Lets say there was an APOCALPYSE. And we met, what would your role end up being???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Those 2 gigs worth of knowledge isn't good if we have no electricity am I correct on assuming that?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have teaching experience and background. I could make sure the kids don't wind up ignorant. I also know a decent amount of plant, animal identification. I also crochet and can make garments (hobby but can knock stuff out pretty quickly when I have a mind to).

Husband is a microbiologist. He could back a basic doc with some basic lab equip. He knows sterile and aseptic technique and basic bacterial testing procedures. He's also worked with a plethora of nasty pathogens over the course of his career, things like rabies. He might be of some use in that vein.

We've both also had some experience working as vet assistants. Him more than me.

We're also of sound mind and body and able to work on other projects and capable of taking direction and quick learners.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

living together won't work. small groups maybe. but there will always be a power struggle. it's human nature. sooner or later someone will try to take over. i'd visit say hello wish you all the best then leave.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

You need to maintain some ties with others. What if your food fails? What if you fall prey to disease? What if you turn up short a skill?

Large group, no. But you need to know where others are.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Since I'll probably be an infected zombie - I'll bring death.

If not - I can weave baskets and fish traps.

I'm also a ninja - so my epic ninjy skills would blow your mind!!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I would find someone who I disagree with vehemently and start a political party, which would of course force them to form one as well. Then together we could finish what was started.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
DC Power (used to own a battery store)
Water Treatment (work in water treatment plants)
Gardening (not great but getting much better)

Also, the wife is a nurse.

Am I in?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Honestly, I would wish all at the camp good luck and walk away. I would not be able to trust anyone but myself in that situation. Not sure how any one of us would react under those circumstances. I'm no Les Stroud or anything, but I feel I would be able to survive on my own just fine. Also, I feel that you would want to be as mobile as possible. If your in a group of 5-10 people, it's much harder to stay moving, make quick decisions, etc. Now, if it were a group of decent looking females, I may be persuaded to stay a few days.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

VoidWalker

Those 2 gigs worth of knowledge isn't good if we have no electricity am I correct on assuming that?

I'm sure that wascally wrabbit has redundancies for his redundancies. Paper copies, stone tablets, lead tablets, papyrus scrolls, etc.
Am I wrong Wrabbit2000?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Fishing, Hunting, shelter building, I have a little backroung in survival as I have done many exercises while in the military.

I would also gladly volunteer to make runs into the nearby villages to gather necessities, ie weapons,food, water, beer...you know.....necessities...lol

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

superman2012

VoidWalker

I'm sure that wascally wrabbit has redundancies for his redundancies. Paper copies, stone tablets, lead tablets, papyrus scrolls, etc.
Am I wrong Wrabbit2000?

lol... Nope. you're not wrong at all. I thought about that in the start. This is where I think years of living on a truck and off the outside grid in every literal way, comes into it. I'm really screwed if we get an EMP blast or other disaster where that is a factor (At least without a little warning and at home to throw devices into my cage), but outside that?

I've got my info collection off the computer and on a couple different forms of storage. Taken together, I can bring them up on anything that takes a MicroSD, USB or variation of those two by adapter, as well as DVD of course. Since mobile devices are rechargeable and I've got solar chargers for conventional batteries and device chargers alike? I HOPE I covered the bases due diligence could be expected to anticipate.

You're getting to know me too well, Superman. lol...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Having read the op, the question is valid, if one of the gloom and doom scenarios were to happen and modern way of life were to end, who would come and what would their role be.

Before I tell you what my role would be, here is who I would like to have with me.

I personally would want someone who was 60 and 70 years old along with us. The main reason is that while they may be old, they would possess the necessary skills that many do not have or have needed in years. That group of people lived and did without many of the modern conveniences. So they would know how to plant a garden, how to sew, how to cook and other skills that are becoming a rarity these days. And they also did many of such by hand. Their knowledge is something that would be invaluable, and thus an excellent resource.

The first month would be rough, as we would have to find a source of water. All other considerations would be secondary to having a source of drinking water, that in itself would be essential. Once the source of drinking water was found, the next would be setting up a base camp for shelter and protection.

For myself, I would probably be the cook and person who can sew, along with identify edible plants initially. I know how to gather food, and preserve some of it for the long haul. Though it would be touch and go at first, having to learn a few skills. And I can also grow a garden as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Fun thread

I'd like to choose leader, but as it's the ATS crowd I know there'd be plenty of worthy candidates. Therefore i'd be fighter, strategist and Chief food runner.
No doubt I'd end up the 'go to' guy for personal problems and advice too, that's been a recurring theme since I was a kid :-)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'd volunteer as the night watch. Climb up a tree, build a tree house and make bird calls if there's a threat (id need to be notified of the groups favorite bird call).

An added advantage: Looting the nearest armoury, a gatling/railgun would be sufficient for backup protection.

Would Arnold Schwgnr remarks: ill be back! get down! be considered too cocky for the group?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hmmm....assuming that I would throw my lot in with a group, I would be gardener, cook, herbal medicine lady, crocheter of warm blankets, general laborer, kindly psychologist, and ruthless assassin.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

My mate has a Korg Trinity - I thought it was a bit naff. But if you can be bothered to lug it all the way into the forrest then I guess we would sound better than most survival groups. We could call ourselves Earth Wind & Fire Survival Group...

If I made it to your forrest then I guess I would bring awesome seafaring and navigation skills, cause I would have to come all the way from London... If I prepare myself ahead of time I will throw my old Fender Rhodes '76 into the hull and we could have a legendary jam of epic proportions. Thinking about it, the bigger the group of survivors the better, as that way they could all wind hand generators to power our amps, and the more of them winding, the louder we can blast. Hope the neighbors don't complain!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Broom
Apocalypse means unveiling, or revelation. Just FYI. That is why the last book of the Holy Scriptures is called Revelation. It merely means a revealing of what is going to happen. And nowhere in the revelation are their zombies or nuclear war or anything of the sort.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

No zombies? What would you call the dead rising from the grave then?

To the OP: As an IT guy, my survival contributions would be rather limited. I guess based on this I'd be a manual laborer. However I did serve in the Army and could provide security and protection if you arm me.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Only If she brings plenty of her Nursey pals

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My role would see me end up as Supreme Overlord.
Respek ma authoritaaaaaaa!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Camp Counselor. I am trained in psychological first aid and am everyone's Dr. Phil anyways.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join