It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Last Days' events could have been thwarted"...no more...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Lingweenie
The so called End times, apocalypse, ragnarok, whatever you want to call it, is a bunch of bologna. It only serves to create a sense of urgency and fear. Supposedly the world was supposed to end on 2000. And it was also supposed to end back in 2012 because the 'spooky' Mayan calendar apparently ended there. And also, I believe some Christian person also claimed the world was supposed to end on about October of 2011, or somewhere around there.

There will be no "end times" because time is probably something that doesn't even exist. The only reason why we humans perceive time is because of our relation to our sun, and the tilt of our planet. Every 24 hours, or day, if you will, our planet successfully rotates 360 degrees. And every 365 days (technically a tiny bit less if you consider the leap day) our planet successfully revolves all the way around our star (the sun) one time. And the fact that our planet wobbles, and has a tilt to its axis, creates what we call seasons. Which can also be considered a period of time.

Lets say our planet did not spin, or revolve around the sun, or be tilted, for the sake of argument, time as we know it wouldn't exist, because there would be nothing to measure it by. So claiming that the "end times" are coming makes no sense, since time is actually a pretty goofy concept.

Not to mention Religious folk believe that after death they will live forever in heaven (or hell if you break the "rules"). So my question is, how exactly can you measure forever? And if the "end times" are coming, then why do you refer to it as "the end" when in fact it would technically just be the beginning? But then again if heaven has always been around, then how can you even call that the beginning either?

The end of time itself can never come..Mankind could screw the world up so bad that it would produce the effects laid out in revelation, and if God has this agenda he could act on it.

I do believe that something saved us from ourselves many times.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I wonder how his book sales are doing?
Oh .. and if you like what you read, ya'll can donate to his foundation.
$$$ involved. No surprise there, eh ??

Reading his stuff is like reading Edgar Cayce crossed with a street psychic.
Lots of 'cold reading' stuff ... generalized common sense things with no dates attached.
Example - 'New York may be hit with a terrorist attack' ..... well, DUH!
Anyone over the age of 10 could tell you that.
And all the new agey Edgar Cayce stuff gets mixed in ...
The Akashic Records ... the 'dark energy' ... the new continent rising out of the ocean ....

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Isn't bearing false witness a sin?

YES. And a person bearing false witness (telling lies) is in a state of mortal sin (according to the Catholics) and that person should go to Confession and, more importantly, admit the lies and apologize to those she has harmed with her arrogance. Otherwise, when the end does come, that person is not headed for heaven and not even purgatory. The flames of hellfire could be in store for that person. (according to Catholic teaching)

edit on 11/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

gadfire

Lingweenie
The so called End times, apocalypse, ragnarok, whatever you want to call it, is a bunch of bologna. It only serves to create a sense of urgency and fear. Supposedly the world was supposed to end on 2000. And it was also supposed to end back in 2012 because the 'spooky' Mayan calendar apparently ended there. And also, I believe some Christian person also claimed the world was supposed to end on about October of 2011, or somewhere around there.

There will be no "end times" because time is probably something that doesn't even exist. The only reason why we humans perceive time is because of our relation to our sun, and the tilt of our planet. Every 24 hours, or day, if you will, our planet successfully rotates 360 degrees. And every 365 days (technically a tiny bit less if you consider the leap day) our planet successfully revolves all the way around our star (the sun) one time. And the fact that our planet wobbles, and has a tilt to its axis, creates what we call seasons. Which can also be considered a period of time.

Lets say our planet did not spin, or revolve around the sun, or be tilted, for the sake of argument, time as we know it wouldn't exist, because there would be nothing to measure it by. So claiming that the "end times" are coming makes no sense, since time is actually a pretty goofy concept.

Not to mention Religious folk believe that after death they will live forever in heaven (or hell if you break the "rules"). So my question is, how exactly can you measure forever? And if the "end times" are coming, then why do you refer to it as "the end" when in fact it would technically just be the beginning? But then again if heaven has always been around, then how can you even call that the beginning either?

The end of time itself can never come..Mankind could screw the world up so bad that it would produce the effects laid out in revelation, and if God has this agenda he could act on it.

As far as Earth goes there will inevitably be a "End time" but not the type portrayed in religion. Eventually our planet will come to an end. That will most likely not be for a very, very, very long time though. Any rational person can agree that our sun will eventually "die" and go super nova, and when this happens, you better believe it will obliterate pretty much anything in it's path. Or maybe some other cosmic thing will come along and wipe out the planet. Heck, maybe even humans will destroy the planet. But I don't think we are THAT suicidal. But then again, we have been destroying not only each other, but the planet in general in the name of profit for quite sometime now with no end in sight.

"I do believe that something saved us from ourselves many times."

As far as that statement goes, it is true that unexplained things have happened in our history. The Mayans for example pretty much just vanished. Nobody knows where they went and why they left all of their temple and monuments. Plus there are many things we still don't know, like how we built the pyramids with supposed simple copper tools. There are plenty of examples of unexplained things that have happened back in "ancient times." Although I wouldn't exactly believe in some sort of "out of this world" intervention. I believe that history simply repeats itself, and humans have yet to learn from it. I'm sure the ancients were more sophisticated than we think, but the knowledge just got lost over time. Only to be rediscovered again in the future.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Couldn't He just come take out the bad guys? And leave the rest of us, who DO value life? I'd really, really like that to happen.

