It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Obamacare Promises 101 - The Many Evolving Versions - Not To Be Missed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This nice laid out spread of quotes and videos is what I would like to call the Obamacare promises 101. This is for any person that has become confused with all the different versions that have come out.

And just to remind everyone here, Sibelius admitted in testimony that as little as a $5 change in price, will cancel your plan. Is this one of the stray cats and dogs mentioned in video number 5? Are there more surprises in store for us?

Ok I am certain that everyone of us here have seen countless videos of Obama stating this. Que up Video number 1.

If you like your plan you can keep your plan, period.

At the end of October 2013 Obama gave a speech in Boston. In this speech, he stated this below quote. Que up video number 2.

If you had one of these "substandard" plans before the ACA became law, you were able to keep it. That's what I said when I was running for office. That was part of the promise that we made. But ever since the law was passed, if insurers decided to CANCEL or DOWNGRADE these substandard plans, what we said, under the law you got to replace it with quality comprehensive coverage.

Now he is saying that there is an addendum to it and that he meant this instead. So now I get it, we all "misunderstood" Obama, so it was our own faults for reading too much into his comments. Que up video number 3.

You can keep it if it hasn't changed since the law passed.

In this February 2010 version he gets into a bit more detail. But Acme plans are still good at this point for the American citizens. Que up video number 4.

Actually, ANY insurance you would have right now would be grandfathered in, so you can keep it. So you can decide not to get in the exchange a better plan. I can keep my Acme insurance, just a high deductible, catastrophic plan. I would not be required to get the better one

Now in the next mentioned version, in Janurary of 2010, Obama admits that some cats and dogs got snuck in that would violate his promise. And that they were in the process of stripping it. Que up video number 5.

If you look at the package, that we presented, and there's some stray cats and dogs that got in there that we were eliminating. We're in the process of eliminating, for example, we said from the start that is was gonna be important for us to be consistent in saying to people if you can have your ... If you want to keep the insurance you got, you can keep it. Your not going to have anyone getting between you and your doctor and decision making. Some of the provisions that got snuck in, might have violated that pledge. So we are in the process of scrubbing this and making sure that it is tight.

Video #1, the entire video applies

Video #2, watch at 19 minutes 55 seconds

Video #3, watch at 40 seconds

Video #4 watch at the 1 min 23 seconds

Video #5 you will want to watch the entire video

edit on 5-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yes and the Dem's are looking for a way to save their adult kids from getting anymore of these.
Dem Senator's son has insurance cancelled...

Democratic officials said top administration aides got a close-up view of the cancellation controversy last week, when Sen. Joe Donnelly, D-Ind., said at a closed-door meeting of the party's rank and file that his son had received notice his coverage was being terminated.

Read the rest of the story here:
news.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http...://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-push-keep-obamas-health-care-pledge-220513736.html
But still Obama is and always has been a:

edit on 5-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Love the scene in video1 that has Jon Corzine smirking behind Obama !!

Maybe he gave some "sound" advice eh ?

and remember this *Promise* ?......

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount. Video compilation by Naked Emperor News of TheBlaze.com. For more on how Obama came up with this faulty projection, read this account in the New York Times: www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

xuenchen
Love the scene in video1 that has Jon Corzine smirking behind Obama !!

Maybe he gave some "sound" advice eh ?

and remember this *Promise* ?......

President Obama repeatedly promised that his signature health law, the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, would reduce insurance premiums by $2,500 for the typical family. Instead, premiums have increased by a comparable amount. Video compilation by Naked Emperor News of TheBlaze.com. For more on how Obama came up with this faulty projection, read this account in the New York Times: www.nytimes.com...

Ok now of all the scenes in all the videos, I noticed the same smirk myself. Now how funny is this?

Oh yeah I won't forget the $2500 business. This one will come into play more once the site is operational. How on earth can we expect caviar and not expect to pay for it? The next few months will be very interesting.

Here is an interesting fact that you may not be aware of. Do you remember the Cadillac plans that people will have to pay a penalty to keep? Well, it turns out that even Cadillac plans are not good enough for Obamacare. Yes, they are considered "substandard plans". So my question for everyone, is that if Obamacare is better than a Cadillac plan, does this mean that every American has to pay the penalty?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Yes, I am quite aware of this. So maybe we will soon be looking at another extension created? Maybe one to protect the families of aristocrats? LOL... Now I am just kidding here.. Or am I?

