It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Kitty Died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

Oh they are indeed more than just an animal. I had a cat that lived to be 19. He was a gorgeous himalyan and I still miss him today.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm a grown man of 36 and your story made my eyes water.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

I think that is sweet. I love a man who can cry over a cat! Your cats are lucky to have you.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

In time,...

these words from Dr. Seuss may help.

edit on 4-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Rainbow's End

They listen to the secrets that only they will ever know.

They soothe the tears, that only to them, we will ever show.

We hold them when they need us, we hold them when we need need them.

We hold them close, they are our best friend.

Their names are like music as they cross our lips.

Music in their ears, telling them to have no fear.

We give them all they need to grow and thrive.

They fulful us, enrich us, brighten our lives.

And when the time comes to say goodbye, our hearts are broken, our lives forever changed.

But the one thing that we know for sure, our love for them, above all endures.

Oh, but for one more gentle stroke of that silken fur, one more bark, or cuddle, or loving purr!

But know that one day, you will hold them close again, as you too come to see the rainbow's end.

And wrap your arms around them, and forever, keep them close to you again!

R.I.P. beautiful one

:`[

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

I understand. Though it is so heart breaking to see them go, we should be happy that they came into our lives and shared their love and happiness with us. They are truly a gift. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Beautiful, so beautiful! Crying all over again. It is amazing that they impact our lives so deeply.

Oh my sweet little Straya, my loving little girl, how Imiss you and love you so.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Glad you like it, I wrote it just for you and your girl. I feel your pain, as we just recently lost a baby, too. I would hug you if I could, but the best that I can do from here is a hug in words.

Lg

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Libertygal

Glad you like it, I wrote it just for you and your girl. I feel your pain, as we just recently lost a baby, too. I would hug you if I could, but the best that I can do from here is a hug in words.

Lg

Wow, you wrote that yourself???? Amazing!!!! I am sorry for your loss too. HUGS!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss!
People who have never had pets, have no idea what it's like.
I just lost my cat Socks on the 22nd.
Not sure how old he was, but we had him for 15 years.
It's never easy, not even when you know that it's coming!

There were two people last week that had threads about losing their cats.
And this is the time of year,
when most of the pets that we've had over the years have died.
What's up with that?

I've had lots of pets ever since I was 6.
But Socks was by far, the smartest & most 'human' of any of them!
Very in tune with how I was feeling,

He would only drink out of the bathroom sink, never a bowl!
He would come & meow to us when he wanted us to make it drip.
Then when he was done, he'd come find us
& meow again to remind us to turn the water back off!
When treats used to come in little round cardboard canisters, with plastic lift off lids,
he would hold it in his front paws & pry the top off with his teeth to get the treats!

The last few years he stayed close by me, whatever I was doing.
He usually slept with me at least part of the night
& would come wake me up in the morning if I slept too long!

Everything that made them special to us,
is what we have to keep thinking about & remembering.
And how we gave them a good life, that they might not have had otherwise!

Ours was a tiny, malnourished stray, that our oldest daughter saw in the park.
He followed her & her girlfriend & kept jumping in our van
when they opened the doors to leave.
They kept taking him back out & putting him in the grass away from the parking lot...
But he would run & try to jump back in!

They figured because of the way he looked & the way he was acting,
that someone probably dropped him off. So she brought him home.
I was upset at first...but it turned out to be one of the best decisions she ever made!

I wonder if ATS member's pets will get together & talk about what it was like
to have 'parents' that belonged to ATS!!!

When you feel up to it,
maybe it would help to share some more about your Straya with us!
Long distance hugs to you!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful memories of socks. Sounds like Socks was an awesome cat! My deepest sympathy on your loss. Sounds like he had a very long and happy life and wonderful family.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Nigh Star

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm truly sorry for your loss hun. Losing a loved pet is heart wrenching.

But the memories are priceless

Cody

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My former cat, Veronica, also went deaf for the final 3 years of her life. I would look for her at dinner time, usually finding her snoozing in the sun on our neighbor's garage roof. She could no longer hear me calling her, so I would toss a pebble onto the roof next to her, & she would sit up to look around for the source. She would see me holding up her dinner bowl, & practically became a blur as she jumped from the roof to the fence, then ran along it to the deck behind our house, & her dinner bowl.
When she was facing away from me, I learned to stand so my shadow fell in front of her. She would know I was there without my having to approach her, which startled the hell out of her, since she couldn't hear me coming.

I found her when she was a stray kitten at a construction site, an adorable Abyssinian-Siamese hybrid who must have slipped out through an open door wherever she lived. I brought her home, & must admit, I fell so in love with her that I didn't try very hard to locate her former human. Veronica's Abyssinian heritage showed in the way she so thoroughly loved me for rescuing her. Her Siamese heritage caused her to let me know, in no uncertain terms, when it was time to get up, time to feed her, or to change her litter box. And all of it had to be done *Now*, or I would hear about it.
She was enough of a sweetheart that she got away with also being such a curmudgeon. She graced my life with her company for 16 years until the multiple health problems she developed would have made it cruel to keep her with me any longer.

This is the thought that helped me through doing the right thing by my Kitty Sweetheart, the thought that helped me through the pain of grieving her, & I hope, a thought that may help you if I share it now:
On my way out of the vet's office, I stopped by the front desk to settle up the bill. The woman behind the counter said how sorry she was that I lost Veronica. I told her, "In her time, that cat did everything she wanted to do, & precious little that she didn't want to do. How many of us will be able to say that on our last day?"

The guy in my avatar is Toby; he & his brother Willy are my best friends now. I'll always miss Veronica, but my 2 current roommates fill my life with love & their own unique characters. Give yourself time to get through this pain, & I wouldn't be surprised if a new little ball of fur found his or her way into your life.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm so sorry. It's never easy to lose a pet. They are our children in a way, and they love us unconditionally. ...you gave your kittie a wonderful life,full of quality and joy, and always remember that! ...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My cat passed in 1991 and it took 3 years before I could even say her name which came out as a barely audible croak of broken and sobby syllables.

Losing a pet can be a painful experience.

Nightstar, you are always there for us. Here's a (((HUG))) for you in your time of need.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

A friend sent me that quote from Dr. Seuss after I lost my little one 8 months ago. I do smile that it happened when I think of all the fun & love we had. I still cry because I miss her so. But, it's not over. I know I will see her again.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

mlifeoutthere

Such an unnecessary & hurtful comment.

I hope you find it in your heart to edit while you still can.

edit on 5-11-2013 by intrepid because: Uncalled for quoted material removed.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mlifeoutthere

Really dude? Wtf- very uncalled for comment. Why don't you rub the salt into the wound alittle more....karma will get you for that comment,.... you will see....and one day you will be grieving the loss of your pet, or family member , or friend who means a lot to you, ...you will be hurting, and you will remember your comment.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I know your heart aches for Straya. You know she has left this realm and entered another where everything is beautiful and wonderful for her. You will see her again. My heart goes out to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join