It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Los Angeles: **Footage** What does ATS think?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Yup a balloon. Not joking.

I'm the guy who thinks that Ra is the ruler of Earth and I'll still
say "a balloon" without hesitation. If the glove fits, you must
acquit!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Another still... This time it's a triangle.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
reply to post by JadeStar

Yup a balloon. Not joking.

I'm the guy who thinks that Ra is the ruler of Earth and I'll still
say "a balloon" without hesitation. If the glove fits, you must
acquit!

So it's a balloon.... to you. Congrats.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

JadeStar

StarnatalSandia

A still shot...

It's a balloon.

edit on 16-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting your balloon videos. They prove nothing in this case, other than you've posted some videos of ballons. I don't see any similarity in the least. You apparently haven't seen all the videos I posted.

Not impressed with your representation of ATS "debate" or "discussion" on this subject so far. Does it make sense to post another video titled, "Lighted Balloon or UFO" in comparison, and there is clearly no answer to that one either? Similar in that its an object in the daylight sky, but they are not even acting the same way....

With all due respect, "psychic driving" is not debate or discussion. The 509th would have hired you on the spot! lol You got anything else?

Not impressed at all....

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"It's a balloon." says he...

Okay. That's your opinion!

Thank you for posting THIS.....by the way! Very close to what I saw, but not.

But I still learn something from this video... Thanks for posting something different than just repeating "its a balloon" again. This helps... The led balloon launch though...not even close. Cheers though, and good luck with those balloons.

edit on 16-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

StarnatalSandia

"It's a balloon." says he...

She

No, its a fact.

Look obviously you WANT to believe its a UFO. You have NEED to believe it's a UFO so why come here and ask what it is if you don't like the answer??

Seeking validation from here is probably not your best course of action if posting a blurry image of something in the sky. Try that "godlike" place. Everything is a UFO to that crowd.

But I still learn something from this video... Thanks for posting something different than just repeating "its a balloon" again. This helps... The led balloon launch though...not even close. Cheers though, and good luck with those balloons.

They're pretty much identical.

I've seen all sorts of things that look odd only to find a rational explanation when looking at them closer. I am an amateur astronomer and an astronomy and astrobiology major.

I included the LED balloon launch was to show that these ceremonies are done quiet often so what you most likely saw was a stray balloon from one or a wedding etc. It happens all the time.

Someone puts an LED in a balloon and releases it. Most people think nothing of it. People wanting to see UFOs point them out as "weird" when they have a perfectly prosaic explanation.

If you see one of those LED balloons by itself and high in the sky they look just like what you posted.

Even KellyPrettyBear (who is a hardcore UFOs as alien contact believer) admits its a balloon.

Case closed pretty much. It's a balloon.
edit on 17-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

StarnatalSandia

It's not a triangle. If you zoom in and actually examine the image, you will see the individual orbs making up the bundle of balloons:

They all look the same. They're all balloons. As far as your videos, they're balloons with LED lights like this:

Everyone is free to choose to "see" whatever they like, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they look exactly like balloons.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My deepest apologies for not having been clearer in the beginning.

I made a grave error in not describing how just far away this thing was. This sighting took place about a block from the Capitol Records building near Hollywood and Vine, and I was situated on a hill.

The object in question was at least two the three miles high, and at least 9 to 11 miles east-north-east of me. That means from Hollywood, it had to have been above South Pasadena or further.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

It had to have been a fairly large object to be seen from that far away. Balloons two feet wide cannot be spotted from eleven miles away…at least not without a lens the size of the Hubble telescope.
Sorry if this caused any confusion. Except for the palm tree frond, it’s hard to get a frame of reference as to where I was, or how far it was away. The ONLY reason I noticed it was because at first I thought it was a silver hot air balloon, very far away. But when it appeared to flash a bit and change shape, I ran and got the camera just for safety.

Two minutes later, the object was still there, and the videos clearly show it changing shape, and colour.
It had to be quite large, because it was very far away. You can’t even see a mylar or LED balloon two to three miles above the south tip of manhattan island from Central Park….that’s about seven miles. Not with the naked eye, and this was even further away. That is what those adhering to the “balloon theory” are expecting us to believe.

Anyway…it doesn’t really matter how many people decide to “pile on” balloon theories. Each in their own time to actually watch the linked videos and do the math, or not. It makes no difference to me.