Supposedly, "He" could do "anything." But, there's no "He" to come and do it - God is not a person.

@gadfire:

LOL WOW!! How the heck did you do that?? With 3 stars each?!!!
Impressive.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

colbe.

sigh.

Tell me, dear heart, is "endtimesdaily.com" your MAIN news page? Do you EVER read lighter material? It must be a heavy burden indeed to awaken every day knowing you will find more "endtimes news" on a daily basis.

Seriously, when do you EVER just relax and enjoy the ride?? You might try it someday. Because, if it IS coming, we can't do anything to stop it. Fretting and worrying are energy wasters (and bad for your health. Fact).

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
@gadfire:

LOL WOW!! How the heck did you do that?? With 3 stars each?!!!
Impressive.

Guess thats one way to get stars lol

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

FlyersFan
I wonder how his book sales are doing?
Oh .. and if you like what you read, ya'll can donate to his foundation.
$$$ involved. No surprise there, eh ??

Reading his stuff is like reading Edgar Cayce crossed with a street psychic.
Lots of 'cold reading' stuff ... generalized common sense things with no dates attached.
Example - 'New York may be hit with a terrorist attack' ..... well, DUH!
Anyone over the age of 10 could tell you that.
And all the new agey Edgar Cayce stuff gets mixed in ...
The Akashic Records ... the 'dark energy' ... the new continent rising out of the ocean ....

Dollars always seem to be involved..everyone has a book to sell you...but they really do love you and wish you to be free.(sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gadfire

Reading his stuff ... it looks like he plagiarized from 'new age' Edgar Cayce and threw in some cold reading type things that fake 'psychics' will do. It's a wild mish-mash ... Atlantis rising kinds of things mixed with supposed messages from St. Michael the Arch Angel as well as a lot of New Age energy chatter.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by gadfire

Reading his stuff ... it looks like he plagiarized from 'new age' Edgar Cayce and threw in some cold reading type things that fake 'psychics' will do. It's a wild mish-mash ... Atlantis rising kinds of things mixed with supposed messages from St. Michael the Arch Angel as well as a lot of New Age energy chatter.

What a hodge podge.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by colbe

colbe.

sigh.

Tell me, dear heart, is "endtimesdaily.com" your MAIN news page? Do you EVER read lighter material? It must be a heavy burden indeed to awaken every day knowing you will find more "endtimes news" on a daily basis.

Seriously, when do you EVER just relax and enjoy the ride?? You might try it someday. Because, if it IS coming, we can't do anything to stop it. Fretting and worrying are energy wasters (and bad for your health. Fact).

Wildtimes, you bring light to this thread. Believing in the "end times" certainly does create fear and worry, therefore negative emotions that will only stifle your mind's peace. Will there be an "end time?" There will be an end to a cycle, and then a beginning of a new one, just like your clock on the wall. Time is only an illusion for the physical universe to function properly. It is a tool to slow down the progression of Karma throughout the universe. In the higher worlds, there is no time. Remember that the Law of Karma is for Universal Balance, keeping the positive and negative energies in sync.

I have discussed this before in my thread and posts. But I want to repeat here that time allows us to contemplate the negative thoughts and actions that we do. And thus, we can change our ways and reverse the course of Karma coming back to us, either in this lifetime or next. Again, remember that Karma is not out there to punish anyone. The Law of Karma is the same as the Law of Balance.

Why am I talking about Karma in a thread about the "end time?" Well, most of the death and destruction you see in the world today is not because of the "end of the world," it is because of the negative Karma that people are producing. It is coming back to balance the world. I did say "most," didn't I? Human Will is the other one. The problem is most of us are not only producing Karma, our actions are also destroying each other, mentally, spiritually, and physically. Our minds are the reflection of the physical world that you see. The negative picture that we draw with our minds will always project a world of evil or energy veil (negative polarity). Do you understand? If a million people produce positive actions, you will see a positive reaction on Earth, thereby a world similar to Heaven on Earth. Don't spread fear-based messages, spread Peace and Harmony, therefore the Pure Light of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The end is near to us all..that I can attest too..were all gonna die at some point..

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

The negative picture that we draw with our minds will always project a world of evil or energy veil (negative polarity). Do you understand? If a million people produce positive actions, you will see a positive reaction on Earth, thereby a world similar to Heaven on Earth. Don't spread fear-based messages, spread Peace and Harmony, therefore the Pure Light of God.

Yes. That....

Have you read The Physics of Consciousness by Evan Harris Walker?

I have come - at this point - to where I think perhaps Jesus, the man, actually WAS 'revived' (like the people who've been in morgue lockers for DAYS and then revive).....so, the 'resurrection' story is only an example of what we're discovering today with NDEs. Okay; he came back. Other humans have done the same. Even after three days.

Does that make him the "only Son of God"? Well, no, it doesn't. Especially now that we have EVIDENCE that what happened to HIS corpse has happened to OTHERS, in modern times.

