It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The anti-christ and the media's role in promoting him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

new_here
reply to post by waverlyhills

you lost me when you said Star Wars was one of the first films to introduce people to the occult.

True...
The Wizard of Oz
Bedknobs & Broomsticks
Mary Poppins

And for TV:
Bewitched
Dark Shadows

...just to name a few.

I loved them all, btw. Yet, I never wanted to delve into the occult because of them!

Star Wars certainly wasnt the first, but it was one of the first popular mainstream introductions to the occult / witchcraft / sorcery, by far one of the most successful.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

JesuitGarlic
reply to post by akushla99

thats a hell of a lot of editing, compiling, 'fact' checking, re-editing, altering, updating, translating, rewording, resentencing, resequencing etc...and more than enough time to make sure the story is somewhat consistent...this from an almost completely plagiarised 'document'

Wallace calculates some 20,000 New Testament (NT) manuscripts exist, 12 dating second-century and 124 within 300 years of NT composition. [Daniel B. Wallace, "Lost in Transmission: How Badly Did the Scribes Corrupt the New Testament Text," in Revisiting the Corruption of the New Testament, ed. Daniel B. Wallace (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregel Publications, 2011). pp.28-29.]

The external patristic quotations alone are enough to reconstruct almost the entire NT directly, an overwhelming case for Gospel reliability. [There are over one million quotations of the NT by early church fathers in their commentaries and letters. Ibid. p.28; Bart D. Ehrman, and Metzger, Bruce M., The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration, 4th ed. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2005). p.126]

Relative to the next best attested writing from antiquity, Homer's Iliad, with 2200 extant manuscripts, its prolificacy, an order of magnitude less than the NT manuscripts, yet its reliability is considered 95% certain. [Wallace, "Lost in Transmission: How Badly Did the Scribes Corrupt the New Testament Text."p.30 footnotes; Patrick Gerald Lake, "Plato's Homeric Dialogue: Homeric Quotation, Paraphrase, and Allusion in the "Republic"" (Dissertation, Fordham University, 2011). p.11]

Bart Ehrman however cites the 300,000-400,000 manuscripts text variations charging the NT message equivalent of that at the end of a 'telephone game'. [Daniel B. Wallace, "Lost in Transmission: How Badly Did the Scribes Corrupt the New Testament Text," in Revisiting the Corruption of the New Testament, pp.31, 40.]

Wallace makes clear this misrepresentation, explaining the real significance of variants, "not one variant covers major doctrinal issues" nor "change[s] any cardinal belief of Christians". [Ibid. pp.40-43. The majority are spelling errors or scribal fatigue, next most numerous are synonym use, providing same meaning from translation, a low variant proportion arises from the inflected nature of Greek language where translation sometimes result in slight differences in sentence emphasis but essential meaning remains preserved, finally, least numerous are those impacting text meaning accounting for less than 1% of all variant types; J. Ed Komoszewski, Sawyer, M. James, and Wallace, Daniel B., Reinventing Jesus (Grand Rapids, MI: Kregal Publications, 2006). p.215]

Kenyon's synopsis, "the true meaning of every doubtful passage" is "practically certain", "this can be said of no other ancient book in the world". [ Frederic Kenyon was Director of the British Museum and a leading ancient manuscript authority; Frederic G. Kenyon, Our Bible and the Ancient Manuscripts, 4th ed. (New York: Harper, 1958). p.55]

So is your opinion implying the Bible is unreliable of any worth....nope

over 1500 years did anyone tell a lie...feel confident about that?

Considering that there is empirical evidence for Jesus still existing, performing miracles, and having authority above the latest Satanic guise of the alien abduction phenomena, I would say the essence of His character is perfectly intact as well as the promise of eternal life.

I would recommend you read Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts and Ali en Intrusion
hundreds of first hand testimonies of Jesus stopping the phenomena of alien abductions part way through. CE4 research witness accounts

There seems to be a smell of conflict of interest in your sources...

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

You might like to check out these vids by Veith

The New Age Agenda

UN and the Occult Agenda

or '211 - The Secret Behind Secret Societies' and '212 - Hidden Agendas'
scientific deceiptions info page
spiritual deceiptions info

Have you ever come across Constance Cumbey some of here books or Gary Kah. They have utube vids too you can check out but they are some of the most prominent Christian researchers/infiltrators into the New Age Movement. Cumbey, Kah and Veith are all Seventh-day Adventists.

