It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Mars orbiter blasts off from Sriharikota

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I hope they can take better pics and vid's at a higher resolution than NASA's grainy 1.1 MP garbage.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Since the previous mission to the moon CHANDRAYAAN rocket which detected water on the moon, was in close collaboration with NASA.
Chandrayaan mission detects water on the moon

Wil this mission also be monitored by NASA (santions issues aside-stooges)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

OrionHunterX

PurpleDog UK
Ha ha....this is the same India which we in Britain send economic and military aid monies too....?

Oh, they have a space agency and a mission to mars........ i believe they even have an aircraft carrier......well that's more than us then....!!

PDUK

I didn't know we had racist imbeciles on ATS too!

Actually thats in no way racist. If anything its self mockery. Its simply pointing out the immense absurdity of a country receiving foreign development aid from the UK while maintaining an indigenous space program that we cannot afford ourselves.

Not to mention building larger air force, procuring a modern Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) capability we have had to abandon due to being skint, modernising their nuclear deterrent and a developing aircraft carrier capability.

Foreign aid to india should stop immediately.

Thats not to imply any criticism of the Indians themselves and they should be applauded for their technical achievements. Where they choose to spend the wealth of their nation should be their business alone. Its not their fault we are governed by half wits.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Your comment "Its simply pointing out the immense absurdity of a country receiving foreign development aid from the UK while maintaining an indigenous space program that we cannot afford ourselves".

Its interesting since im from India. And also how much foreign aid is being given to India from the UK please? Im not talking about googling the figures. If u have more info please emphasize. We don't receive a lot of info/research material from the govt. about national spendings

And why u think foreign aid to india should be stopped?

Thanks,
edit on 5-11-2013 by pixelbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pixelbob

Its a couple of hundred million.

Enough for a fleet of P-8s to replace our axed Nimrods. (India is itself buying a fleet of P-8s).

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
AGAIN.

Can we please focus the comments on the actual orbiter and mission

and take the India and it's state of affairs comments to the proper venue.

edit on Tue Nov 5 2013 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Ok. Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why does everybody who has the tecnology , go to mars? Don't get me wrong I really think mars is fasinating . But I for once hoped some other country would go to Europa or other exotic moons or planets that may harvest many secrets then they would be the first to know ...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you leap!

It is a learning process.

One step at a time.

P

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Closing for a cooling down period. Way too many post removals for a thread that isn't far into page three.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join