It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Campus Emergency' at Central Connecticut State University

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
WFSB Hartford Connecticut

Students are being advised to stay indoors and stay away from windows because of a "campus emergency" Monday afternoon.

"We will communicate when we have more info.This is not a drill," officials tweeted around noon.

A few minutes later, the university tweeted "students please stay inside your buildings until instructed to do otherwise.

Checking for further information

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Everyone is on lockdown.
Person with a gun reported being seen entering a residential hall ....

NY Daily News - Connecticut College on Lockdown

Police tell NBC that a man possibly armed with a gun was reported entering a residential hall at CCSU. That sighting has yet to be confirmed.

CAMPUS EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION TO STUDENTS AND STAFF

I checked the CCSU live cams ... there is one that I know of and it's down.

edit on 11/4/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Woohoo more freaking shooters!!! This world wont be around long at this rate, Good luck to everybody, ill meet you in death.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
CNN
CNN has picked up the story. There are comments in the comment section and one is from a person who is in contact with a person on campus. What is being said on campus ... gunman with hostages. But that's just what the person is saying and we don't have anything on that ....

I'm not seeing it being reported elsewhere .... very quiet.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I hope everyone is okay, and avoids harm.

I wonder why these events keep happening in states with Strict gun laws.

CT ranks up there with Ca.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

benrl

I'm so glad you asked. In my opinion, it is not strict gun laws that prevent violent gun crime. It is those with a criminal and psychotic mentaility that carry out these crimes. You made a very valid point when asking your question. Education and mental health strategies will help with limiting these types of events. I did say limit. They will never cease completely. Like everything else. There will be loopholes and some of them missed.
edit on 11/4/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

GNOarmy

benrl

I'm so glad you asked. In my opinion, it is not strict gun laws that prevent violent gun crime. It is those with a criminal and psychotic mentaility that carry out these crimes. You made a very valid point when asking your question. Education and mental health strategies will help with limiting these types of events. I did say limit. They will never cease completely. Like everything else. There will be loopholes and some of them missed.

edit on 4-11-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

FlyersFan
WFSB Hartford Connecticut

Students are being advised to stay indoors and stay away from windows because of a "campus emergency" Monday afternoon.

"We will communicate when we have more info.This is not a drill," officials tweeted around noon.

A few minutes later, the university tweeted "students please stay inside your buildings until instructed to do otherwise.

Checking for further information

Is Connecticut feeling left out? Since when does law enforcement use twitter to announce a major crime going down? "We will communicate when we have more info.This is not a drill," officials tweeted around noon. THIS IS NOT A DRILL! Sure OK, cower in place until they send a twitter update.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

GNOarmy

benrl

Education and mental health strategies will help with limiting these types of events.

If that's the case ( and I agree it is) then the US is screwed. With the plummeting American education system, propaganda used as educational infobytes and the pathetic shape of our mental health options for those who need it, it looks bad.

Much easier for the left just to do another gun grab. All the while the right will ignore the education and mental health issue.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Its getting harder and harder to be a famous mass shooting sick weirdo.

They should start watching cross bow and sword owners - thats where the next big news article is. but. oh wait it wont get any coverage.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

As you well know, media outlets such as Twitter are a popular and quick means of relaying important information to a large number of people. Most universities will ask students to sign up for "alerts" in an event such as this. I am positive that Twitter isn't the sole carrier of info, just another tool to reach people quickly.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I refuse to watch the news so my opinion probably won't amount to much but...people really need to calm the frawk down...good grief enough already...SIGH...I hope, I wish, I wonder...I pray...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well interesting times Bassago. If you hav'em and are sane, hold on to them tightly because eventually someone will try and take them away.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
From USAToday
Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse

Violent gun crime has dropped dramatically in the past two decades, but the majority of Americans think it's more of a problem now than ever, according to a Pew Research Center study released Tuesday

The rate of non-fatal violent gun crime victimization dropped 75% in the past 20 years; The gun homicide rate dropped 49% in the same period, according to numbers Pew researchers obtained from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story/agenda though...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.wfsb.com...

Live Stream Link to WFSB Hartford CT ....

Masked man in Cami with weapon entered James residence hall.

6 foot tall man in cami carrying a samurai sword and a gun
He had goggles and kneepads on.

Suspect contained.

edit on 11/4/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

benrl

They happen everywhere is the US, and always will, due to their obsession with firearms. People just like to forget that when they happen in the stricter states, and ask that question as bait.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I just heard on the news, 3 suspects in custody.

All clear not yet given.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

iunlimited491
I just heard on the news, 3 suspects in custody.

Lockdown over. Police say one suspect in custody. Eyewitness say three people in custody.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
video.foxnews.com...

Press conference live feed

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This type of news is becoming a daily thing...
So sad

top topics

<<   2 >>

join