It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you really prepared for long term survival?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
Are you suggesting the option of suicide being apart of a survival kit?

Well, I'm sure every prepper has a knife and some kind of rope, so the option is always there.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
A horse drawn plough, it can be drawn (pulled) by almost any 4 legged animal, or multiples of the two legged type.
Plus a seed machine, unless you want to scatter the seed by hand, seed being wheat, rye, corn, etc. digging using a spade is more tiring than using a plough, someone else does the work!
An acre is judged to provide enough food for one year for 5 people, an acre being 220 yards by 220 yards (a square)
Two horses can plough one acre in one day with a single shire plough. Oxen were once used for ploughing, but I don't know the figures for oxen.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tw0330

The major problems with long term survival planning is Expiry date of some if not many of stored supplies. One can regularly updates it, but how many times should you update is the question?

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Disease is my biggest fear.... I know I don't have the money/knowledge to survive that.

As far as power plants, you can pull up maps online along with prevailing wiND overlays to get an idea.

Also once upon a time you could get that information from your county seat as well in the states.

But asking now a days will probably get you a visit from the fed.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SirMike

Yes and first and foremost if a person doesn't feel they could grab a pack, a 22 rifle and head out the back door and survive then they are going to have problems. Most of the situations talked about on this thread are really more traditional living without modern technology support. That may be communal and maybe not but it is stationary and represents only the loss of certain things like electric, gasoline, supermarkets ect.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yup lots of folks forget the mental aspects of survival, I've got some simple games in my pack. Plus my dog are figured into my survival plan.. Partly because they are hunting dogs.. Partly when late at night and the depression is threatening the normalcy of a dog will help.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dogs make great alarm systems too, and will key in on danger well before a sleeping human.
My dogs seem to even know the ways we walk, etc. If they smell/hear anyone different after bedtime, they go nuts. (typically happens when one of the kids comes back from a date fairly late, etc., with said date).

They have to go in first and chain the big dog up. The others are just noisemakers (chihuahuas)....but still great alarms.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Normallysane
a reply to: tw0330

The major problems with long term survival planning is Expiry date of some if not many of stored supplies. One can regularly updates it, but how many times should you update is the question?

the answer is "rotate, rotate, rotate" use older stored supplies first, replace with new stores. keep doing this whilst everything is normal, you then will have supplies to last you once SHTF, how long it lasts depends on how much you have stored i.e. quantities.

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great thread!

I just want to add,that the most essential 'thing' that one could have in their SHTF arsenal,is a strong positive mind! And of coarse as others have said-knowledge will take you further than 'things'.

I have thought before to replenish the local forests with plants/berries/herbs,you get the drift? I would do this now,with the expectation of these plants to establish and get spread further around the countryside by birds (nature) this would give you back up and/or fall back if you were 'on the road' and would expand and enhance your food territory!

All you really need though is a knife,water purification device,flint sparked a bow and the rest your knowledge can sustain-kind of Bear Grylls esque.

Of coarse I also strongly recommend storing supplies! But what we will be facing is all of the scenarios playing out at once..let's say there will be an EQ? And all your stuff gets buried in rubble?-then what?EMP would fry your solar panels then what? Volcanic ash could taint the ground water,with lead maybe even a well?-then what?

As others have said..you will need to forage and hunt while your seeds are either growing or conditions become fertile.You may want to learn snaring (a silent fallback that needs no management) You may need to track your prey,their habits,migration paths--fishing is not always consistent! You will need to know where the fish will be,as they follow the currents and food-if you have an unfavorable wind direction? What level in the water will they be at depending on climatic conditions/seasons? Where will they be then? And on large bodies of water this can be very tricky even for experienced fishermen.

Maybe eat bugs? Fungi will survive in many unfavourable conditions..try catching birds-even egg snatching? A method of catching waterfowl I accidentally come by,would work well I imagine? use a fishing rod with floating bait (bread) on the surface.

We also don't need medicine if we are familiar with natures pharmacy.

The list goes on i'd better stop there or I'll end up writing a book lol.

BTW we will be experiencing global EQs,no water electric,sanitation,meteorites,sinkholes,
Tsunamis,EMPS due to cosmic particles from PX (this is why planes are crashing now) there will be no food deliveries,power stations will leak,volcanoes,fault lines opening by miles,countries sinking into the sea (e.g. like Indonesia will at poleshift) you name it-all these will occur in the next few years starting with the big EQ by the end of May as we are in alignment with the Sun and Planet X-yes Planet X will bring about all the aforementioned scenarios!

Stay well buddies..we will do this!!

Check out this short video on EQ patterns,this Guy is onto it and His predictions and analysis speak for themselves.
m.youtube.com...

edit on 29-4-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join