It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism in Syria Causing Brain Disease Kuru - Contagious and Always Deadly

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
** The original story is in Arabic. It has been translated at this site. The story is being carried by Zaman al-Wasal (Arabic News) and substantiated by Orient News Television. I have no idea if those are credible news sources or not. Links to both those sites are at the story link below.

Cannibalism in Syria Causing Extremely Rare Disease

Two of the infected were sent from Syria to a hosptial in Ghazi Antab in Turkey for further examination to only be transferred to another hospital in Germany. One of the two already died, since Kuru is 100% fatal. ... One of the infected men in the German hospital was confirmed to have eaten human flesh, and he eventually died. When the Turkish hospital was asked on the details of the cannibalism case, they refrained from saying anything.

Moreover, the Free Syrian Army said they will be doing an investigation on the cannibalism case, and this sparks a hunch as to what their intentions are behind this.

Overall, there are 8 to 20 cases of Kuru in Syria; Kuru strictly is caused by cannibalism, and cannibalism was involved from the report on what took place in the German hospital.

It is unclear as to why they are eating peoples brains. (you have to eat the brain of a person to get the disease through cannibalism) It could be because they are hungry, but it also could be a ritual of eating the flesh of the enemy. That can be found throughout history. The author sites other times that cannibalism has been in Islamic history. Or maybe they are evil. Or maybe just insane.

There are stories and videos online to back up this cannibalism story.
But honestly ... they are pretty yukky and I didn't want to provide links.
If anyone wants to read them .... you can google them up, jiffy-quick.

Information on Kuru Disease
More information - incubation time is VERY long
Is Kuru Contagious ... answer "YES"

edit on 11/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You have to eat nerve tissue to acquire kuru, and as far as I know it's isolated to certain extremely remote areas far from Syria.

While you can get some nerve tissue exposure by eating the heart of your enemy, it's actually eating the brains that causes the most risk. What is kuru doing in Syria? That's like finding malaria in Alaska.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So they have apparently been eating brains in Syria for some time....
If the incubation time is long.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

butcherguy
So they have apparently been eating brains in Syria for some time....
If the incubation time is long.

The incubation CAN BE years and years. But there is film footage of the Syrian Free Army roasting a human head in order to eat it. Video was here with commentary, but YOUTUBE removed the video .

And this from Al-Azhar university (In Egypt I think)

One may eat the flesh of a human body. It is not allowed to kill a Muslim nor a free non-Muslim under Muslim rule (because he is useful for the society), nor a prisoner because he belongs to other Muslims. But you may kill an enemy fighter or an adulterer and eat his body (716 in volume 1, Al-Kortoby)

It looks like the eating of the brains of the enemy came in with the 'Syrian Free Army' (al Qaeda and/or Muslim Brotherhood).

Not to jump on the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE bandwagon ... but if eating brains is being called 'okay' by these 'freedom fighters' ... and they are getting deadly contagious brain diseases by doing so .... that sounds kind of 'ZOMBIE' to me. Just say'n ...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You put this along with the articles on how inbreed the Muslim people are and you have to wonder what really motivates these people as human beings...of course that could be said for most people now a days... if you leave out the cannibalism.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I often wonder just what we may be eating when we buy meats from Costco .I am not pointing them out specifically but if some of our food in North America may be coming from China and they have a bunch of people ..... I know it sounds insane to suggest such a thing but ,how is it even possible to sell some of that stuff for the prices they do ?

As for the issue in Syria ..Poor people in between a rock and a hard place trying to survive ..sad state of affairs ...very sad ..

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

if one of the rebel leaders is a cannibal what do you think the rest of his troops are up too.

www.bbc.co.uk...

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Not to make light of such a serious (and disgusting) topic, but I find it ironic that a sub-culture finds bacon repulsive, yet is okay with eating human flesh.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Isn't bacon the butt of a pig?!

The brain of a human being has gotta be highly nutritious. It takes 20% of our caloric needs to sustain itself.

Morality aside, the butt of a pig is more repulsive than the nutritious brain of a human being.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Zombies and cannibal warriors aside, I wonder about the hungry people more.

Since the "rebels" can't hope to defeat the Syrian Army in an out and out fight they are reduced to guerrilla style warfare. In other words they attack the people. They do this by descending on an unprotected town or neighborhood and loosely occupying it.

Massacres are used to frighten the locals into fleeing or hiding in place if they can't run. The hidden people are afraid to come out as long as the rebels are around. If the regular army is long in coming to the rescue, it could result in people resorting to cannibalism.

