It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fun Little Poll: Would We Nuke "Them" From Orbit to be Sure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Dianec
It sounds like a mirror image of us - so we might be nuking ourselves. I vote for - understand how the wormhole works before making any decisions.

99% of the world's leaders are men
Take that into account.

So add testosterone to big ego - would probably be weighing heavily on nuking.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would rather die out of natural curiosity with open arms and dignity intact. To shoot and ask questions later knowing I may have acted out of fear, I couldn't live with myself.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We would most likely attempt to sell them government bonds and/or narcotics.

Nuking would come after wealth extraction.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
This is a thought experiment poll about the psychology of aliens. Two sets of aliens actually, us and "them:.

Let's say that a bidirectional, stable wormhole suddenly appeared a safe distance outside of the moon's orbit. The other end led to an earth like world at roughly our level of technology. In fact they were like us psychologically too - destructive, plundering, mostly heartless and mentally unstable top predators with delusions of grandeur (as some would say anyway) - and these aliens were on the verge of spreading to the stars in a hundred years.

Would we just preemptively nuke them from orbit, or would we give them a chance?

I vote that humanity would nuke them, before our solar system left easy range of the static singularity.

I'm not saying this would be right or wrong, but that the governments of the world, overall would consider this prudent.

Perhaps a regular cleansing process of dangerous species such as ours happens every so often in our galaxy; maybe other "insane races" come here to hide with us as our termination timer hasn't run out yet?

No I don't hate humans I love them but I'm a realist; not in denial.

Thoughts?

KPB

So, we discover an alien race like ourselves and you want to nuke them? Apart from that being a typical american action, do you think that it would look good with the rest of the alien races?
If they are like us they are also loving, caring, courageous, spirited and friendly.
Yeah lets do a pre-emptive strike on their ass, just in case. Just in case they think like an american...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Sad that so many here have so little faith in the greed of humanity. If we nuke it, we can't use it.

Isn't that what most of the big corporatists would be saying?

No time to exploit; either nuke them or sail out of range...

Yes...sad.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

justwokeup
We would most likely attempt to sell them government bonds and/or narcotics.

Nuking would come after wealth extraction.

You get a gold star

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I personally would die to save them.

This wasn't about me or even strictly about America. I say that multiple nations would preemptively attack them.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Ok then, i'll reduce that to a typical american viewpoint.
There is no way the governments of the world would vote to nuke them, no matter how much america wanted to. The people of the world would'nt allow it. The rest of the world are not war mongerer's like america. Just recently america wanted to bomb iran and north korea with pre emptive strikes. Well russia used a more powerful weapon-words. Dialogue.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Perhaps your thought exercise should include the at least 50 % probability that they would nuke us first. After all we are similar in all ways are we not? In answer to your question, let me suggest that the occasion would be so mind blowingly new to us (and them) that we (and they) would lose our (their) shackles of domination/self-defence in the sheer wonder of it all.
It would seem that what you are REALLY suggesting is a fear factor "why would aliens not destroy us on sight" exercise.

If that is the case then, not being one to get caught up in the whole "we are not worth it, we deserve to die" attitude that currently pervades the media, I think we deserve to be allowed to progress.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonjonj

You get a gold star.

I want us to survive...I may or may not get my way.

I cry for the beautiful plants and animals who couldnt evolve around our cruelty though

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

Ok then, i'll reduce that to a typical american viewpoint.
There is no way the governments of the world would vote to nuke them, no matter how much america wanted to. The people of the world would'nt allow it. The rest of the world are not war mongerer's like america. Just recently america wanted to bomb iran and north korea with pre emptive strikes. Well russia used a more powerful weapon-words. Dialogue.

Russia has economic interests involved. They are not saints either.

I'd wager that there are multiple countries who would nuke america if they could.

Cruelty and short-sightedness are universal tendencies not strictly American ones.

This thread is not about America.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am fairly certain that humanity isn't stopping nature from evolving, we simply don't have the power. Now if you were to say that nature could stop us!!! That is obvious.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Jonjonj

I am fairly certain that humanity isn't stopping nature from evolving, we simply don't have the power. Now if you were to say that nature could stop us!!! That is obvious.

We've driven many species to extinction.
That was my point. They weren't adaptive enough and couldn't convince us to spare them or kill us first.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The governments of both worlds would find a way to communicate and collaborate to enslave all 'kinds' so when they merge with the capability to join/travel to eachothers worlds, they have everyone enslaved.
edit on 4-11-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

libertytoall
The governments of both worlds would find a way to communicate and collaborate to enslave all 'kinds' so when they merge with the capability to join/travel to eachothers worlds, they have everyone enslaved.
edit on 4-11-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

Are you certain who is enslaving whom?
Are you certain what the enslaving mechanisms are?
I hate to be off topic on my own post... maybe you
can explain your view on my questions in a new
post, and we can discus it?

However in terms of this post, are you thinking that 'evil mind controlling assholes'
are part of some union or something, and can even collaborate over the light years?
Just askin'

KPB

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
nuke their a@@, and take the gas!

it's the only way to be sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
In fact they were like us psychologically too - destructive, plundering, mostly heartless and mentally unstable top predators with delusions of grandeur (as some would say anyway)

Ive not really met person like that, thing is people can be like that, but a people are not a person, but persons make a people.

