It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman on Phone Drives Jeep into Herd of Cows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When I first clicked on this article, I was a tad bit annoyed, basically because I am disgusted by people who text and drive. But as I read it, and moved on to the comments, I was laughing my butt off.

www.nbcnewyork.com...

Authorities say Daisy Cowit, of Wawayanda, was using her cell phone when she plowed her Jeep Liberty into the cows on Mountain Road last Monday. Six of the cows were struck, and two farm workers were nearly hit, police said.

I started to smile when I saw her name. But the comments were great as well. Here's one.

Udderly preventable.

Some people should just not be allowed to drive, how do you miss not seeing a herd of cattle?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Too bad the cows couldn't moooove fast enough to get out of the way.
What was she thinking? Did she think she was driving a bulldozer?
If their horns had worked, they could have honked at her!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Some people should just not be allowed to drive, how do you miss not seeing a herd of cattle?

Some people don't drive. They aim. Big difference. :-)

edit on 11/5/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Klassified

Some people don't drive. They aim. Big difference. :-)

edit on 11/5/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the laugh.

Just looking at the picture of the girl in the article caused me to judge her (which I hate to do, but let's be honest, we all do it...all the time). She doesn't look like the sharpest of tacks and would probably blend right in with that herd.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

ColeYounger
Too bad the cows couldn't moooove fast enough to get out of the way.
What was she thinking? Did she think she was driving a bulldozer?
If their horns had worked, they could have honked at her!

Classic!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
She should have just mooved over to the curb and then used the phone. From the picture I would say that the lights are on but nobodies home. Then to top it off with the name of Daisy Cow it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What actually happened is she was hoping for some free ground beef

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
There needs to be serious charges for people using cellphones while driving. Some states are adopting them. It is as bad if not worse then driving while intoxicated. At least a drunk is looking at the road. I refuse to ride with anyone who uses a phone and drives. Mine stays in the console while I am driving. If I need to make a call I just pull over. I don't drive much but I do tend to get seriously irate when I do because I have seen some stupid stuff in DFW.

Once I was in a taxi and I looked to my right to see some woman driving down the 75 freeway at 65 MPH spooning some kind of food out of a bowl and into her mouth. I kid you not. She had tinted windows so I couldn't tell what kind of food it was but that was the oddest thing I have ever seen. Eating out of a bowl like you're at your kitchen table while driving down a packed highway at 65 MPH. I stay off that highway now.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Seriously? Is that her real name??? Daisy COWIT? You can't make this stuff up...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

People here in FL are horrible with texting and driving. I had a lady today in front of me going all over the road and about 10 miles below the speed limit. She was breaking randomly and really pissing me off. I finally was able to get around her only to see she was texting!!! Ugh....

I had another lady in a red miata do the same thing to me while back and her convertible top was down so everyone could see if they wanted. When I got next to her at the light I said something to her about being on her phone and all over the road. She of course got an attitude and sped off. Funny enough later that night she was in front of me yet AGAIN and ON her phone!! I got right next to her and just looked over and shook my head. She is an idiot. She has personalized vanity plate with her name.
She is going to kill herself or someone else.

I could tell you a dozen more stories just like this. People are idiots and imo phones should be banned period. People managed just fine before cell phones. Heck they had to actually find a pay phone to use, hope it worked and they had change. Today we have phones in our pockets. We can wait til we get to our destination or pull over! I have text at a red light before but not driving. I don't know how people can!

I also think here in FL texting while driving recently became illegal.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm still waiting for the time where I see a idiot texting and have a animal run in front of me were I can safely slam on the brakes and have them rear-end me. I could use a new truck.

I wonder how many lawsuits have arisen because of this?

new topics

top topics

join