It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Los Angeles: **Footage** What does ATS think?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This happened around 300pm on the afternoon of March 30, 2013.

Before getting into this, I have to say:

I had no tripod for this shot.

I tried to prop myself on a number of things to get a steady shot of this, including a fence, a tree, a gate…I would have used that Great Dane’s back if he had just stayed still.

The camera has a powerful zoom lens, and the object was very far out.

I have nerve damage in my hand and shoulders from a car accident.

All of the above is to acknowledge the image is shaky… I know that, but if I had not steadied myself on what was actually available, there would be no shot at all. So please….

Secondly…there are a multitude of things that this might be…so please, lets’ not pick ONE possibility and drive it into the ground. lol

Anyway….on with what happened…

My friend and I saw a silver-white point of light as we arrived at the front of my building on a sunny and windy Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, California.

I looked up and noticed that the silver dot that would normally be a small plane on its way to Santa Monica Airport was not moving as quickly as it should.

In fact, it wasn’t moving at all. It was just hovering there. A point of light. We were a bit more than a stone’s throw from the famous Capitol Records building in Hollywood, so anyone could have looked up and saw the bright glint in the sky. It was a sunny Saturday, people were on the move, and I was the only one that seem to stop and notice.

I said the same thing to my friend then, that I said to my friend during the sighting in 2010…”please tell me that’s a balloon, right?”

Although this time the response was definitely different…

“I have to pee”, he says...

“Right”…

I looked up again and it didn’t seem to be moving off anywhere, so I ran down the long hallway, unlocked the door so my friend could find the bathroom, grabbed the video camera, and ran back outside, fully expecting it to be gone.

But although it had been three minutes since I first saw it, it was still there, hovering in place…if not very slowly drifting towards the east. And it seemed to be glowing.

This is what I saw.

www.youtube.com...

This is the first part of the shot, but slowed down and I believe a bit of zoom.

www.youtube.com...

Now I admit, I’m beginning to get a bit far-sighted, so I had no idea what I was capturing at the time. It just looked like a brilliant dot in the side-flipout viewfinder, and I did the best I could to support myself to keep the frame as still as possible. I did this all the while making fun of this woman I saw in a UFO documentary once… I thought it was hilarious the way she pronounced hover….she pronounced it HOE-ver. So of course, being the smart ass mimic that I can be, I had to repeat this as I’m videotaping what I was more than halfway convinced was a huge mylar balloon.

Well, a few days later, I was finally able to review the video footage. My mouth dropped open.

I mean, deep down, I knew it wasn’t a balloon. That afternoon was quite windy, and it would have moved in several directions and disappeared much more quickly if it were.

I caught this orb changing colour and morphing into a vivid three point triangle and more…well, I felt like an ass.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry for making fun of you “hoe-ver” lady.

www.youtube.com...

I never thought it would happen to me. Here I am writing comedy scripts about ETs coming to earth, and now, I have a UFO on camera?

And of course I have a zillion questions. Is this an optical illusion?

Is it one of the experimental craft our government is working on? Is it a natural phenomenon of some kind of magnetics with the sun?

Does this have anything to do with chemtrails or Bluebeam? Is it a holographic projection?

Is it a TR-3 variation of some kind like one person thought?

If it is a craft, is it one of ours or theirs?

There are a thousand questions I have….

My only hope is that I won’t log on to ATS to find someone thinks it’s a “golf umbrella with Xmas tree lights being twirled around from another nearby boat.” (poetic though, no? lol)
At first, I thought it was a triangle craft.

It appears David Sereda filmed a similar object in daylight as well.

www.youtube.com...

But this is very different, because upon closer inspection after adjusting contrast, brightness, saturation and gamma…not to mention slowing them down…the object appears to not be a triangle at all. It changes too much.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I really don’t know…but as I find answers, I’m dedicated to sharing.

For the longest time, I thought I was the only one that saw this… Except for maybe the guy yelling with his classmates down the block…”blah blah blah oh my God…a UFO!!”, no one around me stopped to look or notice. In the original sound clips you can hear kids and gates closing in the background…it was a busy Saturday afternoon.

I was somewhat relieved to discover that someone had obviously seen it as well…it was reported!

www.nuforc.org...

Occurred : 3/30/2013 15:00
(Entered as : 03/30/13 15:00)
Reported: 4/23/2013 7:23:57 PM 19:23
Posted: 5/15/2013
Shape: Changing
Duration:10 minutes

“I was on vacation in Los Angeles California, a buddy picked me up from the airport we were driving down sunset blvd. to our apartment and I was taking pictures on my I phone for aproximately 10 min. I did not notice the objects untill I was back from vacation!”