Keith Thompson, who has put out some good utube vids on the NAM has used people like Cumbey as an important source. Like this one.

Aquarius: The Age of Evil

Walter Veith was a Professor in South Africa speaking on anatomy and zoology. He was initially an evolutionary gradualist, then had to become a punctuated equiliberiumilist due to the lack of intermediate fossils. Then on further research critically looking at the evolutionary theory he became a creationists and taught at a secular university for a time from the creationist perspective. His wife's father was high up in the New Age and occult so most of his information on the NAM initially came from there and the rare books passed on to him before he went into his own research.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on some of these vids as you seem to have a research interest in exactly the same things I have whether it is warning against the government buildup preparing for war against Christians, end time prophecy, new age agenda, illuminati, creation science and the evolution agenda.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

There seems to be a smell of conflict of interest in your sources

The only conflict that arises is how Bart Erhman presents himself in serious academic journals vs his books like 'Misquoting Jesus', or 'Jesus Interrupted' which he dishes out for a popular audience and likes to bend the perspective on how reliable the scriptures are because it pays well for people to think that no trust can be put in the Bible.

You maybe interested in these vids.

Considering that Daniel Wallace and Bart Erhman are the foremost NT textual critics in the world then it makes sense to include both of them in the argument. The reference I make from Metzger and Erhman harms your argument severely, not to mention of the ability to see the variance in the Bible of now to the past through the Dead Sea Scrolls. Your argument about text reliability doesn't exist.

Where did you develop your perspective that the Bible was unreliable? Because if it was from Ehrman's popular level books then your getting a massaged viewed.
edit on 7-11-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

JesuitGarlic

There seems to be a smell of conflict of interest in your sources

The only conflict that arises is how Bart Erhman presents himself in serious academic journals vs his books like 'Misquoting Jesus', or 'Jesus Interrupted' which he dishes out for a popular audience and likes to bend the perspective on how reliable the scriptures are because it pays well for people to think that no trust can be put in the Bible.

You maybe interested in these vids.

Considering that Daniel Wallace and Bart Erhman are the foremost NT textual critics in the world then it makes sense to include both of them in the argument. The reference I make from Metzger and Erhman harms your argument severely, not to mention of the ability to see the variance in the Bible of now to the past through the Dead Sea Scrolls. Your argument about text reliability doesn't exist.

Where did you develop your perspective that the Bible was unreliable? Because if it was from Ehrman's popular level books then your getting a massage viewed.

There's no argument, as far as I'm concerned...

Assuming I think everything in the bible is 'unreliable' would be a mistake...but my reading over 50 years has covered more than one book...that's just the reading...you wanted to dazzle me with christian science...not interested...what interests me more is the 'meat' of these questions.

The original question I posited relates directly to the functions of mind and what can be 'created'...promotion...information (or inform, as you put it in the first reply) would need you to be the paradigmatic fount of that information beyond question...I'm saying, you're not...then, if you are disseminating/informing/promoting an idea that is erroneous (because, at its base, thinking is a generative function) you, or anyone (and the example I gave was generations and generations...up to, and including the OP question) harbouring the erroneous ideaform will create it (in this case, already created by GENERATIONS and GENERATIONS...so, effectively tempered into form)...so...I went to hell and saw the devil...real, or not?

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I am a little confused by what your concern is. It appears that your saying that the idea of Satan (or an antichrist) is false while not providing evidence to support this. Then you are concerned that people who do believe in such things as going to create the situation merely with their thoughts??? So thinking about such things becomes harmful to themselves and others???

help me out here...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

JesuitGarlic

I am a little confused by what your concern is. It appears that your saying that the idea of Satan (or an antichrist) is false while not providing evidence to support this. Then you are concerned that people who do believe in such things as going to create the situation merely with their thoughts??? So thinking about such things becomes harmful to themselves and others???

help me out here...

