Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

2 armed men inside Denver school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Denver Police say 2 armed men are inside Noel Middle School on 5290 North Kittredge Street.

Denver Police received a call from Denver Public schools around 10pm Monday night about a break-in at the school.

An employee told police that they saw two men in the school with rifles and backpacks.

The SWAT team is on the scene. Police say no one else is believed to be at the school.

2 armed men inside Denver school

An employee has told police that two armed men carrying backpacks have broken in to a Denver middle school. Police believe there is no one else inside the school, and a reverse 911 was activated for homes in the area. SWAT is on scene, and no word whether or not they were able to make contact with the two men. This is all the info we have at the moment, still waiting on updates.

All I can think is that these two guys (assuming they are indeed armed and have mayhem in mind) were planning on breaking in, laying low and... what? I hate to even imagine. But they've been busted. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. This crap is happening far too often, and far too close to home for me.
edit on 11/5/2013 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

*UPDATE*
Two men are in custody and police are doing a sweep of the building to make sure it's safe. Nothing further at this time.
edit on 11/5/2013 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

WOW! Not again. At least this time it was thwarted before it became another bloodbath of American children. I am going to watch this through to the end. It will be interesting to see if these guys have any government ties.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colddeadhands

Agreed. There's too much of this kind of stuff going on. Earlier it was shots fired at the New Jersey mall...
I just don't understand.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

oh man, not again.
what is wrong with people?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
At this hour? At least a mass shooting is out of the question. Sounds like a break-in to me. Not to excuse anything but people are getting way too jittery over nothing. There's no way all this junk isn't being reported on purpose for a real agenda. How many break-ins happen every night? Is the MSM going to report them ALL, cause if so it's going to be a loooooong night/morning.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

Well thank any+every entity that can be thanked that there were no kids present! My heart sank when I read the thread title.Still,it does not bode well that those men were there breaking in.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You could be right. But if it was "just a break in" would they need guns at this hour? In an empty school?
Yes, I get fidgety when I hear of men entering a school at any time of day armed and carrying backpacks. Too many horrible things have happened in our schools to not sit up and notice. And wonder. And PRAY that it's "just a break in".

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

I know a lot of people are jittery in this day and age.. I just can't help but wonder if "they" want you to stay that way. Things like this happen all the time, more often than you might think. The only difference is, we get to hear about it more often, which, if anything should be what makes you jittery.

Think about what happened tonight in NJ. Put it in perspective without the media hype. No-one was killed, no-one was ever shot at, 1 casing was found. 1000+ cops show up because that's what we are lead to believe now is necessary. The guy scared #-less kills himself from what we are told.

It's ridiculous, and to think otherwise is willful ignorance IMO, and it's a very bad thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It would have been an ambush on teachers and students in the morning.

Thank the person for spotting them.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You do make very good points. The media are really good at blowing things out of proportion. And in turn, the public goes bat# crazy and starts bending to the will of those who aim to break us.
I'll admit that every time I hear about gun violence running rampant in this country the first thought in my head is "what are "they" going to try to get out of this, stricter gun control laws?" I'm a little tinfoil hat in that area. However, after Sandy Hook, and Columbine here at home, all I can think of is the kids and what horrible thing COULD have happened this time.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Probably some long arm bolt cutters rather than a rifle assuming they're there for a little early money making enterprise but its going to be some sick people who are going to camp out the night before to start taking shots at kids as they arrive

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Unfortunately there's some pretty sick puppies out there that just might do that.
Seems all is well, though. Two men in custody. All I can say is thank god. Or Goddess. Or whatever....

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Seeing how they had backpacks they were probably just burglars. I am also for the bolt cutter and or crowbar scenario. The MSM wants to hype anything to push the current administrations agenda. I noticed the news articles went from being "2 armed men" 2 hours ago, to "believed to be armed" 1 hour ago on Google. So I am sticking with this being another case of fear mongering by the MSM. Amazing.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Wookiep
At this hour? At least a mass shooting is out of the question. Sounds like a break-in to me. Not to excuse anything but people are getting way too jittery over nothing. There's no way all this junk isn't being reported on purpose for a real agenda. How many break-ins happen every night? Is the MSM going to report them ALL, cause if so it's going to be a loooooong night/morning.
Well i've never done a break-in but just taking a minute to think about it...... If I were going to break in to a school(presumably to steal something) I don't believe I would be packing rifles! Just think how much more stuff I could carry!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Sounds like someone's 'programming' kicked off a little bit too early; in spite of what will undoubtedly be reported otherwise, I'd wager dollars-to-donuts that these folks will have no idea why they were there, and if they do, will be in a state of mild shock when questioned.

