Endgame - Compulsory mental health "treatment"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

citizen6511
reply to post by BrianFlanders

i live in a state that emptied out the loony bins and dumped everyone on all the state's cities' main street.

we now have a large population that can't take care of themselves and are prey to all kinds of criminals.

in our building a retarded person's appartment, paid for by the state, has a crack dealer for a roomate.

last year it was an old lady with aids whose appartment was the largest crak house in the neighborhood.

in the past three years i've seen how these people have become victims as the criminal element adjust to this new and easy prey.

some people need protection which cannot be given in general population housing.

the present system is a disaster, imo.

I see you didn't really read my posts the way I wrote them. Thanks but your post does not even address my concerns in any way. If you'd like to read the links about the political abuse of psychiatry in totalitarian regimes and then tell me that isn't a valid concern (particularly in these troubled political waters in which TPTB would like nothing more than a way to silence their critics), I'd like to know why you think it isn't.

I'd like to know why you think a government that will spy on every phone call, email and text would not abuse a blank check to use involuntary incarceration on people it deems to be crazy. I'm sure they do think you're crazy if you disagree with their policies. They always call their opponents nutcases. Left wingers are particularly bad for that.

There are relatively few people who are really so far gone that involuntary treatment should even be considered. And even then, it's risky because too many people trust the state implicitly and don't ask questions.
edit on 6-11-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-11-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

i understand your concern for abuse by shady governments.

i was giving a glimpse of my inner city neighborhood and it's problems due to too little being done to protect those with mental problems returned to society.

i'm sure more funding with present solutions will simply mean more people on medication so they can keep collecting social security.

and in the usa, an ever growing cash cow for the pharmaceutical companies.

there already is very little honesty in the present system, and no reason to hope for better.

<< 1  2   >>

join