You nailed it.
Stuff doesn't just spontaneously happen. Hell worlds don't magically appear from thin air (or aether, if you prefer)...and the denizens do not somehow *pop* into existence...remember, God really did create everything, which includes the conditions and mechanisms within an image to accomplish said creation/s...we do it, we've been doing it for generations and generations...Louie Cipher might as well be sitting, staring into a campfire listening to ghost stories, not knowing whether to laugh or cry, or what the stories mean...effectively was lobotomised...we're living with the memory of a bad favorite angel that was 'reassigned' long ago...the anti-christ story is a cargo-cult memory (as if it were real and immediate)...but the conditions and the machinery necessary to 'create' is still 'up & running'...nothing could be accomplished without it...the downside is the ability to create hellworlds (that ARE real, and need to be dealt with) and denizens (that ARE real, and need to be dealt with)...whether you want to call them bad aliens that probe your fundament, or demons or djinns...they come in different forms that reflect the times they are created in (or have become concretised in those hellworlds as horned and hoofed goats, or whatever, from the accumulated thought...mmm...NRG).

Hence, and back to the OP...what is man's role in the promotion of this disaster movie, with its archvillain? What is yours?

The reason demons and alien fundament busters run when you confront them with a power that comes from you - is because you threaten thier borrowed, vicarious existence, or indeed banish it...you gotta r e a l l y believe it though, and have the faith that you're correct...if that means using Jesus' name...it will work, he did it! And you'd only ever do that if you believed in jesus (if you used his name)...but it's only really the faith in your ownership of creation/banishment that dissolves the energy you gave them to begin with to exist, that disappears them...

Everything is running as it should be...but there is a downside...that if you'd really 'read' the bible, you would understand that the saving feature of the christ figure is to act, not think...because it's the thinking that spirals out of control and creates the mess we're in...love one another as I have loved you...while you're busy DOING that, you shouldn't have any idle time to grind the gears of a mechanism that you can't hold in your hand...your thought...

Blessings

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I agree

Satan, demons etc are all weak persons excuses for their own failings.
If people accepted that we can be nasty buggers and blamed ourselves for it instead of blaming a construct which is a lie the human race would be better off.
Humanity FTW!!!
edit on 7-11-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Satan, demons etc are all weak persons excuses for their own failings.
If people accepted that we can be nasty buggers and blamed ourselves for it instead of blaming a construct which is a lie the human race would be better off.
Humanity FTW!!!

That's what I said!

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I know I am agreeing with you
hence the star

Oh and check your PM.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

boymonkey74

I know I am agreeing with you
hence the star

Oh and check your PM.

Ohhh...you gave me a star...

Å99

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Stuff doesn't just spontaneously happen.

I am interested in your perspective to learn what you think are right actions.

I want to run a historical scenario by you that has many parallels to the topic of this thread, whether you are aware of them or not.

I want you to think of yourself as a German citizen during the 1930's up to the end of WW2. What role would you see yourself taking during this time and why? How would your role change if at all if you were living in one of the allied countries or Croatia? You have the benefit of hindsight to your advantage but not the ability to merely assassinate Hitler.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

JesuitGarlic

Stuff doesn't just spontaneously happen.

I am interested in your perspective to learn what you think are right actions.

I want to run a historical scenario by you that has many parallels to the topic of this thread, whether you are aware of them or not.

I want you to think of yourself as a German citizen during the 1930's up to the end of WW2. What role would you see yourself taking during this time and why? How would your role change if at all if you were living in one of the allied countries or Croatia? You have the benefit of hindsight to your advantage but not the ability to merely assassinate Hitler.

'Actions' follow thought...the material follows the immaterial...read Genesis. We are made as an image...what does this mean?

And what does it mean in the context of the OP?

Å99

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

JesuitGarlic

You might like to check out these vids by Veith

The New Age Agenda

UN and the Occult Agenda

or '211 - The Secret Behind Secret Societies' and '212 - Hidden Agendas'
scientific deceiptions info page
spiritual deceiptions info

Have you ever come across Constance Cumbey some of here books or Gary Kah. They have utube vids too you can check out but they are some of the most prominent Christian researchers/infiltrators into the New Age Movement. Cumbey, Kah and Veith are all Seventh-day Adventists.

Keith Thompson, who has put out some good utube vids on the NAM has used people like Cumbey as an important source. Like this one.

Aquarius: The Age of Evil

Walter Veith was a Professor in South Africa speaking on anatomy and zoology. He was initially an evolutionary gradualist, then had to become a punctuated equiliberiumilist due to the lack of intermediate fossils. Then on further research critically looking at the evolutionary theory he became a creationists and taught at a secular university for a time from the creationist perspective. His wife's father was high up in the New Age and occult so most of his information on the NAM initially came from there and the rare books passed on to him before he went into his own research.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts on some of these vids as you seem to have a research interest in exactly the same things I have whether it is warning against the government buildup preparing for war against Christians, end time prophecy, new age agenda, illuminati, creation science and the evolution agenda.