While I do have a fascination with the skies, this gives me a chance to learn about other humans more than anything else. It’s fascinating so many would want to visit and post on a site dedicated to unraveling the truth…yet be so untrustworthy and rude to each other. We learn way more by sharing with each other than trying to outwit or insult each other… I mean, FOUR threads asking people to mellow out? What happened ATS? Lol

Mostly its been a good experience, and thanks to the folks who have asked questions out of the box….from the folks who have suggested vortexes, a possible TR3B (Edwards AFB is in that direction as the crow flies)….even Venus. I also appreciate someone else at least posting something that looked similar… That “similar” thing didn’t look like a balloon to me either, nor did it look like what I photographed…but I really appreciate seeing something different.

My experience is mine, and people can call it a balloon or “FRED” for all I care… It doesn’t change my experience, or what I know happened. If people don’t believe me…well..lol…

Our lack of belief in what others have experienced is why we don’t more quickly evolve. As humans, we have way more in common with each other than different.

But I digress.…I thought I’d clarify just how far this thing was. It wasn’t a few hundred feet above me by any means…nor was It a couple of feet wide. It was at least 9 to 11 miles away, if not further. I’ll say it again… “balloons don’t HOE – VER like that” Nor can they be seen from that far away at two feet wide. This thing was big.

Thanks again for sharing guys…

Oh..and, if anyone can show me some photos/videos of led ballons filmed from 11 miles away, I’d love to see them. (And if that video catches the balloon changing to three, then to six, then to five, then back to three, then back to a balloon again, all the better!)

Okay... Let's see how many people post "i think its a balloon too" now.. lol

I'm done. I'm done talking about balloons. Won't be answering any more of those.... Enough with the distractions.

edit on 19-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: photo perspective embed

edit on 19-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Pretty sure the local LA Boy Scout Troop was messing around with some store bought gadgets/electronics and a stray wind took it aloft, causing many a nincompoop to record it as shown.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

StarnatalSandia

It's not a triangle. If you zoom in and actually examine the image, you will see the individual orbs making up the bundle of balloons:

Everyone is free to choose to "see" whatever they like, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they look exactly like balloons.

I said that the "shape" takes on a triangular configuration. I never implied it was a triangular object.

All of the above photos, except for the first, are clusters of balloons. They can't have been photographed from a few hundred feet away, but I don't know. Did you take these photographs, and how far away were these balloons from the camera?

This thing was huge, and it was at least 8 to 11 miles away to the east, and at least two to three miles high.

I just posted a clarification of my position. What you have shown me here, and what I photographed are not the same thing by any means.

I beg anyone to stand on the north end of Central Park and see a two foot wide balloon, or a cluster for that matter, eight miles away and at least two to three miles up over the tip of south manhattan. They would never notice, nor would I.

This thing was huge. And I was not the only one to see it. Good photos of balloons are present here, but they, along with telling me its NOT a triangle doesn't really prove its a balloon...or a cluster. All your photos show balloons that were photographed from "HOW" far away?

And how that cluster changes from one to three to six to seven and and back to three and one again is beyond me.

Sorry man... can't see a cluster of balloons over Pasadena from Hollywood...JUST doesnt happen!

Edwards AFB is in that direction. I'd buy something from there over some "toy".... Just too small.

_BoneZ_

They all look the same. They're all balloons. As far as your videos, they're balloons with LED lights like this:

Sorry man...you are stating an untruth....It is your opinion. These are not my videos, nor what I photographed. LED balloons cannot be seen from 11 miles away.

I'm quite aware of what it LOOKS like...

Several things in the sky have been spotted that LOOK like balloons, but that doesn't prove that they are.....just like several things in the sky have been interepreted to be from outerspace...and they were not.

The information you missed is that this was spotted from 11 miles away... you have posted nothing that looks like that whatsoever.

It was also a very windy day...it would have been gone by the time I got the camera if it was a cluster of balloons...! lol

It's really fine. If you want to believe its a balloon, its your right. I'm not here to convince you of anything...I'm just showing what happened. Re-name it..."balloons photographed over LA" for all I care, it doesn't make a difference.
I'm ex-air force, and have spotted all kinds of things...and would never on my dying day take the time to videotape some bloody balloons... lol I know what they look like. That's absurd.

Three balloons seen from 11 miles away?

Wait, now it's six balloons? No closer...

All those "balloons" you posted were not 11 miles away. Not the same by a long shot.