If you catch my drift. Also dont forget that a very active minority shouldnt be used to categorize the majority, ie leaders or those in power who through their actions (which most of the rest of us cant or simply dont do, or cant stop) paint a very skewed picture of a people/race/species. Heck as we all know bad news sells papers on earth, so alot of what someone would perceive of us would be pretty out of whack in terms of the actual reality.

If anything, I think the majority of humanity is actually the opposite of these hypothetical 'looking in the mirror" aliens of yours... its just the minority that have the reins are the opposite of the rest of us.

So no I wouldnt nuke em from orbit, id send down some recons, maybe abduct a few and have a chat to see what the 'real' alien from this world was like... and if that proved to show they could be freed or redeemed by pushing the common man along to a new path in the background then so be it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Love your kitty. Show me someone who loves kitties
and you have identified someone I also love!
(its as good an excuse as any.. but I do love kitties)

The problem is that most people are followers without
good forward-looking & thinking skills. Also a lot of
followers are dirt poor and suffering.

So a sizeable percentage of humans might be 'good'..
but ineffective... thus humans as a WHOLE, as a
TEAM, are pretty horrible.. not so much due to
action.. but due to inaction...

I see SO MUCH GOOD in people, almost everywhere..
yet we can't get off this crazy train.. due to the
reasons I just detailed.

KPB

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

KellyPrettyBear
This is a thought experiment poll about the psychology of aliens. Two sets of aliens actually, us and "them:.

Let's say that a bidirectional, stable wormhole suddenly appeared a safe distance outside of the moon's orbit. The other end led to an earth like world at roughly our level of technology. In fact they were like us psychologically too - destructive, plundering, mostly heartless and mentally unstable top predators with delusions of grandeur (as some would say anyway) - and these aliens were on the verge of spreading to the stars in a hundred years.

It is actually the work of one man and his AI army. Just imagine one mobile phone coming out of the wormhole with a homebrew headless slackware OS running 20 virtualboxes with a modified version of RunUO and all the NPC's would give instructions and within a day all of the people of Earth would be taken over, the next day around the middle the afterlife would be breached and by night the last spirit loyal to Earth would fall and turn evil. Which is the end of simulation #47182757...?

Would we just preemptively nuke them from orbit, or would we give them a chance?

The best simulation would be lasertag, all weapons should be changed. That is the only way to vent the realization that one bad alien male has been beaten.

For now humanity on Earth cannot give alien life a chance, it might take another 100 years before the first male is ready to defend themselves against alien souls. We are lucky ones yet we figured it all out ourselves.

I vote that humanity would nuke them, before our solar system left easy range of the static singularity.

A nuke in lasertag would be a satellite in space with an army grade laser with another satellite launching the target much like ground based clay pigeon shooting. Over decades people will play lasertag everywhere and all countries would compete with eachother. Then after countless of drills others would have progressed in technology to build a time machine and create a portal to send drones to recover resources from other planets leading up to colonies, which is the best way to go for humanity. It can be like going out of body to another planet and using the other planets gravity with psychic techniques to construct robots which will then mine and construct new robots. Which at best could be 50 years from now, after the majority of people have learned and are playing lasertag together, with fake blood and acting, playing dead and everything. It would need at least several years to even begin thinking of building advanced lasertag schools and more years to incorporate them into the public schooling system.

I'm not saying this would be right or wrong, but that the governments of the world, overall would consider this prudent.

Perhaps a regular cleansing process of dangerous species such as ours happens every so often in our galaxy; maybe other "insane races" come here to hide with us as our termination timer hasn't run out yet?

No I don't hate humans I love them but I'm a realist; not in denial.

Thoughts?

I would turn my thoughts to the afterlife and realize that from the beginning of time, an alien has been trying to set us up to become his perfect body forever. There's no more playing the game of blame, since it is now known that all this while an alien wanted to take the seat of an earth soul or make one soul into his body and against all rules he almost outwitted all other alien civilizations with his illusions. Nuclear weapons are one of his weapons he transmitted to us and it took many spirits many decades to catch up with the inventors soul so that the nuke could never be used against humanity itself. Unfortunately it also means no American spirit can ever threaten with nukes ever or his or her soul has to be moved to a hell in the afterlife. In these times the American males must become peaceful and learn how to abandon their desire to dominate the world, since this desire is actually from an alien soul. And because humans don't have a space ship to go to other planets, it can never be certain who of us is acting out of the spirit of peace or the echoes of this alien male.

KPB

Don't forget to always check reality and the opinions of others. There are no material aliens on this planet nor anywhere in the vicinity, there are none coming to our planet ever, once humanity is ready we will explore the universe but not meet intelligent life for centuries when we are ready to defend ourselves or learn how to cope with new ideas about our common past. There are only Earth based spirits here.
edit on 5/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Doesnt have to be nukes, they are quite dirty. High velocity kenetic energy projectiles [rods from god] have the same power, noradiation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join