Syria is a nightmare cesspool of tortured souls right now. Our little mall episodes pale in comparison. But that is what is covered in the mainstream.

Turn on CNN. Then turn it off for good.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
.Poor people in between a rock and a hard place trying to survive ..sad state of affairs ...very sad ..

That's just it. Is it because they are 'starving'. Or is it because these rebels ENJOY eating human brains? The link I gave shows that eating humans has been part of a ritual over there .... a dark ritual that isn't talked about .... and the information I gave shows the college folks in Egypt (I think it's Egypt) saying it's okay for Muslims to eat the dead bodies of their enemies.

Unless this is all a hoax .... and I really hope it is ....

Otherwise, these people are causing this CONTAGIOUS and FATAL brain disease to get kicked off.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

webedoomed
the butt of a pig is more repulsive than the nutritious brain of a human being.

Lets see ... hmmmm ....

BACON, Lettuce and Tomato on toast with mayo
or
Human brain, Lettuce and Tomato on toast with mayo.

Sorry .... but BACON is like food from the gods. Bacon, bacon, bacon.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"How To Serve Man". Sorry, but someone was bound to say it.

Anyhoo, if I remember correctly Aids was once attributed to eating monkey brains. Could this Kuru have a less sinister origin?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Lolliek
" Could this Kuru have a less sinister origin?

According to the information I posted .... it is developed via eating human brains.
And then it is contagious. I don't know how contagious .. but it is absolutely contagious.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

webedoomed
reply to post by beezzer

Isn't bacon the butt of a pig?!

The brain of a human being has gotta be highly nutritious. It takes 20% of our caloric needs to sustain itself.

Morality aside, the butt of a pig is more repulsive than the nutritious brain of a human being.

The bacon we consume comes from pork bellys. Ham is the butt muscles. Of course, this should not be confused with a "picnic ham" which is the shoulder.

As for eating human brains. Most of the mercury which is in the human body is concentrated in the brain. It has long been known that most of the cannibles in the jungles of SE Asia often come down with "laughing sickness", which is to say mercury poisoning.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
FF i guess this makes you the official ATS KURU GURU......

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

FlyersFan
That's just it. Is it because they are 'starving'. Or is it because these rebels ENJOY eating human brains? The link I gave shows that eating humans has been part of a ritual over there .... a dark ritual that isn't talked about .... and the information I gave shows the college folks in Egypt (I think it's Egypt) saying it's okay for Muslims to eat the dead bodies of their enemies.

I wonder the same. It starts out as just a little taste and before they know it it's a full blown addiction. That and it being culturally acceptable.

If the disease comes strictly from the brains, then maybe that is the most highly addictive part, cause you would think they'd have figured out not to eat that part by now.

I've never had cows headcheese, but I've heard it's pretty good. I've had opportunities but screw that.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

You would think that being in the 21st century and access to the web they wouldn't have such a primitive view on humans ...I can't see it being a Islamist based faith ...I often wonder if maybe kids are taken to a remote place and completely brainwashed into believing some of this stuff ...We do know that it (holy books) can be misunderstood .But to even venture into the mindset behind it would take a stretch I would think . Either way I sure hope its not too contagious because that would be a horror to address for the medical community .

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow I really don't see why anyone would want to eat the brains, I would assume it smells terrible, doesn't look appealing being that brains are grey, and is probably like eating moosh, especially from that region of the world

If it's done as a warrior type thing, go for the heart

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Glassbender777
Wow I really don't see why anyone would want to eat the brains,

Brains are high in cholesterol. So I guess if the zombie brain disease doesn't kill
them, then the high cholesterol they'll get from eating them might.

Eating Animal Brains

The brain, like most other internal organs, or offal, can serve as nourishment. Brains used for nourishment include those of pigs, squirrels, horses, cattle, monkeys, chickens and goats. In many cultures, different types of brain are considered a delicacy.

DHA, an important omega-3 fatty acid which is also referred to by the technical designation of 22:6, is found concentrated in mammalian brains. For example, according to the nutrition data website, 3 oz. (85 g) of cooked beef brain contains 727 mg of DHA.[7] By way of comparison, the NIH has determined that small children need at least 150 mg of DHA per day, and pregnant and lactating women need at least 300 mg of DHA

The makeup of the brain is about 12% fat, most of which is located in myelin (which itself is 70-80% fat).[9] Specific fatty acid ratios will depend in part on the diet of the animal it is harvested from. The brain is also very high in cholesterol. As an example, a 140 g can of "pork brains in milk gravy", a single serving, contains 3500 milligrams of cholesterol, 1170% of the USRDA

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join