I did ask what you thought though...and thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
Pretty sure the local LA Boy Scout Troop was messing around with some store bought gadgets/electronics and a stray wind took it aloft, causing many a nincompoop to record it as shown.

Stay away from the bath salts...! lol

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Can I see the math you used to triangulate how far away the balloons were?

Show your work please. Because there is nothing to indicate how far away the blurry image was that you took.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

StarnatalSandia
The information you missed is that this was spotted from 11 miles away

There's no possible way for you to know that. At minimum you have to know the focal length of the camera, and the size of the object, to calculate the distance of the object from the camera.

StarnatalSandia

Then you should be quite aware that what you're looking at is what it looks like. If it looks like a plane, it's a plane. If it looks like and barks like a dog, it's a dog. If it looks like and flies like a bundle of balloons, then it's balloons.

And no matter how many times it's said that the "object" is not balloons, it doesn't detract from the fact that it still looks exactly like a bundle of balloons.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

StarnatalSandia
The information you missed is that this was spotted from 11 miles away

There's no possible way for you to know that. At minimum you have to know the focal length of the camera, and the size of the object, to calculate the distance of the object from the camera.

StarnatalSandia

Then you should be quite aware that what you're looking at is what it looks like. If it looks like a plane, it's a plane. If it looks like and barks like a dog, it's a dog. If it looks like and flies like a bundle of balloons, then it's balloons.

And no matter how many times it's said that the "object" is not balloons, it doesn't detract from the fact that it still looks exactly like a bundle of balloons.

+1 on that.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

parad0x122

+1 on that.

Additionally, at the end of the day, it had just as significant impact on humankind and history as would have a bundle of balloons.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A few more reasons the LA sighting was NOT a balloon… LOL

****Another update****

Thanks very much for the responses.

Not looking for ‘agreement’ here on ET, or anything.

I’ve pretty much already made my mind up on that.

But this object…? Who knows? It Is NOT a balloon, however.

There are several photos of “balloons” on the thread, and I appreciate the efforts…

I have yet to see a daytime LED Balloon launch on any kind of online video.

It, so far from my research, does not exist.

Several night videos of LED balloons seen from a thousand feet away at most…but NONE during the day.

Then I browsed through several “high altitude” balloon videos. Impressive earth shots, and a few balloon in the sky shots, but nothing matching what I caught on film.

So..to a very few, I and the person who reported this at nuforc were the select ‘’two” to see an LED balloon over LA, several miles away? ….uh… No.

As I’ve said, I’m ex-AF and have seen several planes, satellites…even drones. I know a balloon when I see one. Lol

By the way….blessings to another ‘starseed’ at Galactic Guru, who seemed to film something WAY more similar than the “balloon theorists” have attempted to post here. It's an even closer shot than I got. Not the same, but MUCH closer than anything posted here so far.

This is SO much closer to what I filmed…whatever it is…and this ALSO, is CLEARLY not a balloon. Notice the change to the three-dot configuration of the lights?

Another update to come… I actually got a “balloon” on video this afternoon. Will be good to have something realistic to compare this to…

Have a great Holiday all...

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
I hate how many products are produced as well as purchased all over the world that get "caught" on cameras these days. Seriously, there are so many different things that can be used, that I feel 100% of youtube Ufo vids are either intentionally hoaxed or unintentionally hoaxed. It really chaps my britches lol!

I think in this case it is some random person either using that object for some professional reason or it is some random person using that object to hoax ufo footage. One way or the other.

I personally believe it is highly probable the Universe is teeming with life. Are we being visited? I have yet to see any evidence in my real life yet to prove they have. I have seen loads of documentaries with supposed high ranking officials and the likes discussing or disclosing, if you'd like, the fact that we have and are still being visited. I still can not take the word of others for the absolute truth. I need to witness it myself.

Back on this thread over five years later with a larger perspective on all this. SO much has happened.

LA is a “hotspot”, so I’ve had a chance to witness and film other similar UAP/orbs in the sky since this sighting. This just happened to be one of the brightest captures.

When you give the OP or any one who posts a video on YourTube only “two options” of intent, you miss the point of coming to a forum in the first place. Its like being told we can only see the world as red or blue and we all know life is way more complex than that.

You, yourself have an interest in the paranormal, and posted in the past to provide people with a wider view of experiences. That is all I’ve provided here, was a videotaped experience. There was no money made, no intent to make money, no hoax, nor an intent to hoax. It was an extremely bright object in the sky for over 10 minutes. Someone else saw it also and reported it to NUFORC.

