It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic in the 21st century

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe
reply to post by crowdedskies

The sword, dagger, or athame is a rending-tool, useful for piercing the Veil, and admitting us to the Otherworld, or wherever you believe that the "magick" is born. Just as these blades can sever skin, and reveal blood (the life-force of the human being) they can also sever the Veil and reveal energy / light / spirit, the life-force of gods, angels, demons, faery, and all other creatures.

~ Wandering Scribe

Yes, it is symbolic of piercing the veil. It is also symbolic of discrimination, definition, the mind. Most of all it shapes and defines what comes out raw. As you say , it can cut something and create a new beginning.

Could I use another symbol other than a knife or similar object to represent the same principle ? I believe I can.

As a teenager I was passionately interested in astrology. One of my early experiments was to swap astrological symbols. I would for example try and use the Bull to represent a sign other that Taurus. I would contemplate all its characteristics. Then I would find a characteristic that had an afinity with each sign. I did this for all the astrological symbols. That is how I discovered something special about symbols.

edit on 5-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe

I think you misunderstand the purpose of the tools and clothing of the magician/witch.

We wear a robe, not because it is a fashion statement, but because it is loose-fitting, and easy to work in. It allows our energy, and body, to move casually and without restriction. Something which is lost by wearing tight jeans, heavy overcoats, or restrictive Victorian fashion, ha ha. This is also why some adherents choose to practice sky-clad (as your Avatar hints at). It creates an uninhibited flow of energy to and from the body.

A good time or should I say oppertunity to reveal myself? The person in the avatar
I believe depicts one of the Americans greatest sorcerers Commander Chris Hadfield who recently made a song, www.youtube.com...

So the suit counts as a magicians robe and Nasa can start pretending to communicate with their greatest sorcerer who is unfortunately very busy with his spell about giving life to machines. However, they must be told several things about that first. Perhaps others could ask what the modern sorcerers should be doing.

My guess is to understand they are not the ones destined to create sentient AI, but they should unite the world, create a plan to work together on this because in arcane circles all powers depend upon eachother, which goes back to the very beginning. Even magicians from other planets agree on that.

- Me, 2013

But seriously, skyclad means spiritual poverty. Most sorcerers today are almost worthless pervs but usually convinced they are not.
edit on 19/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

crowdedskies

Wandering Scribe

The sword, dagger, or athame is a rending-tool, useful for piercing the Veil, and admitting us to the Otherworld, or wherever you believe that the "magick" is born. Just as these blades can sever skin, and reveal blood (the life-force of the human being) they can also sever the Veil and reveal energy / light / spirit, the life-force of gods, angels, demons, faery, and all other creatures.

~ Wandering Scribe

Yes, it is symbolic of piercing the veil. It is also symbolic of discrimination, definition, the mind. Most of all it shapes and defines what comes out raw. As you say , it can cut something and create a new beginning.

How many know the veil is a test to see for how much one may be in contact with the first soul (who is very old, before many theories we know of)? And once one is convinced it worked is when they are past half in the decision because everyone who does those things or partake indirectly goes to a bad place and if humanity never reaches the stars at the end some might be awoken to continue. Just not those who pierced anything, takes too long to teach them how it is very wrong.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join