I have watched the video 'Aquarius: age of evil' a little while back. What I liked about that video was how well it did at showing just how pervasive New Age thought has become throughout society. The New Age movement is basically a conglomeration of pretty much every pagan false doctrine that have their roots in the old mystery Babylonian religion that is based on the deification of Nimrod, queen Semiramis and Tammuz as "forces" of nature. These are the same religions that also just happens to be the true root of the entire theory of evolution, and evolution is a core doctrine of the New Age movement. As time goes along, you're going to start seeing New Age thought being promoted more often as "scientific" in many different ways.

One way I suspect it may be promoted is through the promotion of what is called "dark matter". You will realize that this is nothing more than another imaginary substance that was conjured solely to prop up the Big Bang "theory" and many in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics have admitted this. It's a prime example of the type of fairy-tales being passed off as "established science". They need dark matter to exist for the big bang to work even though there has been studies showing dark matter to be completely absent, at least in our Milky Way galaxy.

No dark matter found in the Milky Way Galaxy

Has ‘dark matter’ really been proven?

The reason why this interests me in relation to this thread is not because its still being proposed by many 'scientists' as legitimate, but because there are many people that have been comparing the "theory" to the fictional Midichlorians in Star Wars.

Dark matter, apparently, is midichlorians

Yet again, we see entertainment media, science fiction, being included into the discussion of what is called "established science". Its the reason why I titled this thread "The anti-Christ and the media's role in promoting him", key word in bold. If you think media pieces like Star Wars hasn't had an effect on the public's sub-conscious towards eventually coming to believe in invisible, unsubstantiated non-sense as "scientific", you don't need to look any further than the comments section of the article above alone, not to mention the threads that have been started in the past about this on this website. If the populace isn't as interested in the occult as some claim, then movie franchises like Harry Potter wouldn't have been the box office successes that they were.

We are approaching an era of technology-spirituality that will be a type of mix of genetics/physics and Luciferian new age philosophy, under the banner of spiritual evolution. Many like me, can't see classical neo-Darwinian evolution lasting another decade or two. Like I said before, I'm certain that the "natural intelligence" of molecules will be promoted in order to scoot around the problem of irreducible complexity, since nature itself will be seen as God, mutating itself towards higher forms of intelligence. All of this will give the anti Christ the platform to present himself and his miracles as completely natural, with no supernatural implications to keep the Bible out of the picture which will lead towards the world accepting the mark of the beast as long as its promoted within this framework.

edit on 3-12-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I believe the video series below is relevant enough to the subject of the thread. In my original post, I point out the obvious similarities between the characters we see portrayed in movies and comic books to those described in the Bible. Pastor Mike Hoggard in this series goes much further in comparing "the common underlying theme of superheros from comic books to the super men described in the Bible and what the source of their power was."

The Comic Con Part 1:

The Comic Con Part 2:

The Comic Con Part 3:

The Comic Con Part 4:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Hidden agenda in "The marked ones" (2014) Paranormal Activity movie

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In my previous posts I explained that as time goes along, neo-paganism will be coming to prominence where nature itself is seen as inherently intelligent, intelligently designing itself to more complex life forms over time, in order to scoot around the problem of irreducible complexity. Something you all might want to keep an eye out for is something called "Natural Genetic Engineering" promoted by a few biologists like James Shapiro. The idea is that the cell contains the info or the mechanisms to promote the construction of complex genetic functions and body plans of creatures. Because of this complexity, they basically conclude that the "intelligent designer" or "guiding intelligence" behind sentient life forms is the cell itself, even though they know full well that a cell all by itself has no purpose as it needs DNA to tell it what to do every moment of the day in the first place. So it is still based on a faulty materialistic premise, and would plausibly serve as a bridge to the idea of the universe being inherently intelligent, or as a pagan would say, god is a force of nature.

To James Shapiro's credit, he admits in the link below that he can only explain its mechanical effects, that being gene transfer, symbiogenesis, gene duplication. He can't explain the cause or the mechanical processes that takes this raw data and reshuffles it to adapt to new conditions, or the actual mechanisms that need to exist to account for what he calls "natural genetic engineering".

