It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Keeps Suspending Account That Invites Users To Show Health Insurance Cancellation Letters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is the repetitive dirty politics that make me want to puke. @mycancellation, is a fairly new twitter account that invites users to post pictures of themselves holding cancellation letters. This account has been shut down 3 times now. And it is not hard to imagine how. What is also conveniently coincidental is that the Obama admin recently admitted to stepping up its Obamacare twitter presence. And I imagine those very people are stamping out anyone that steps on their toes.

The purpose of @mycancellation or mycancellation.com was to allow some of the millions of Americans who are losing their health insurance to post pictures of themselves with their cancellation letters. “Help us show Washington the faces who lost what they liked,” the account asked. “ObamaCare canceled your health insurance. Now, send us your letter,” the tagline for the website advertised.

“looks like disproportionately large # of users, including ones you follow or @replied, have chosen to either block acct or report as spam” — My Cancellation (@MyCancellation) November 3, 2013

Twitter keeps suspending account critical of Obamacare

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
And cue the Streisand effect lol when will they dough balls ever learn. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-11-2013 by GreyGoo because: linky

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Twitter is dumb anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Diabolical
Twitter is dumb anyway.

Agreed it is dumb, but the principle here is one worth fighting for.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

GreyGoo
And cue the Streisand effect lol when will they dough balls ever learn. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-11-2013 by GreyGoo because: linky

I wish I could say you were right. But up until recently these tactics to shut up the opposition have been working. Will the recent momentum continue to hold steam? I guess it depends on how forgiving the loyalists are.
edit on 4-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well we wouldn't want the truth to get out now would we? We must prevent these people from telling the truth in such a way that others may see them and begin to doubt the current regime and it's choices for the populace.

It kind of makes you wonder how far off the phrase "By Any Means Necessary" is from becoming the catch phrase for the current administration. I mean... besides F U....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Dirty politics has taken over Twitter and Facebook, gotta beat them at their game. Needs to be a website(not monitored by the current admins dirty underhand), where people can post, so it can be liked, re-tweeted then.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

dreamingawake
Dirty politics has taken over Twitter and Facebook, gotta beat them at their game. Needs to be a website(not monitored by the current admins dirty underhand), where people can post, so it can be liked, re-tweeted then.

Oh they have a website also. But as any website owner knows, Twitter gets you more exposure. But yes they could use that format.

You know the republicans now have a website out there somewhere for reporting cancellations also.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Its pretty rude of twitter to allow *whomever* to stop the account.

Its just voicing concern and issues about a new system, what are people to do? Just sit there in silence and assume its "being worked on?" Come on.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Biigs

Its just voicing concern and issues about a new system, what are people to do? Just sit there in silence and assume its "being worked on?" Come on.

You know, maybe Twitter should grant temporary immunity to sites being subjected to political sabotage? This would give a powerful message to these childish yet overwhelmingly effective tactics.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

elouina

“looks like disproportionately large # of users, including ones you follow or @replied, have chosen to either block acct or report as spam” — My Cancellation (@MyCancellation) November 3, 2013

So maybe if this "@MyCancellation" account doesn't want to be closed, they should stop spamming the world??

Politics aside, Twitter is allowed to have policies against mass spamming...even if it is political in nature.
edit on 5-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Indigo5

elouina

So maybe if this "@MyCancellation" account doesn't want to be closed, they should stop spamming the world??

Politics aside, Twitter is allowed to have policies against mass spamming...even if it is political in nature.

Wait a minute wait a minute. Would you like a perfect example of the power of an opposing party? Supply your twitter user name, I will make a post here at ATS and announce that we should all report you as a spammer. Adios amigo.

No, lets not really do this, but it would be a perfect example of what has happened here.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Indigo5

elouina

Wait a minute wait a minute. Would you like a perfect example of the power of an opposing party? Supply your twitter user name, I will make a post here at ATS and announce that we should all report you as a spammer. Adios amigo.

No, lets not really do this, but it would be a perfect example of what has happened here.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

elouina

Biigs

You know, maybe Twitter should grant temporary immunity to sites being subjected to political sabotage? This would give a powerful message to these childish yet overwhelmingly effective tactics.

In order for someone to report it as spam, they must receive what is an unsolicited "tweet" for forwarding to spam reporting.

So...again...if they don't want to have their account suspended for spamming everyone, stop spamming everyone.

Unless you are suggesting that this accounts "followers" suddenly got exhausted from the stream of tweets?...which of course is also possible.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Actually, that's not how it works. You don't actually have to be spamming someone to get reported. I work with Facebook and Twitter for my job. I know this isn't how it works. If you don't like a post, all you have to do is to go "more" and choose "report tweet" in the drop down menu. You can do it to any post. I just did it to my friend's post. You could go to your own twitter, and see for yourself, that you can report any post, for any reason you see fit. The same thing happens on Facebook, in case you were interested.

I'm not saying this is or isn't what's happening with this page, but I do find it highly suspicious, that if they weren't really spamming, that they got reported.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Star and flag. Down with censorship!

Thank you Britster1821 for your inside information as I do not use Twitter.

I'm eating a sandwich

Now I'm walking the dog

Now I'm on the toilet

Sorry LOL. Thats what I think about Twitter.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of funny!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Britster1821
reply to post by Indigo5

Actually, that's not how it works. You don't actually have to be spamming someone to get reported. I work with Facebook and Twitter for my job. I know this isn't how it works. If you don't like a post, all you have to do is to go "more" and choose "report tweet" in the drop down menu. You can do it to any post. I just did it to my friend's post. You could go to your own twitter, and see for yourself, that you can report any post, for any reason you see fit. The same thing happens on Facebook, in case you were interested.

I'm not saying this is or isn't what's happening with this page, but I do find it highly suspicious, that if they weren't really spamming, that they got reported.

Please tell me you aren't one of those people that post things like, "My friend Jan made 500.00 a week with little work, msg me for the details" on others posts.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
well well what happened to freedom...freedom of speech,freedom of information...once again another sign that the land of the free is not so free any more..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

"Progressives" have been following that principle for 100 years now.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
well well what happened to freedom...freedom of speech,freedom of information...once again another sign that the land of the free is not so free any more..

Twitter has an owner. An owner has the freedom to do what he/she/they feel with their property. Users don't own twitter, and it's not a part of freedom. If you come in my house saying things I don't like, I kick you out and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join