Having said all of that, I'm thankful nothing came of it, and in no small part for selfish reasons; my daughter attends pre-K in Denver Public Schools.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

I hope none of the children head out to school this morning. In any case ident/forensics will going over the premises. Let's hope and pray this ends in the best way possible for everyone.

ETA: On Twitter: The 2 suspects arrested at a school in Denver are juveniles, police confirm as they search the school - @DenverPolice
edit on 5-11-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

This incident seems bizarre.

Two men armed with rifles, and toting backpacks with God only knows what inside them, break into a school at ten in the evening?

Lets just look at this sensibly shall we? At ten at night, there is going to be no one, and nothing worth strapping on a rifle for, wandering around a middle school, so we have to assume one of a number of possibilities.

First, that the target of these fellows machinations was not actually in the school, but close to it, and they foolishly broke into the place because they falsely believed it would be a stealthier approach to their actual target.

Second, that the objective these gentlemen sought was someone or something that they knew to be inside the school, out of hours. Perhaps a teacher or assistant, caught up in some as yet undiscovered criminal enterprise, or a witness to the same, or evidence which might have seen the pair of them strung up.

Third, that these fellows armed themselves and broke into the school with the intention of causing a mass casualty event, or holding the entire staff and student body to ransom.

These are the possibilities I can come up with. The third of these may, on face value, appear the most likely, but I would ask members to consider this:

First of all I would like to point out that where I use terms like "successful" or "desired outcome" I do not use them as if I, myself, would consider these terms appropriate, but as if from the point of view of the perpetrators.

Let us say that I was of a mind to go and mow down a few hundred kids, teachers, and other functionaries at a school. I would have seen the news over the last few years, and realised that there are certain elements which come together to make such an assault a success. First, there is the manner in which the shooter has accessed the scene of the crime. In other instances where mass casualty events have taken place, the shooter has either been a part of the school, or has shown up during the day, with all the targets he intends to hit, busy about their days toils, and has merely walked through any perimeter security that exists, like doors and windows. Once access has been gained with rapidity and efficiency, the shooter may walk the halls, spraying death in all directions with virtually no resistance, until the police arrive, and even at this point, may still wander the halls, awaiting death at the hands of officers of the law.

There is no need to lay in wait for these targets, to catch them by the sort of surprise which would be the result of a sufficiently clever entrenchment behind the security perimeter around the school, such as may exist. The shock value to the victims would be horrific, but the tactic adds nothing to the potential success of the venture, and in fact diminishes it, as it adds the chance of premature discovery and subsequent arrest, without having achieved any of the goals set at the inception of such a thing. Entering the building at ten at night, means laying in wait for nine hours before even the cleaning staff are likely to arrive! It makes absolutely no sense, if the aim of the venture is a mass casualty event, when you consider that lightning assaults in the mid morning or afternoon have proven effective for other shooters.

If they had explosives, they might have been able to turn the place into a giant exploding ransom trap, and that might explain the huge amount of time they left themselves before the school was due to receive its first employee, but that is still an awfully long time to lay in wait, with all the increased risk that entails.

In my view, it seems highly unlikely that these people were about the business of killing large numbers of school children, because the modus operandi just does not sit correctly over that scenario.

There must have been something, or someone they wanted, inside that building, or at least, they must have thought that there was. I would wager (if I was a) a betting man, and b) feeling flush) that there is more to this story than a potential mass murder attempt. If I was profiling this behavior, I would be looking for alternative reasons for these men to have taken the decision to break into this school at this time. I would be looking at the personal lives of every teacher, assistant, child, janitor, administrative staff, the dinner ladies, every single individual in that place, to see if I could discover a specific target. I would be looking at the perpetrators phone and internet records, to see if they had received any calls from organised criminal enterprises or their representatives, I would be looking into every other possibility than the idea that these fellows broke in, in order to sit in a corner for nine hours before laying waste to the entire student body and faculty.

It just does not add up.

Edit to add:

The suspects were juveniles which alters the probability toward a mass casualty event after all. Still... it pays to keep thinking.
edit on 5-11-2013 by TrueBrit because: Added a line to account for new data.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If these guys were indeed armed and looking to camp out and cause mayhem in the school during early morning hours it was most likely NOT to the student body. Today (the following day) is election day. Many schools are out around the country (ie: no students present). And MANY of those same schools are used for election polling. If they were looking to take people out it would most likely have been voters, maybe even voters of one specific party or another.

UPDATE: NM, looks like a couple 15 year olds with a BB gun and laptops looking to make some quick cash robbing a school. The BB guns were most likely going to be used to pop out surveillance cameras and windows. They surrendered and were taken in to custody.
edit on 11/5/2013 by Terrormaster because: Added update based on the news article.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
NM
edit on 5-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

Did anyone even read this story? It was two kids with bb guns. Do people even read the links provided?
edit on 5-11-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join