It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye Boo'd In Texas For Saying The Moon Reflects The Sun

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

I debunked this thread on pg2.

Only in your mind. I guess you want everyone to "move along don't look here folks you promise there is nothing to see."

It’s funny how you brought up aliens. If the lady walked out saying we believe in aliens she would have been a candidate for the funny farm but when it comes to invisible creatures that are supposed to be all knowing, all powerful, everywhere yet nowhere and wants your soul then somehow that’s OK.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This would be funny if it wasnt so painful.....

Some people only know what their mother told them and no amount of evidence of fact can change what they know - unless their mother says "its true".

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Grimpachi

I debunked this thread on pg2.

Only in your mind. I guess you want everyone to "move along don't look here folks you promise there is nothing to see."

The title of the thread isn't true, no one ever booed.
No one shouted.
No one believes the moon is on fire.

It’s funny how you brought up aliens. If the lady walked out saying we believe in aliens she would have been a candidate for the funny farm but when it comes to invisible creatures that are supposed to be all knowing, all powerful, everywhere yet nowhere and wants your soul then somehow that’s OK.

I brought up aliens because if this was a story about aliens the facts are so misrepresented it would be tossed out.
This is where your just flat out wrong. You may think the belief in an invisible God is crazy but billions if people worldwide have this belief.
Believing in Aliens isn't crazy, believing that aliens are visiting earth is crazy. Everything we know about science and the way the universe works says its not possible for intelligent life as we know it to travel the vast distances of space between us.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Where did you get the idea anyone thought/said the moon was on fire?

moon does not emit light

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The article is implying Christians disagree that the moon doesn't reflect the light of the sun, that is implying that somehow that they believe the moon is a miniature sun.

Do you not see how much common sense you have disregard to buy into this propaganda?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Maybe you should stop trying to figure what it may be implying and just take it for what it is. When you start adding your own interpretation to others words your argument is weakened.

In other words you are the one implying moonlight = fire in this thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

How exactly does anything emit its on light in space? The only things that do that are stars which are giant balls of burning gas.
Sorry that you feel I was wrong for not taking the word of an Atheist blogger, and buying into a bogus story.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Word of atheist blogger.... Lol ….that’s a pretty weak argument. Go to page two.....you know where you claim you debunked the thread then look a few post after yours and the OP provides 3 more sources for the story.

BTW in case you haven’t noticed there have been a few posters in this thread who claim the moon does emit light. I know how stars work and the source of light in space and obviously you do. I think your time would be better spent educating your brethren on that than demonstrating a persecution complex.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you bothered to click any of the links specifically the examiner one you would see where the story sourced from and the writer of that article actually interviews the original journalist who wrote the article for the newspaper to which is the very first source and fact checks the original printed article.

Shockingly you find out the atheist blogger and many others embellished the story hugely, but that will never make you upset that the people you want to believe lie to you.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So some people think that the moon has its own light source? Haha....hahahahah.....ahhaaaahhhhahahahhahahahahahaha. WHAT!!?

Ah, stupid people they are like wizard clowns with guns.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What a load of leftist hysteria.

So many cameras in the audience, and yet not one scrap of footage to confirm this atheist fantasy?

The moon reflects light, a reflection can provide a source of light.

No one really believes the moon is an emitter, except the rubes who cling to their guns and Bibles that only live inside a certain variety of pointy heads.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

If you want to get technical, then the Moon does emit its own light. Gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet, infrared. They are all light, just not within the range of human vision.
And if the Sun emits white light, a full visible wavelength spectrum, then why does white sunlight reflected from a browny-red lunar surface look white? I haven't seen a computer graphics program yet where you can get white light reflected from a dull red surface to look white, or silvery white like the Moon.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

GaryN

The surface of the Moon is lit mostly by Earthshine, with some 'airglow' in the Lunar ionosphere, from solar UV exciting a region of the Lunar ionosphere.
Transverse EM waves, the light from Earth, falls of at the inverse square law, but the Moon is still withing that distance, so there is enough light for them to be able to see on the Lunar surface, even though that light is about the same as dusk on Earth. They did the tests that showed they could operate by Earthshine alone, which is like Earth 20 minutes after sunset, any extra brightness from the Sun is from airglow above the Lunar surface, not like light from a big lamp.

wmd:

The light they have on the ISS is mainly reflected from the clouds on Earth. The airglow is also much brighter than it is on the Lunar surface, but again this is from solar UV exciting atoms in the thin ionosphere above the ISS, and not like sunlight on Earth. In many images from Shuttle and ISS, you will notice the lack of well defined shadows, a sign that the light source is very diffuse. Where there are sharp shadows, it is simple to tell that they are from the spotlights on their helmets or on the Canadarm, or some of the other high intensity lighting they have. It's all a show up there.

And you can ridicule all you want, but it is "most of the people fooled most of the time" in this case. Until NASA does some simple experiments, there is no PROOF that the Moon can be seen from orbit, except through that little band of ionosphere they like to show us. Not good enough. The experiments are so simple that the fact they have not been performed should raise alarms, but I guess nobody notices that the emporer has no clothes. Show me the video of the Moon I've been asking for, from the Canadarm video cameras, the simplest, cheapest, quickest test of them all, then you can mock.

Here is an image of the FAR side of the Moon.

Far Side of Moon

Care to explain how the Earthshine lit that or is the SIMPLE explanation that the SUN did it not good enough.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

If you want to get technical, then the Moon does emit its own light. Gamma rays, x-rays, ultraviolet, infrared. They are all light, just not within the range of human vision.
And if the Sun emits white light, a full visible wavelength spectrum, then why does white sunlight reflected from a browny-red lunar surface look white? I haven't seen a computer graphics program yet where you can get white light reflected from a dull red surface to look white, or silvery white like the Moon.

Here are a couple of pictures of the same subject here on good old mother Earth taken within a minute of each other.

Now I will let YOU explain why the pictures are different which is part of the answer to your question above about a white light reflecting from the Moon.

Over to you GaryN

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Where is it from, which mission? The Earth should show some blue, the Moon should be reddish-brown, I suspect the image is of IR or UV 'light', not visible wavelengths.
I don't know what you are getting at with the picture sin the windowsill. Obviously two different exposure settings. Please explain.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

xstealth

I live in a rural area, nothing but Christians around me.

I leave the shed door open all day, leave my truck unlocked, and nothing ever goes missing..ever. As a matter of fact, there has never been a crime here except non-Christians coming into the area.

It's terrible I tell you, living around a bunch of people with high morals and life values. sickening...

Unless you happen to be gay, of course, in which case, you may as well paint a target on your back around these people. If you're a gay atheist, get ready to be assaulted by stupidity and misconception.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

GaryN
reply to post by wmd_2008

Where is it from, which mission? The Earth should show some blue, the Moon should be reddish-brown, I suspect the image is of IR or UV 'light', not visible wavelengths.
I don't know what you are getting at with the picture sin the windowsill. Obviously two different exposure settings. Please explain.

Well done exposure part of the answer to your previous post!

It was a new product I think it was called black & white film not much good for colour DOH!

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join