It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Ride a Motorcycle?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm currently the owner of a 2008 GS500F Suzuki. Owned it for a bit over a year, and was my first bike. The wife has now allowed me to purchase her father's Yamaha v star 1100 (Yippee!!!) So I was wondering, how many forum members ride? Show off a picture if you'd like, or just tell us about it!

Mine minus the damage i've caused

edit on 4-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: reasons!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Howdie fellow rider,

I ride proudly every day....absolutely nothing in the world like it......we understand why dogs stick their heads out

25 year rider

edit on 4-11-2013 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

entirely right! whats your ride? Sometimes, I even put my visor up when I'm going under 40, just to feel the wind on my face

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Absolutely....I wear a 3/4 helmet, minute i get under 40, visor is up.....Only thing, I have seriously been shopping for a faring, the Arizona wind can be ruthless....Posted a pic in the previous post.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What honda is that, a shadow? Looks a bit older, maybe early 90s model.. am i right? Beautiful bike!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I just got back "on the horse" after a loooooong absence due to an accident. Bought an almost mint condition (only 3200 miles) 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650. It's a great ride, and perfect for re-gaining my confidence. You can't go wrong with a V-Star IMO, and I am very happy with my "Stella" :

Stella

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

kingofyo1

What honda is that, a shadow? Looks a bit older, maybe early 90s model.. am i right? Beautiful bike!

Thank you kindly.....actually there is an interesting back story to that model. It is a 1983 Honda CX650C, made for exactly one year as a test. The older CX models were awesome with quality, and so Honda took things from other models, the magna and silver wing combined with the CX engine to see how popular it would be against their new model Shadow. Well, consumers like the Shadow better and so Honda discontinued the line......It is an amazing bike and has enough torque for a cruiser at that sized engine to actually stand up(accidentally)....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Dear kingofyo1

My ride is a Ducati Pikes Peak you can see it on the link below.

www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

This was a fun day for the kids way more bikes here.

www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Gorgeous.....but a bit big for my little frame

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

beautiful bike! Yeah, I love cruisers in general, and being a metric bike, parts are going to be easier to get than a Harley.. And cheaper too!

Mac, that ducai it pretty sweet, and a good thing to do for kids in need

I haven't heard of the CX before! looks nice though

edit on 4-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thanks, and she is being gentle with me too

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

kingofyo1

beautiful bike! Yeah, I love cruisers in general, and being a metric bike, parts are going to be easier to get than a Harley.. And cheaper too!

Mac, that ducai it pretty sweet, and a good thing to do for kids in need

I haven't heard of the CX before! looks nice though

edit on 4-11-2013 by kingofyo1 because: (no reason given)

Ought to check it out.....they were wonderful bullet proof bikes....my first was a 79 CX500. Kept true to Honda all these years

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

will do
In a couple weeks, when I get back home, i'll take some pics of the vstar for yall

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Had a Yamaha Vmax 1800, sold it when I moved

Thinking of making another purchase though soon, havent decided what though.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

kingofyo1

will do
In a couple weeks, when I get back home, i'll take some pics of the vstar for yall

vstar is a wonderful bike......very impressed with the model.....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've had a few over the years, had a mid 70s KZ1000, had a VMAX which was like a bat out of hell fast. Then in 2002 I bought my first new bike...a Harley Davidson Electraglide. I had to sell it last year due to money troubles,but now im getting things back in order and will be getting another one next spring.
In 2003 we went to vegas and rented Harleys and rode to AZ to see my dad so we had a 4 hour ride through the dessert which was the most amazing ride..that was when you could still ride over the Hoover dam, that was the coolest ride!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

Heck yeah, sounds awesome! I'd love a ride over the dam or grand canyon or something scenic like that

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

JHumm
I've had a few over the years, had a mid 70s KZ1000, had a VMAX which was like a bat out of hell fast. Then in 2002 I bought my first new bike...a Harley Davidson Electraglide. I had to sell it last year due to money troubles,but now im getting things back in order and will be getting another one next spring.
In 2003 we went to vegas and rented Harleys and rode to AZ to see my dad so we had a 4 hour ride through the dessert which was the most amazing ride..that was when you could still ride over the Hoover dam, that was the coolest ride!

That is on my personal bucket list. I have friends that live in Vegas, and we hope to meet up and do something similar some day. If we are allowed to travel where we wish still by that time, that is...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Mrs. tanda rides a slightly beat up Vulcan. It's her first bike so we got her a beater.

Mr. tanda rides a HD from the dyna family. This makes his 11th.

These are strictly weekend bar hoppers.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Beautiful dyna!!! I was looking into getting a fxdx prior to my wife's dad promising to sell me the v star when I got back

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join