(RIGHT at the time I saw and filmed my sighting…)

www.youtube.com...

This shot has been digitally zoomed in, and slowed down considerably to show the light pattern.
The brightness, contrast, saturation and gamma has also been adjusted from the original shot.

This was object was very high and far away in the sky above Los Angeles, but very little way to tell just how far it was. Very high in the sky, and miles away. There is no way it could have been any LED chopper or balloon…they don’t get that high…and for it to show up that vividly it would have to be huge.

Interesting light show .

If anyone has any intelligent intuitive input…please share.

God Bless, and stay safe all...

edit on 5-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: ---spacing---

edit on 5-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: formatting

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It look like a balloon to me....... serious note i just want to see something with my own eyes..... heck id be happy to go aboard one

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by StarnatalSandia

As a strong UFO advocate, my suspicion is that you have imaged the daylight visibility of the planet Venus.

To disqualify that opinion of mine, find yourself an on-line program that plots the motion/position of Venus in the sky at the date and time of your viewing it. Presently, Venus is extremely bright in the early evening sky in the west trailing the setting sun.

Most people don't know or believe that Venus can be seen in the daylight sky if you know exactly where to look. but it is possible.

But that it may be a genuine UFO or one of our triangles is also possible. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I thought this was already debunked ? ,,,wasn't google testing out one of their WiFi balloons?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They look like balloons reflecting sunlight to me .

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Got to ease you into it

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I have no idea what you have here, but you get a star and flag for the effort you put into making this post! Will be interesting to see if anyone else saw the same thing. Good job, OP!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I hate how many products are produced as well as purchased all over the world that get "caught" on cameras these days. Seriously, there are so many different things that can be used, that I feel 100% of youtube Ufo vids are either intentionally hoaxed or unintentionally hoaxed. It really chaps my britches lol!

I think in this case it is some random person either using that object for some professional reason or it is some random person using that object to hoax ufo footage. One way or the other.

I personally believe it is highly probable the Universe is teeming with life. Are we being visited? I have yet to see any evidence in my real life yet to prove they have. I have seen loads of documentaries with supposed high ranking officials and the likes discussing or disclosing, if you'd like, the fact that we have and are still being visited. I still can not take the word of others for the absolute truth. I need to witness it myself.

edit on 11/5/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

With an ever-increasing fleet of drones being put up both by local and federal government, the skies will become more and more filled with a vast assortment of unidentifiable aerial vehicles. The problem, of course, is detailed quite will in the video where cameras held by hand alone and zoomed on a dot in the sky tend to bounce around. Further zooming sometimes either blurs the image or just makes the shaking worse so... identifying what it is up there fluttering around will often be quite a challenge.

Personally, I feel that genuine 'UFOs'... meaning those not of human manufacture or origin, do still make a show but because we have so many things up there with them, trying to pick out one type from the next is not going to easy.
edit on 5-11-2013 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

www.nuforc.org...

“I was on vacation in Los Angeles California, a buddy picked me up from the airport we were driving down sunset blvd. to our apartment and I was taking pictures on my I phone for aproximately 10 min. I did not notice the objects untill I was back from vacation!”

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

gemineye

I have no idea what you have here, but you get a star and flag for the effort you put into making this post! Will be interesting to see if anyone else saw the same thing. Good job, OP!

Hi... Thanks. Someone did, and its described below. Just haven't found any more videos of it yet.

www.nuforc.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Blowback
I thought this was already debunked ? ,,,wasn't google testing out one of their WiFi balloons?

I would LOVE an explanation for this.

You, of course, can provide a link to the article or video about the Google Wifi Balloon they were testing that day, right?

March 30k 2013? I would really love to see it.

Please provide it...!

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

theruthlessone
It look like a balloon to me....... serious note i just want to see something with my own eyes..... heck id be happy to go aboard one

I'm not sure you'd believe what you saw in this case. I didn't.

Ive never seen a balloon light up light that. I'd love for people to show me some videos that are similar...of neon LED balloons lighting up the sky...but for some reason I'm that special guy that got the ONE prototype on film that has never been filmed nor seen til now... Strange thing.

Thanks for the input!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Aliensun

As a strong UFO advocate, my suspicion is that you have imaged the daylight visibility of the planet Venus.