Anyways, my #1 video pick just showed up in the New York Times today. It's views went up 3000% in less than a day already.

Was Rep. Joe Wilson right? Proof Obama made health care promise 23 times

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Maybe one to protect the families of aristocrats? LOL... Now I am just kidding here.. Or am I?

No you're no kidding, like my time in Nam, the only time we seen a Politicians son was when they needed their C I B ( combat infantry bade ) which required them to do combat duty you might say for a short period of time, but I can't ever remember one leaving the HQ section at our fire base.

What is important is those videos and keep throwing it in the face of those idiots. Now obama is saying, That's Not What he said!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yet another broken promise, shouldn't Obama be calling himself out?

Here is the official White House transcript:

If you misrepresent what's in this plan, we will call you out. (Applause.) And I will not -- and I will not accept the status quo as a solution. Not this time. Not now.

2009 REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT TO A JOINT SESSION OF CONGRESS ON HEALTH CARE

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Right, Right You Are,,, and I have a Question,,, Now that obama is Lying About Lies...
Were are those Rabid obama supporters that normally attack your threads and scream about how the Tea Party and The GOP are the Ones At Fault and Telling Lies, Not Obama.
Were is that guy or gal?
Here's some good articles for ya if you haven't read them.
www.nationaljournal.com...
nypost.com...
hosted.ap.org...
Yes, ask the CEO's of the largest health insurers to LIE for you.

Once he's gone and we're done with him,,,, he's presidential library maybe nothing more than he deserves in My Opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This video belongs here. The press asks Carney for proof, from the past, where as Obama stated that you could keep your insurance, but only IF etc... And they wanted specific instances cited where he stated this. Carney came up empty handed.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This video belongs here. The press asks Carney for proof, from the past, where as Obama stated that you could keep your insurance, but only IF something didn't change etc... And they wanted specific instances cited where he stated this. Carney came up empty handed.

Carney basically states that this was in the small print of the law, and this is what Obama was referring to.

edit on 7-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Here is yet another video with Obama, from early in 2010, admitting that people will lose their health insurance. This video was leaked by Fox and CNN. Notice how this was admitted to other representatives but not the public?

And I really hate the arrogant way that he said this. OMG you have to watch that part! Grrr...

The 8-9 million that you refer to that may have to lose their coverage, keep in mind out of the 300 million Americans we are talking about (insert smug smile by Obama - no really he did)

edit on 9-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

elouina
Here is yet another video with Obama, from early in 2010, admitting that people will lose their health insurance. This video was leaked by Fox and CNN. Notice how this was admitted to other representatives but not the public?

And I really hate the arrogant way that he said this. OMG you have to watch that part! Grrr...

The 8-9 million that you refer to that may have to lose their coverage, keep in mind out of the 300 million Americans we are talking about (insert smug smile by Obama - no really he did)

That's my favorite video. Cantor has the ACA book right in front of him flipping through the pages telling Obama the plan won't work and why and Obama just keeps denying it.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
While I know and agree with everything that is been going on with the ACA we all know that at the end we still be losers as citizens and tax payers and the big interest and liar administration will win.

My question is, what are we to do about all that?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

marg6043
While I know and agree with everything that is been going on with the ACA we all know that at the end we still be losers as citizens and tax payers and the big interest and liar administration will win.

My question is, what are we to do about all that?

It's even worse than you imagine. Obama is working on his own little secret fix for the US citizens. Never mind that our representatives are doing their jobs, Obama thinks he is entitled to create a fix without our elected representatives . And his present idea is increasing subsidies to counter the increased charges. Now I am having difficulty figuring out how the US will afford all this in the first place. Groan...

Why has no one even questioned that Obama has his own private team working on a fix? This isn't how the US works.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

elouina

Bump.
My Friend, Great Video, If only should could have Warned this Cancer Patients that have lost their Healthcare that this was coming to past. Obama knew and he had to be smart enough to know there are people with critical illnesses out there, Right? No Maybe Not, He Only cares About His Legacy, That'll Be remembered as nothing but Misery, Pain and Death.
Much like this woman we all know there are many, many more we have not heard of.

WFTV in Florida reports that a woman with cancer has been dropped from her insurance plan due to Obamacare:

www.weeklystandard.com...
How Sad is this,,, You Know they just Don't care About Them,, or You or Your Children or Grandchildren.
edit on 14-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join