"I will obey the orders of the President of the United States." Booed At Football Game

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Now this is one video I would like to see. I have been looking for it to no avail. At a Missouri football game they swore in some national guardsman and the crowd booed when they reached the part in the ceremony that stated, "I will obey the orders of the President of the United States.".

Is this a sign that Obama's lies have finally caught up with him? You know he wanted his health insurance plan his way and not the way the citizens of the US would want it. This goes to show that dictating what kind of insurance we have to buy is not very popular. But is having someone dictate anything to you desirable?

New members of the Missouri National Guard were being sworn in, said Chad Moller, spokesman for University of Missouri-Columbia athletics.

But during part of the oath that reads “I will obey the order of the president of the United States” members of the crowd could be heard booing, according to the Missourian..

A St. Louis County Representative said he is outraged and embarrassed. State Rep. Clem Smith (D-Velda Village Hills) said he was at the football game and found the actions of some in the crowd inappropriate and unpatriotic.

Unpatriotic? No I feel this is the exact opposite. It is Americans expressing their opinion of our dishonest president. I knew he would fail enough to disappoint his most loyal following eventually.

Crowds Boo During National Guard Ceremony at Mizzou Football Game

edit on 4-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Do Americans ever get tired of electing presidents to two terms and then desperately try to impeach them before the second is up, or is it like a national hobby/game?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wait a minute, I never even noticed the supposed racial aspect. Goes to show that there was none. But check out this quote from my quoted article! OMG!!! They are comparing this to the Rodeo clown incident, saying, "it happened again"!

ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – It happened again. Three months after a rodeo clown mocked the president at the Missouri State Fair, fans at a Missouri-Tennessee football game Sunday booed when Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during a halftime ceremony.

edit on 4-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think it just proves that there were some people at a football game in Missouri who don't like the President. Chances are these people would have booed before there was a PPACA. I was watching the President speak the other day and there were leftist protesters screaming about pipelines, does that mean the nation is rising up against the tyranny of oppressive pipelines? Seems like this article has minimal news value but it's the sort of fluff piece that plays to some people's confirmation bias--conservatives can look at it as proof that the nation is fed up with the President, liberals can look at as proof that Missouri is full of conservative kooks.

You're reaching pretty far to pull that anti-race-card-card too, if you follow the "it happened again" link back to the same CBS affiliates earlier article about the rodeo clown BS, out of the many quotes, there's a single one from a single individual claiming racist intent.
edit on 4-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I would say there is a healthy majority in Missouri who very much dislike this President. In fact, given that we outlawed his PPACA with a State Constitutional Amendment, not just a law, and passed at over 60% no less, he's a most unpopular guy at the moment.

Christmas cards from Missouri probably won't be overflowing mail centers in Washington, I'm thinking.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Obama is just not Missouri's favorite person. Don't let the close results of the election fool you. If it weren't for St. Louis and parts of KC, it would have been crystal clear.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I would say that isn't the time or place to be making political statements. The times I reenlisted were not public forums like that but if they were I would have found such outbursts very disrespectful. I didn't like the presidents back then either but it would have still pissed me off if some group acted that way.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree that it's a sign of disrespect to the office, too. However, there isn't a whole lot of respect left for the government in general, even the office of president, out here in flyover land.

That's sad, and I'm so very, very sad to say that because I've always been very proud to be American, proud of my grandfathers, both WWII vets, and I always feel a thrill of pride when my alma does Ft. Riley Day, and there's always full respect given there.

But I just can't muster up much respect for the government these days.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
(fearfully looking around)

*whispers*
Don't say anything bad about Obama.

You're no allowed to.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

For me it isn't about the president, office, or government it's about the swearing in. Probably because I spent so many years as a soldier that the idea of booing or heckling at a reenlistment ceremony grinds on me.

These soldiers already completed at least one enlistment 3-4-6 years and they are swearing in for that much longer at least. It's a big decision and I feel it deserves a modicum of respect.

It isn't like the president was there to hear the boos so what's the point? I think the ones who booed were a bunch of jack arses with zero respect or understanding about what a soldier faces.

Edit

These soldiers enlistments are going to outlast the current presidency. Why can't the hecklers just stick a sign in their yard like everyone else and give the soldiers a break.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
IMO

I bet that those boos were All About Obama, not the individuals who freely choose to serve.

I bet the Respect for the individuals and the concepts are well intact with the majority of American Citizens.

edit on Nov-05-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh I am sure it was about Obama I am just saying that was the wrong time and place to express themselves. I couldn't care less if they waved banners reading Obama six or even passed out t shirts expressing the same.

It's just that it was extremely poor taste to interrupt a military ceremony in the way they did.

top topics

join