The post is just an experience caught on tape. In time these act as “frames of reference” for others when they have their own experiences. That’s it. The need to uncover an intent to hoax or make money is a waste of time and an absurd claim. I assure you there aren’t a row of mansions in Beverly Hills all owned by UFO experiencers. That’s just not happening.

There are however paranormal aspects to these experiences. Research those and you’ll be a lot closer to being ready if you see one for yourself. You probably already have but just didn’t realize it.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
reply to post by StarnatalSandia

As a strong UFO advocate, my suspicion is that you have imaged the daylight visibility of the planet Venus.

To disqualify that opinion of mine, find yourself an on-line program that plots the motion/position of Venus in the sky at the date and time of your viewing it. Presently, Venus is extremely bright in the early evening sky in the west trailing the setting sun.

Most people don't know or believe that Venus can be seen in the daylight sky if you know exactly where to look. but it is possible.

But that it may be a genuine UFO or one of our triangles is also possible. Good luck!

Back on this thread over five years later with a larger perspective on all this.

LA is a “hotspot”, so I’ve had a chance to witness and film other similar UAP/orbs in the sky. This just happens to be one of the brightest captures. The object was reported by someone else on NUFORC as well, and the “balloon crew” here can’t disprove this.

In the midst of the balloon gas lighting, I never EVER expected the “Venus” thing…so seeing as how I'm here to do a bit of research on how people react to sightings...even on a forum where people go to on their own free will...its a good time to address the "Venus" thing.

Its NOT Venus.

This proves to me once again that people do NOT read the entire post nor watch the videos before they make outlandish attempts to identify this object, just like when they completely missed that this was reported by another experiencer on NUFORC.

I also clearly stated the time of the sighting…3:30pm.

3:30pm is NOT the evening, and Venus cannot be seen in the daytime sky from Los Angeles at that time. Its always seen in the evening sky at sunset in the west.

I was looking and filming towards the north / north-east. This is what the view looks like during that specific day and time according to Stellarium.

If you take away the atmosphere, NO planets are in view.

But where was Venus at that time, you might ask?

Right next to the sun...towards the southwest / west.

I would have blinded myself trying to video tape the sun. So, no….this is not a balloon, nor the Sun, nor is it Venus.

There are several other captures by others that have happened in the last five years. You’ll see them if you do the research.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

parad0x122

+1 on that.

Additionally, at the end of the day, it had just as significant impact on humankind and history as would have a bundle of balloons.

Yet the energy and time spent on researching this post and the science around it have heaps more impact on humankind and history than your snark. Guess it depends on what you are doing with YOUR energy.

Thank God the Einsteins knew where to put their focus.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

She

No, its a fact.

Look obviously you WANT to believe its a UFO. You have NEED to believe it's a UFO so why come here and ask what it is if you don't like the answer??

Seeking validation from here is probably not your best course of action if posting a blurry image of something in the sky. Try that "godlike" place. Everything is a UFO to that crowd.

They're pretty much identical.

I've seen all sorts of things that look odd only to find a rational explanation when looking at them closer. I am an amateur astronomer and an astronomy and astrobiology major.

I included the LED balloon launch was to show that these ceremonies are done quiet often so what you most likely saw was a stray balloon from one or a wedding etc. It happens all the time.

Someone puts an LED in a balloon and releases it. Most people think nothing of it. People wanting to see UFOs point them out as "weird" when they have a perfectly prosaic explanation.

If you see one of those LED balloons by itself and high in the sky they look just like what you posted.

Even KellyPrettyBear (who is a hardcore UFOs as alien contact believer) admits its a balloon.

Case closed pretty much. It's a balloon.

"Cased closed... "

lol

Not really.

I'm looking back on this experience now.

I was so weirded out by it I didn't even look at the first part of the footage. I made separate post about that a few years later, but here a few stills from the first few minutes when the object was closer.

As I said SEVERAL TIMES, and as you can see in the video...albeit YouTube encoding makes it blurry, the object was changing shape and colour the entire time. A "pack of balloons" would not have angular features in some of these stills.

So...posting as a frame of reference for others who may have a similar experience. That is all. No one will ever convince me I filmed a bunch of balloons for over ten minutes that were reported to NUFORC. Thats absurd.

<< 1    3 >>

join