It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats it all about!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've been sober 13 months now even if I did drink once in April. The only failure is giving up completely. Drink today. Don't drink tomorrow. Walls only make you feel like you need to climb them.

I may drink to celebrate when I've finished my course. Or not. Its up to me and not my addiction.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Fighting the part of you that wants that easy pleasure is hard, I myself know that. I used to smoke a pack a day and I was only eighteen. But I cut back, and instead, I was smoking half a pack. Then only four or five. Then just one or two, and then I just stopped.

It was a hard thing to do, and when I see people smoke, I still get that bit of brain lighting up and craving one, but I try my best to fight it. I've failed before, but tomorrow was a new day, and I didn't kick myself for it.

You're good enough, smart enough, people care about you. You don't have to let drink take control of your life. We're all just passengers on this planet Earth, along for the ride. Every day is a new choice and a new opportunity.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Falling off the wagon, eh? Been there. haven't been drunk since '08. Haven't even shmoked any weed. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I need to try harder and get messed up dammit! I recently got my wife back to smoking cigarettes. She had quit for the last seven years and I talked her right into it. Now, she stands out on the porch huffing and puffing those things. I'm a bad influence. She knew this before she married me.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Now I've heard one sign is drinking alone. I'm glad your here celebrating with friends.
But what is it we're celebrating?
This moment now?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You all are so awesome!!! I got my butt up dumped the drink called a cab and went shopping...just got home made wonderful scallops, asparagus and california slaw with ginger balsalmic...so i had one gulp of vodka...its all good...thank you everyone...you helped me big time...love to ya all...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join