It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just some passing thoughts on:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Relationships

Perhaps the one thing I overthink is relationships. It all seems so simple since we all are looking for the one person that wants us to hold them when they need to be held and to be held when we need in turn need that support. To please and be pleased by that person. And yet we over complicate things by not believing in them when they say that they love you or just passing on your feelings for fear of being wrong or seeing what isn't there. Some times it can be the right person at the wrong time or the wrong person at the right time. Sometimes we settle and other times we refuse to settle. For myself, I can chalk it up to sometimes saying nothing when I should have said something or saying something when I should have said nothing.

The risk of opening yourself to another is that you can be hurt. Either by rejection, unresolved acceptance (in which they took you only to fill a void in themselves and leave when they think they found someone better) or unfulfilled fantasy in which the other person doesn't live up to what you thought they were.

Faith

A very deep subject, but rather than complicate it with dogma of any particular religion, I shall try to remain basic. Faith is believing in something more than yourself. Knowing that it exists without proof or elaborate conjecture in order to fit a preconceived ideal notion of what is. It is the competence and courage that you can blindly forge ahead knowing that you are on the right course. Faith is completing a goal without understanding the parameters or what the exact outcome will be. And faith is the cornerstone of all good relationships. Faith is simply knowing without knowledge. Faith is acceptance without aprehension.

The Meaning of Life and Everything Else

Okay so that wasn't the exact quote, but I had to lighten the mood. Life is experiencing things, making mistakes and questioning what went wrong. Sometimes you get those answers and you learn from the experiences. Other times you do not and are left with those unanswered questions. But that is okay as well. It is my firm belief that when you die, you get the answers to all those questions. And that part of the reward of the trials and tribulations of life is that you finally get to understand. Which is why it is important to do the things that take you out of your comfort zone. To experience the risk despite the chance of failure. To speak your mind and let the ones that mean something to you to know what you think and feel. To guide the lost if you know the way or journey with them so that you might learn from their wisdom.

Everyone that you meet in life is a genius about something. It is far easier to learn by experience than to avoid the experience and guess at the result.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Imho People either can see through to your soul and sense your intent, or they cannot. I don't think it is about what you say or do not say so much. Also it helps to err on the side of good, if you are unsure of intent, assume on the positive side. Sometimes you will be wrong, but mostly you won't.

A biologist would say it is all chemical.

For me, I think we are attracted to people who either mirror our 'holes', or have qualities we wish we had.

Having courage, well in a way I am learning courage on ATS odd as that sounds. I have trouble confronting people, I was beaten as a child, so facing someone angry is really hard for me, but I am learning.

Relationships are tough for some of us. I have trouble even trusting friends, often I don't. I am ever ready to run.
I am blessed with friends who overlook my occasional paranoia and fears. They either let me run, knowing I will be back, or they calm my fears. They love me anyway, boy does that feel good!

I don't know if anything I have said relates to your thread. lol I guess I have treated it like a confessional. heh

I think you are doing important work, and I don't mean your job.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well being insecure is a huge turn off, but if you love that person you love them insecure or not.

You guide them through your love, to show them that they are worth it, and to drop those insecurities.
Its a tough long ass road, but it can be done.

People dont give enough of themselfs to the right person, and give too much to those who just love to take and take and take.

Its sad, so many people would be right for eachother, if they would just open up and LOVE. No hang ups, no baggage, just love.

I think a lot of people have had bad relationships, then take it out on the next one.

One word of advice? Not everyone is out to screw you over, so drop the insecurities and the walls, dust yourself off and go at it again. You will be suprised.

join