It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I recieved 90-day notice to find another insurance company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

FissionSurplus

damwel
Go read it again. If they cancelled your plan it sucked and you were getting screwed. Check the new coverage and rates you can get. Btw cobra is not an insurance company and Aetna has plans under the ACA.

Have you looked into this at all or is your rant just a knee jerk reaction caused by the right wing media?

You know what causes me to have a "knee jerk reaction"? When a poster tries to turn a thread into a right wing / left wing argument. All sides are getting screwed by this. If you think you're not, then bully for you. But don't spin that turd here. Very few people are benefitting from this new "Affordable" Care Act.

I'm not getting "screwed" at all. And By spin I guess you mean like Fox News does. The only benefit I get from ACA is seeing poor people be able to get insurance for their kids. We will see how this turns out, won't we? I can wait and see because I don't have a house built on spin, misinformation, deception and lies. As far as left-right goes, I remember what the last republican administration did to this country's economy and reputation. They are against anything that doesn't benefit the rich or corporate. Take money from people on food stamps and give it to the Koch brothers. I seriously doubt you are rich enough to be a republican. Enjoy your turds.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I'm a nerd and I like to fact check.

if you make under $50k (73% of income earners in the US) you will receive a net subsidy

The 73% percentile part from the U.S. Census Bureau via Wikipedia

The actual amount to qualify is under 400% of the federal poverty level which is $45,960 for an individual or $94,200 for a family of four. The subsidy is in the form of an advanced payable tax credit, the Premium Tax Credit:

The Affordable Care Act provides a new tax credit to help you afford health coverage purchased through the Marketplace. Advance payments of the tax credit can be used right away to lower your monthly premium costs. If you qualify, you may choose how much advance credit payments to apply to your premiums each month, up to a maximum amount. If the amount of advance credit payments you get for the year is less than the tax credit you're due, you’ll get the difference as a refundable credit when you file your federal income tax return. If your advance payments for the year are more than the amount of your credit, you must repay the excess advance payments with your tax return.

healthcare.gov
NPR article

Here's the Kaiser subsidy calculator

I'm giving it a "mostly true."

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

I'm required to have the school insurance since their dropping me, but after classes end, I will have not have insurance for 4 months T after the 4 months are up (summer semester) I'll be back on insurance the rest of the year.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Diabolical

Which means, I'll have to pay $700 for school insurance, which is totally outrageous.

Are you sure that figure is correct? What school is this! My daughter pays $20 per month for her school insurance through UCLA.

It comes out of my tuition fees automatically. $688 is the real price. It's BC/BS

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

Do you mean that's tacked onto your tuition fees? Is that figure per year, per semester?

Have you checked the market place for a better deal?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That's per semester. My work was cheaper, that's why I went through them and not the school.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If you saw a recent post of mine, there are 2 bills being sponsored to remedy this. One is sponsored by a democrat even, so there is hope. I guess it may all depend on just how evil Obama truly is.

In September of 2010 there was a more extensive bill proposed. But 100% of the Democrats voted against it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
what's crazy about this thing, that if I do it on the website healthcare.gov it's $350 cheaper than the school insurance and it's through the same company. How messed up is that? lol And there won't be a difference because they are going to give you hard time to pay the bill anyway and you'll probably get stuck with it all. So, either way it's a lose / lose relationship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join