It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Police stun father who is trying to save his son during house fire..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
www.connecttristates.com...

Lori Miller, Riley's grandmother, said police stunned Ryan Miller as he tried to get back in the house.

“He tried to get back in the house to get the baby,” Lori Miller said. “They took my son to jail because he tried to save his son.”

Ryan Miller's sister-in-law doesn't think the police handled the situation correctly.

I understand the police trying to stop or save the father's life. It was their judgment call and all the other B.S. that goes along with this type of case...

However the judgment of the father was to go into the house and at least try and save his son instead of playing pocket pool as everyone else was doing as the house burned with his son..

I was not there so I honestly do not know whose judgment was correct. I think I would have sent the wife out and while she is running gone for the child... Again I was not there but if I were sure in my own heart I could save the child and was then stopped (when seconds mean the difference between life and death) I don't know how I would act or feel the next day.

I was flying a civilian 206 Bell Jet Ranger (helicopter) and saw a farm house that looked like it was starting to burn. It was in the country so I made an approach and landed. I had already radioed for the fire department which arrived maybe 15 (?) minutes after I landed. The fire looked like it had started in the attic. There was an old lady going in and out of the house with arms full of possessions. I went back in with her twice knowing heat and smoke rises and kinda helping her carry junk. We were just coming out the third time when the fire truck arrived. The lady was ready to go back in but I blocked her way by taking here arm and pulling her away to look at her house. Which was a full blown ready to collapse inferno by this time IMO.

She had been like a horse heading for the barn with head down and get out of my way only seconds before. The fireman took possession of the lady and the fire. I returned to the 206 fired her up and as I overflew the house it collapsed.. To this day I have to wonder if she would have been inside if someone had not stopped her? That was around the year of 1981 or 1982 in Oklahoma.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Already Posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It appears both these threads are closed with no word as to why.

These police officers just made a grave enemy in that father.

Weird. I can reply to a post in either thread but not just reply normally. The reply button is missing in both threads (but not others)
edit on 4-11-2013 by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

How can someone say they don't know who's judgement was correct. The fathers obviously, duh! The cops have no right to stop a father from saving his son, none what so ever. Then for them to use force on the father, but not try to go into the house to save the child is sick. I would walk through lava to save my child's life. If that was my son left in there you can bet bucks to buttons I would have put a bullet in each one of those cops. Those little female dogs in blue deserve nothing less. I'm real tired of the law thinking it needs to protect you, and knows what's best for you more than you do. This sickens me to no end!

top topics

join