It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye Boo'd In Texas For Saying The Moon Reflects The Sun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation

luciddream

Stormdancer777
reply to post by boymonkey74

People would still fight, there would still be wars, that's the fact.

Yes of course there will be wars. except that there will not be any wars because of religions. aka many people will have similar mindset.

Religion is a big divider.

So the wars would be peaceful?

Interesting.

lmao

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Riffrafter

Actually he has become kinda of a pompous dick in the last few years. I'm not religous, but he goes out of his way to knock religion. You can teach science without knocking religion.

Apparently here he attacked the bible as he was taliing about this.

I liked hI'm as a kid but he's a douche now. I think I liked beakmans world better.

That's a shame. I haven't seen him since I last watched the show with my kids years ago.

When I read the OP all I could think of was the "Science Guy" I used to know.

Based on that, it seemed to me the equivalent of booing Big Bird or Chilly Willy...

Actually, there's probably a contingent of folks here on ATS that would agree with booing Big Bird - and they probably have evidence to back up their opinions. And I'd actually be fine with that - Bill & Big Bird kinda look alike anyway.

But they better not mess with Chilly Willy....

edit on 11/5/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

He wasn't booed.
Btw

boo!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

When you first meet someone in Texas, one of their first questions is "What church do you go to" That question determines your social standing in their eyes.

what a sh*tty thing to say......I know no one in Texas who asks that in one of their first questions or thinks that.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

When you first meet someone in Texas, one of their first questions is "What church do you go to" That question determines your social standing in their eyes.

what a sh*tty thing to say......I know no one in Texas who asks that in one of their first questions or thinks that.

People have to perpetuate the myth, you know. I've never been asked that question once in the years I've been in the south. That I don't go to church at all has never come up, not once.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

coldkidc

If I really wanted to spend the energy to do it I could probably put a label on every single state in this country...but I won't...cause this guy already did:

edit on 5-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

You definitely get a star for posting that vid...

And hats off to ATS....this place turns up some of the best damn stuff on the internet.

(There's a tagline in there somewhere...)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

He wasn't booed.
Btw

boo!

Back at ya!

...and I know that now.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight

Didn't grow up around Idalou, Texas in the 60s, did you?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
uh oh....
edit on 5-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

no. this is also the year 2013. things have changed just a bit. I live in a farm / oilfield town.

edit on 5-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

solongandgoodnight
reply to post by olaru12

no. this is also the year 2013. things have changed just a bit. I live in a farm / oilfield town.

edit on 5-11-2013 by solongandgoodnight because: added

I'm aware of that. All I can base my interpretation of Texas life on is my past experiences.
If you find fault with that...rock on! Like the tele btw...

edit on 5-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

fair enough. and thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Typical ATS thread. Let's bash Christians! I'm sure those handful of people represent the beliefs and intelligence of the over 2 billion Christians on the planet. Barack Obama claims to be a Christian so I guess he's an idiot too.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Duskangels

Perhaps christians should look inward and what they have projected to non religious people or perhaps this is the harvesting time, separating the chaffe from the wheat. Perhaps it is us, who will judge all religions and God will listen and destroy them all.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

You suppose these people got this idea from Glenn Beck, he is about due for another big announcement...its been awhile.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Id have to say this is more likely her being offended by his attack on her religion then her being stupid. Im sure she knew why the moon glows but he was definitely attacking the bible. When discussing religion good general rule is dont! Id say he may not realized he made an attack at religion but he did.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Perhaps christians should look inward and what they have projected to non religious people

Reminded me of this old song. Tough line to toe sometimes but a good message.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Bill Nye reminds me of bill mahr. They're both obtuse, belligerent, imflamotory trolls. If you don't believe me google bill Nye debating Stanton Friedman on ufos.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Some of the stupid comments in this thread are so representative of WHY this country is becoming a bunch of idiots run by a bunch of idiots.

I say this as a Texan (adopted) who believe in free-thought. Dolts don't think this way (moon emits light) because they're from Texas. It's because they're brainwashed

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I might get flamed for this so here it goes (see you in hell, lol):

Lunar eclipses is when god closes his bunghole, lol.
edit on 5-11-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join