion in our experiences.

Was is it a good idea for Prometheus to give the power to create fire, for Lucifer to make Eve eat the apple and realize she was nude or would we be better at experiencing life if we were not given the curiosity we have to understand that which do not?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join