To disqualify that opinion of mine, find yourself an on-line program that plots the motion/position of Venus in the sky at the date and time of your viewing it. Presently, Venus is extremely bright in the early evening sky in the west trailing the setting sun.

Most people don't know or believe that Venus can be seen in the daylight sky if you know exactly where to look. but it is possible.

But that it may be a genuine UFO or one of our triangles is also possible. Good luck!

Hi!

Thanks for your input.

It was in the spring, the spring equinox had just happened a few days before, it was 3 o clock in the afternoon, and last but not least... the shot was taken towards the north east. I was looking EAST towards the object, and it had to be several miles out towards Pasadena or further, looking EAST from where Hollywood and Vine is, almost literally.

So, there is really not a chance it is Venus. There is far too much marine layer or smog to see planets in the daylight at that time of the day. Only twilight.

I don't have a specific answer on this. I know what I THINK it is, but I'm not here to TELL people its an off planet craft or not... I have no idea. I'm still waiting to see some kind of video of the LED balloon/quadcopter that would match this footage...but no one has yet to supply it. Oh well...

Thanks for the thoughts!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

redoubt

With an ever-increasing fleet of drones being put up both by local and federal government, the skies will become more and more filled with a vast assortment of unidentifiable aerial vehicles. The problem, of course, is detailed quite will in the video where cameras held by hand alone and zoomed on a dot in the sky tend to bounce around. Further zooming sometimes either blurs the image or just makes the shaking worse so... identifying what it is up there fluttering around will often be quite a challenge.

Personally, I feel that genuine 'UFOs'... meaning those not of human manufacture or origin, do still make a show but because we have so many things up there with them, trying to pick out one type from the next is not going to easy.
edit on 5-11-2013 by redoubt because: typo

Nope... Not easy at all.

It wasn't even easy to get the shot...!

I still wonder about the 'drone' possibility..but something like this would be deployed at Burning Man, not over LA without some kind of publicity. The object of 'drones' isn't necessarily to be "seen"... They try to remain somewhat inconspicuous. Lighting it up like a christmas tree in march...I don't see...

Yeah...genuine ones make a show...and Ive seen them.

This is the first one I got on tape...whatever it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

mcx1942
I hate how many products are produced as well as purchased all over the world that get "caught" on cameras these days. Seriously, there are so many different things that can be used, that I feel 100% of youtube Ufo vids are either intentionally hoaxed or unintentionally hoaxed. It really chaps my britches lol!

I think in this case it is some random person either using that object for some professional reason or it is some random person using that object to hoax ufo footage. One way or the other.

I personally believe it is highly probable the Universe is teeming with life. Are we being visited? I have yet to see any evidence in my real life yet to prove they have. I have seen loads of documentaries with supposed high ranking officials and the likes discussing or disclosing, if you'd like, the fact that we have and are still being visited. I still can not take the word of others for the absolute truth. I need to witness it myself.

edit on 11/5/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix
\

I'm not sure what "product" you speak of, but if you have a photo or video you can post to compare this to, it would help us all to learn something... Please. Show me the video of the toy that lights up like that, that can be seen from several miles away. It must be huge. I want to see what it looks like. Toy manufactures are publicizing their wares all the time...Im sure someone can show me something. Havent seen it yet...

Incidentally...this is MY footage, with the exception of the David Sereda clip...that I took in the company of several people around me...

I have no motivation whatsoever to HOAX anyone, so please put that out of your vocabulary with this event.

Why would I shoot footage, and ask ATS of all folks what this is...just to show something fake?

That makes no sense. Does that mean there was no object at all...? It was just cgi? With all due respect, I have much more important things to do...

I'm also not here to prove or disprove what I think about ET to anyone... lol Are they visiting? lol They OWN this place!

But I'm now I'm beginning to sound jaded too.

Sounds like you are not completely jaded.... Try to keep an open mind and try not to get too 'chapped' when you see something that YOU can't explain for the first time. Because it WILL happen. lol

And if you think humans like to play pranks, I'm here to tell ya..ET is a master... You ain't seen nothing yet.

Stay tuned...and don't believe a thing you don't want to...watch the skies for yourself. God Bless.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Blowback

One of these things is not like the others...

edit on 16-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

gortex
They look like balloons reflecting sunlight to me .

Like these balloons reflecting sunlight?

Not the same thing by a long shot...

edit on 16-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2013 by StarnatalSandia because: video link

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A still shot...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

StarnatalSandia

A still shot...

It's a balloon.

edit on 16-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join