It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pussy Riot Convict Transferred to Siberia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

www.france24.com...

AFP - Jailed Pussy Riot band member Nadezhda Tolokonnikova is on her way to a new penal colony in Siberia, her husband said Tuesday, following fears after two weeks without information about her whereabouts.

Tolokonnikova, 23, who alleged major prison abuses in her previous colony in central Russia, is on her way to a new prison colony deep in the Krasnoyarsk region, her husband Pyotr Verzilov wrote on Twitter, saying the information comes from a reliable source.

Pussy Riot Convict Transferred to Siberia

These women are some of the bravest in the world. They did a minor protest in a church and the entire weight of the Soviet, ah, Russian state has fallen upon them.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Two years for this...

www.youtube.com...

(sorry my y tube button is broken dunno why?)

Free Pussy Riot...They rock!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Siberia ... sounds like a cold day in Hell for her.

edit on 5112013 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

If I can say anything positive, it's that at least people know where she is now and that she's alive.

Last I'd heard was that she hadn't been heard from after a transfer-- I thought the government might have "lost" her body in a hole in the permafrost.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

She's going to need a warm hat to go along with her outfit. Why isn't the U.S. government trying to free these women with some kind of backroom deal. Eddie Snowden should get involved, and start some kind of protest sit-in in Red Square. C'mon Snowden, expand your horizons, protest in Russia (hahahahahahaha heh?).

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was wondering myself what happened to her. Siberia...Jeez she might be there some time to, And shes very pretty, You can only imagine some of the people waiting for her there. But hey you play with fire you get your arse burned!. Especially in Russia (unfortunately)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

TheDoctor46
I was wondering myself what happened to her. Siberia...Jeez she might be there some time to, And shes very pretty, You can only imagine some of the people waiting for her there. But hey you play with fire you get your arse burned!. Especially in Russia (unfortunately)

The one and only problem for her and her street-theater/musical bandmates is that hundreds if not thousands of people didn't take up her cause and perform in public places. The lack of support in Russia was evident, which is why folks like Jesse Jackson should try to get her released. Well, maybe Dennis Rodman, he's the new-JesseJackson in diplomatic circles.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yes Dennis Rodman will do the trick. He looked slik when he was with kim jong

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
She won't bow down and I am guessing she won't shut up. I admire her so much! Her kind of passion can change the world. I hope she continues to burn with the fire she has. This is not good news this transfer. Russia is showing weakness being afraid of a little bitty girl with a big mouth. What cowards they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I couldn't imagine being her husband. That's the kind of stuff that breaks a man and makes him do horrible things in order to right a wrong.

I wish I could gift him with immortality and lazer beam eyes for about 48 hours. Or her, for that matter.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Cuervo

I couldn't imagine being her husband. That's the kind of stuff that breaks a man and makes him do horrible things in order to right a wrong.

I wish I could gift him with immortality and lazer beam eyes for about 48 hours. Or her, for that matter.

Probably neither of them would use those gifts to harm anyone. They seem to fit the standard nonviolent standards, and that is what may be threatening to the Russian government. The gay thing shows a weakness on their part too. They should be embracing their people and honoring those who stretch the envelope. They could have said, "that was interesting, ladies, but you made your point, please don't do it in a church again. Thanks." Instead? They send her to Siberia! If that doesn't get many more people rallying for Russia to grow up, few things will.

Iamschist
She won't bow down and I am guessing she won't shut up. I admire her so much! Her kind of passion can change the world. I hope she continues to burn with the fire she has. This is not good news this transfer. Russia is showing weakness being afraid of a little bitty girl with a big mouth. What cowards they are.

It may be the best thing to happen to her cause, being sent to Siberia. That's such a meme, at least in most of the world. Maybe President Putin doesn't realize that. It's pretty much up to him now to reverse this, and let her go. He can gain much goodwill for doing so, and this would add on to his recent moves to curb morons and reign them in a bit.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

OMG, is that the band member in the pic?
I'll pray for her well being.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

OMG, is that the band member in the pic?
I'll pray for her well being.

I'll pray for her being well! When they all get out of prison and/or Siberia (She was sent to Siberia!!!) they should go on a world tour. They'd fill stadiums in some places.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Aleister
These women are some of the bravest in the world. They did a minor protest in a church and the entire weight of the Soviet, ah, Russian state has fallen upon them.

What makes you think theyre the bravest in the world, is it a good idea to protest in a church (religious place) where harmless people mostly old & tired (from the persecution of the Communist Russia not long ago) seeking peace and hope for their poor lives?

More than 20 million of Christians were killed in the Soviet Union under the Communist Marxist ideology.
Also the Russian Federation building Churches for its people something opposite to Communism.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by abovets

Some of the bravest is what I said. They knew what they were taking on when they protested in the church, a very far out position in Russia and something which I can see can't be allowed by Putin. So they knew they would get the full sentence, and now their leader has been moved to Siberia! There has to be some mercy involved, right?

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe they could support the Dixie Chicks
on a fight suppression tour.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

TheDoctor46

This is the kind of comment I dislike, the apathy in it.

In reality, in my idea of a world, the people, in Russia and all over the globe would be UP IN ARMS demanding their release, they wouldn't let anythign slide, also they would rise up in all countries, middle east and free their abused women prisoners.

They would first go legal routes but with a warning, that they will not lose, so if they are blocked everyone invovled is fired without pensions and they will, as a 70% minimum group bust down the walls of any place to rescue the people ASAP.

I don't understand this world.

new topics

top topics

join