It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How well would the Egyptian and Mexican large Pyramids withstand a nearby nuclear attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
How well would the Egyptian and Mexican large Pyramids withstand a nearby nuclear attack? Would you survive in the tomb chamber of Egyptian Pyramid if a nuke went off a mile away or so?

Could they survive a direct hit from a modern nuke? Just curious as you hear there may have been nukes back then or at least in India way back when...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey found this if your interested! Only decent link I found for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

More than a mile away then in the egyptian pyramid yes but the mesoamerican pyramid were often built in a cruder fashion of shaped mound with a stone casing course and it all depends on how stable the inner chamber is as the pyramid should survive but the tremors may cause a cave in so I would rather be in the egyptian chamber, as for a direct hit well,.

A ground effect nuclear device is known as a crust cracker and above 5 megaton's well look up nevada test craters on google for your answer as even in the biggest pyramid I think you would likely be killed by the blast which would likely demolish or partially demolish the pyramid.

Modern (in the 1960's and 1970's) Military installations such as the norad facility are built under mountains, then reinforcement is made to both the cavern and the seperate office building/control centre built in the cavern and seperated from the surrounding walls as the shock wave alone can be lethal, this building is also placed on shock absorbing spring's so a during a direct hit you do not want to be there but these will survive one hit or maybe several, the pyramids on the other hand you are relying on the mass of the structure and I think they are simple not large enough or shock resistant enough, most ground effect nuclear devices have reduced impact radius but throw more radioactive materiel into the air and have more epicentre devestation leaving a meteorite like crater but by contrast most anti city attacks would be air bursts a thousand feet or more above the target which use the shock wave and radiation release to destroy a large area but are less radio active in the long run as there fallout is irradiated dust and the remains of the bomb itself.

Somebody has probably performed a computer simulation somewhere but the construction of the great pyramid is not yet thouroughly enough know to be certain how much it would resist.

edit on 4-11-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

good question star for you.you got my brain going,cheers from australia

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Xeven
Hey found this if your interested! Only decent link I found for it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Amusing thread, when I was a kid I dreampt (in the early 1980's) there was a crashed spaceship buried in one and that was why they were that shape, in the dream I found a way in but the ship was radioactive but not radiation we can detect and there was a control console that looked like a dais with a black cobra like joystick that was electrified as was the entire chamber by a short on impact so touching it was lethal, and the ancient egyptians worshiped it as a god so built the pyramid around it in the same shape as the downed ship, the ship was jet black inside even the walls and shiny with no seats or any other comforts just a plain black room and a black dais with a simple joystick shaped like a black cobra against the far wall. This was a dream not an experience and Stargate the movie had not yet been made so it predates the series as well.
I had seen indiana jones though and the archaeologist in my dream wore a cowboy hat, the wall he entered was an egyptian stone door built up against a breech in the hull with was a dull golden or bronze colour and not shiny. the egyptian gods were survivors and there students whom were elevated by the knowledge they bestowed.
Shows the power of a young boys subconscious.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Too many variables I think, distance from blast, size of bomb, and nobody has done any stress testing on the foundations of the pyramids in question.

My immediate thought is that given they're very large chunks of stone, they'd still be very large chunks of stone afterwards, but I suspect they would partially collapse, so if you were inside a chamber chances were that your exit would cave in.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
How do we build bunkers to protect against nukes. Are they pyramids? There is your answer.

top topics

join