What Natural Genetic Engineering Does and Does Not Mean

Its primarily the last paragraph in the post that peaked my interests, and further suspicions about characters like James Shapiro where he states that:

"If experiments show that cells can make distinct appropriate NGE responses to different adaptive challenges occurs, we need to figure out how they do so. This almost certainly would prove to be more than a strictly mechanical process. How do cells carry out their computations to make useful goal-oriented responses? A successful answer to that question will certainly involve cybernetics. If such investigations take evolution science into areas that are more than strictly material, so be it. As long as we stay within the realm of natural processes, there are no boundaries on what science can address."

This is also the same type of response James Shapiro gave to creationist William A. Dembski about the origins of this process he terms Natural Genetic Engineering. He stated that "where they come from in the first place is not a question we can realistically answer right now". One would consider such statements to be a bit of an oxymoron. On one hand, he insists on limiting ourselves to "the realm of natural processes," but on the other hand states that these may exceed the limits of the "strictly material. Such statements make no sense in of itself until you realize that it will likely be Dark Matter that will be given as the ultimate cause of this process. As I stated before, the explanation will be similar to Qui Gon Jinn's explanation of "the force" in Star Wars episode 1. They will claim that there is a ghostly cloud of invisible matter, a fundamental particle that binds the cosmos together and resides within all living things down to the cellular level. We will be right back in ancient Greek and Babylon with their Atomist and Epicurean religions, where they also taught that matter, or atoms have inherent designing properties.

I'll replace the terms "the force" and "Midi-Chlorians" with "Dark matter" and you'll get an idea of the type of "scientific" psycho babble we can expect to hear for the origin of everything.

ANAKIN : Master, sir...I've been wondering...what is Dark Matter?

QUI-GON : Dark Matter is a microscopic/sub atomic particle that resides within all living cells and communicates with the cosmos.

ANAKIN : They live inside of me?

QUI-GON : In your cells. We are symbionts with Dark Matter.

ANAKIN : Symbionts?

QUI-GON : Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without Dark Matter, life and the universe itself could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force.

ANAKIN : They do??

QUI-GON : When you learn to quiet your mind, you will hear them speaking to you.

ANAKIN : I don't understand.

QUI-GON : With time and training, Annie...you will.

Yeah, you have to take this "mark" in your right hand or forehead which will completely open you up at the cellular level, allowing you to harness this 'Dark Energy' that resides within you (demons). You'll begin to hear it speaking to you, giving you the power to become immortal like us, knowing the very nature of good and evil, like a god. What we are being prepared for are outright replacements of sound Biblical doctrine. Just like E.T will be the replacement for angels, materialist beliefs in things like dark matter will serve as the replacement for demons, the powers of heaven, and God himself. I'm almost 100% certain that something like this will end up being the "god of forces" the anti-Christ will honor in the temple.

edit on 2-3-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Never seen this show, but thanks for posting that video.

Just like E.T will be the replacement for angels, materialist beliefs in things like dark matter will serve as the replacement for demons, the powers of heaven, and God himself. I'm almost 100% certain that something like this will end up being the "god of forces" the anti-Christ will honor in the temple.

IMHO, You're spot on with the above and that video. You're very astute and paying attention. Godspeed, Watchmen/women watch!

S & F

edit on 2-3-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

No problem, I'm taking all the research I've discussed and the research I've done since and making a simple YouTube video of it. I plan on having this done very soon. Its very difficult to narrate for me, lots of talking. If I manage to get this done at all, it should be no more than thirty minutes long. This has to be done as soon as possible because there may be a big deception coming soon concerning the highly suspect Hadron Collider, perhaps by the end of this year or sometime next year. The video below by Pastor Mike Hoggard gives a good idea of what I'm talking about. He explains that its witchcraft pawned off as a scientific experiment. Satan may be getting ready to reveal himself, not as Satan of course, but as the key to the origin of life.

The Fourth Kingdom - Cern and the Bible:

You also might want to check out a three hour video recently released called Age Of Deceit 2. They also discuss the direction that "science" is headed towards in a way that is similar to what I've discussed. It has been removed from YouTube but you can find it in the link below of which you unfortunately will have to pay for. Its quite evident that they really don't want this type of information getting out there.

Link: www.facelikethesun.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

Thanks for the links and video.

I will watch them soon.

but as the key to the origin of life.

Yes, this is Satan's Modus Operandi, he always wishes to be worshipped as The Most High.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join