I think the 'Resurrection' story is of an ancient occurrence (which previously I disbelieved outright) that now, in modern knowledge...MAKES SENSE.

(your avatar is the cover of 'The Fifth Gospel', and yes, I own a copy)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

colbe
Hear Me. I Am. I Am Who I Am. I Am the Alpha and the Omega. Open your hearts to Love. Surrender in all confidence. Surrender at once. Give Me permission to transfigure you in love. Do not fear the actions of grace upon your soul. Do not fear My touch. I Am desires to raise you to holiness. I will be gentle with you. I will never violate you in any way. I have GIFTED you with free will. I await your permission to enter within your hearts. Beloved, I Am, the Encourager, knocks at the door of your hearts. Will you now answer My call? Beloved, remain faith filled. Do not doubt Me. Do not think yourselves unworthy of My love. Satan PLANS to deceive you. Accept My love. Accept all tokens of My love for you. I place many on your path in order to draw you back to the fold. Accept all expressions of love as My words to you. I Am, Love commands you to gift others generously with small tokens of your own love. Rejoice in that one day you will know Me, True Love. One day, you will behold My face, and hear My voice calling to you in love. Rejoice for this day nears for many of you. Be strong, My Little Ones. ...

Claiming to speak for God when God has not spoken is a serious affair.God is not a whimpering beggar in fear of "the satan" destroying Gods plans.

The quote below is charlatanism at it's heights.

"I Am, Love COMMANDS you to gift others generously with small tokens of your own love"

..anyone that propagates lies like this is accountable.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes, there are much more to the life of Jesus than most people understand through standard religion. I'm not going into detail in this post, but just know that between the ages of 12 and 30, Jesus was preparing his consciousness to teach Israel the falsehood of their religion. What Jesus taught in Israel is a different gospel altogether. In fact, his true teachings are more similar to Hinduism than Christianity. His journey to the East (in India) was where he made all the preparations. Most importantly, his universal teachings were/are about the Kingdom of Heaven within you, not an outer Kingdom like most religions today teach.

My avatar represents my Oneness with Master Jesus, not the Jesus that most people know, but the Master who has transcended Earth and is in Heaven today.

I have not read the book that you mentioned. But I will certainly look into it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

This is the cover of the one I own (excellent information in it, even though it skips about a bit, the references are all included). Other editions have different covers - I just looked it up on google search, and each 'offering' has a different cover, depending on which source you look at.

This one was on ebay. You wouldn't learn anything "new", probably, but it was reassuring for me to read it.
VERY WELL CREDENTIALED authors.

Meet Professor Dr. Fida Hassnain, the Roza Bal (Tomb of Jesus) expert

Sorry for the derail, colbe. It'll all be okay. Cheer up!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

gadfire
a prophet is 100 percent accurate..these people arent prophets.

gadfire, hi,

Prophecy is a help and a warning. God's warning for Nineveh was taken seriously, the people changed, they repented. The prophecy of destruction did not happen. Mary states in the message to Ned Dougherty (OP), people are ignoring the prophets, we're near the end of God's mercy, she states now comes God's just judgment.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

gadfire

Lingweenie

I think of Fukushima and Israel's nuclear desire to destroy Israel. God brings good out of evil and He intervenes, He will intervene to save us from ourselves.

God knows the past and the future so His warning and help with prophecy.

There is a difference between the "end of time" and the "end of a time" often called the "end times."
Prophecy states Our Lord is NOT coming in His person until the "end of time" at the Final Judgment.
Jesus' soon coming is spiritual, with divine signs and many charisms *divine gifts* given. One divine is
the prophesied Great Warning (Protestants know it as the "awakening) to take place before the anti-Christ and His evil. A Second Pentecost, this time for the entire world, God warns of the anti-Christ and more important, a divine revelation to save souls.

God reveals history in periods of time calling them Days. We're living near the end of the 6th Day, a period of great evil, hopefully we will make it to see the new time, the Millennium, the 7th Day.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

new_here
reply to post by colbe

Couldn't He just come take out the bad guys? And leave the rest of us, who DO value life? I'd really, really like that to happen.

new_here,

Remember the Scripture verse, it rains on the GOOD and the bad. The Great Tribulation will be a purification, some suffering for everyone. Nothing unholy enters Heaven, think of the Great Tribulation as a brief period of Purgatory here.

Believe, trust God that during the worst of the Great Tribulation, God will protect the faithful in places of refuge.

God's way, true, He does "take out the bad guys" (the Great Flood, Sodom). In His mercy though, He is going to give them a special revelation, a gift to convert in our time. A free will choice to find Him or to turn back to Him. Will they make it to this special revelation or be part of God's just judgment beginning?

Our nation is Godless now, we vote into law the gravest of sins. Jesus mercy.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Some of these things Nimrod's mommy/wife says, the "queen of heaven",are interesting.

Hrm, I remember seeing somewhere in the scriptures where the Lord exiled the jews to Babylon for worshipping her. Oh yeah, it's in Jeremiah 7.

You should read that sometimes, it might change your world view.
edit on 7-11-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join