It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kitty Died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

tacocat
Pets dying is hard, sorry for your loss. I dread the day our cats start dying, we have 3 and they're from the same litter. I'll be doing my best to get another bunch from the same litter again. Even the dog gets along with them.

Wow 3 from the same litter! I sure hope they die years apart from each other. Still, no matter when they go, it is gut wrenching and we can never truly prepare for that day. When that day comes, we need to grieve yet know that they are somewhere better than here and at peace. The love that we have for them and them for us does not die, it lives forever in our hearts.

Enjoy your little treasures while you still can. For those who can get another pet, there are plenty of homeless animals looking for a forever home and love.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Sorry for your loss, as they too are family. I've lost both 2 legged and 4 legged family members, it never is easy at first as always there is grief for both. Time does heal.

I hope, as you say she is, where she can be with hearing abilities, though I bet she dealt with lack of hearing with grace.
edit on 8-11-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 8-11-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

1loserel2

Sorry for your loss, as they too are family. I've lost both 2 legged and 4 legged family members, it never is easy at first as always there is grief for both. Time does heal.

I hope, as you say she is, where she can be with hearing abilities, though I bet she dealt with lack of hearing with grace.
edit on 8-11-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 8-11-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

Thank you so much! They really are family members, especially for people like me who never had any children. It appears that she will be my last fur baby as my life is too up in the air right now and that saddens me deeply. In the past I would always welcome a new life into my home and heart.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm so sorry. My Maine Coon cat of 16 years two weeks ago and I'm still pretty devastated. Those little critters become such an important part of our lives, and it's heartbreaking to lose them. You are in my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Rhoswen

I'm so sorry. My Maine Coon cat of 16 years two weeks ago and I'm still pretty devastated. Those little critters become such an important part of our lives, and it's heartbreaking to lose them. You are in my thoughts.

Thank you so much!! I always wanted a Maine Coon! 16 years is a good long life for a cat. My sympathies in your loss. I share in your heartbreak I truly do!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I went grocery shopping today and as always, automatically headed for the pet food isle and stopped suddenly realizing I no longer had a reason to go there.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sorry to hear your cat died. It's hard when anything you care for dies. I hope it didn't suffer much.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Thank you Sweetie! When a person or a pet that you love passes away, it is so strange. It's like one minute they're there and the next...gone. Things are so different without them. I so wish I could just go to a shelter and give a new kitty a home and love. My life is just too up in the air though.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

We have five cats presenty, two outdoor cats and three indoor cats. We have our own pet cemetary on the property. There are many animals there. I have a nice shop and build pretty little coffins for the animals. Since the ground is hardpan we can only bury them about a foot deep. Then the scavangers dig them up if they aren't buried deep enough. So I make wood coffins and headstones for the animals.

Someone is going to see these headstones in a thousand years and wonder what the hell was going on. I suppose I will be considered a heathen that worshiped animals.

My wife wants her ashes buried there with a headstone also. I am going to experiment with incorporating ashes into a special clay based cement to see if I can make a burial artifact. This is a very old system used by humans in the past. Myself, I want my ashes to be spread out amongst the trees in the woods to help give nutrition to the trees.

I planned to make and sell animal coffins. I can't get rich at it because it takes many hours to make solid oak animal coffins. They can be used as a cat bed while the cat is alive and then converted to a coffin afterwards. I had one woman wanting one for her jewelry box and she said when the cat dies she can use it for a coffin. I can't see not using the coffin before it is used as a coffin. That is an ultimate recycling.

I even had someone ask me why I don't make urns for people's ashes. Either way I would have to get a hundred twenty bucks for a coffin. All the brass accessories are expensive for a nice one. The carrying handles on the last one were made from chrome plated brass toilet seat hinges and they had a half inch oak dowel running along the sides of the coffin. It looked sort of like a human coffin.
We had that cat for twenty years, it was our friend. The coffin only cost me twenty bucks to build but it took me twenty hours to build. The hand rubbed tongue oil finish coated with shellac and three layers of real varnish gave it a nice finish. I suppose I should build about ten of them this winter in my shop. I am going to learn how to make those burial artifacts too, I have a few friends that might be interested in them. They can help make them, I will not charge them much for my time to teach them once I learn. My expenses at the shop are only about two hundred bucks a month if I heat it. I have to get a donation for the costs. Maybe if I start selling animal coffins it will help offset the costs.

I don't know if this will work...C
ocuments and SettingspatrickMy DocumentsSDViewer�6200623130113.JPG
edit on 14-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Nope, how about this

Strange customs us humans have about burying someone we care about.
edit on 14-11-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wow! Beautiful! You have some amazing ideas and I hope they turn out profitably for you!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join