It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA union calls for armed guards at every checkpoint

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is all part of the grand design. Very Soon America will look like Israel with kids in uniform carrying automatic weapons, patrolling the streets of the USA, authorized to arrest you for any real or imagined infraction. Couple that with privately run, for profit detention facilities and you have a new growth industry.

Boil that frog....
edit on 4-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I have flown on business myself in the past.
I would not now, I would either drive or if for some reason I 'had' to fly contact a friend who had a pilots license and a plane or access to a friends plane and charter a flight.

I forsee people buying personal planes that can be stored in garages or small barns and cutting out traveling by airlines and relegating them for use as cargo* carriers or transporting emplyees too low on the totem pole to have any other option .

Goodness right now an employeer can just ask an applicant to fly up for the interview and get 30,000$ worth if background check for a 200$ ticket. Perhaps that is the point? are the big employers offsetting their applicants background checks and employee screening to the public dime by mascarading it as 'preventing terrorisem' expense? I would not put it past them.

*I would rather be frozen as a J.Doe and transported as cargo than be groped by the mindless minions they use as 'security' at this point in history. Test for those who are required to fly ask the screeners three questions from yours or your neighbors high school tests for math, english and civics and if they cannot answer all three correctly you the passanger should be able to opt out of the 500,000 RAD MRI screen (That I am sure is used to evaluate your for your Obamacare premiums) and not be molested because the people they hire to screen passangers cannot tell the difference between a cancer patient with an ostomy bag and a terrorist with a bomb.
edit on 4-11-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
reply to post by boncho

Not really,

Really? From your own frigging quote for crying out loud:

The screeners, who earn up to $30,000 annually, have not requested to carry guns themselves, but they do want an armed security officer present at every checkpoint, Cox said.
Have any of you ever been to an airport? THE ARMED SECURITY IS ALREADY THERE. Yes, they work in conjunction with the TSA. No, the TSA is not asking to be armed. They are asking for the armed guards that are ALREADY PRESENT to be stationed at the checkpoints, WHICH THEY WERE up until a few months ago.

Holy cow people....

Remind me who was there before the TSA was there?

Also remind me how I want to feel the way I do when I land in Mexico and a bunch of federalis are hanging around with guns…

And yet, there are places in the world where police do not carry guns. The actions of the government and the mental health of an entire nation dictate just exactly how extreme "security" has to get, and by the judgement of the founding fathers, I don't think you are supposed to let that escalate, no matter the degree.
edit on 4-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yup. I see the "airport police" driving around the drop off/pick up areas too. I've seen military at European airports. I want to say Italy I saw LEO's armed with assault rifles.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You mean the private security that was vilified for doing nothing wrong on 9/11?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This obvious agenda at increasing control over citizens will eventually lead to civil war. Imagine if they begin shooting travelers and once they have more guns, their "groping" will get a lot worse.

More control and power over citizens ALWAYS leads to more explotation and harm to citizens..

I expect sooner or later there will be roving bands of vigilantes hunting people in uniform in retaliation for these idiots harming loved ones or relatives. They already greatly fear this, hence the increased agendas against freedoms. If everyone knew what they wanted to do completely, we would already be in a full scale civil war.

Thank our current and prior administrations for enabling all of these continuing agendas to take away freedoms and empower tyrants. Re-signing NDAA, extreme lying and disinformation, etc. The list of things being done right now against all citizens is 100% Obama's doing. He, himself is the greatest threat to America that we have ever faced.

I feel sorry for those that voted him in for being so naive and selfish for thinking he would give them anything they need and make all their troubles go away. But then, a clearly rigged election and obvious remote control of networked voting machines makes the entire thing unfathomable anyways.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I've seen "airport police" -- not TSA agents that are armed. I'd be OK with that, as long as they aren't walking around with M16's and attack dogs like after 9/11.

Stepping up security after the fact is like trying to change your oil after your car's engine has already seized up. The chances of the engine working, or another violent incident are practically zero.

How many "attempts" right after 9/11 did all the enhanced security foil? I'd be willing to bet zilch.

Uh, not sure how often you fly but when I got off my flight a month ago from the U.S. virgin islands, we were all greeted by heavily armed police with ARs, dogs and gear on the air tunnel. I didn't even leave the U.S. what you're talking about is already here.

And you are correct, the TSA has not from it's inception till now caught 1 terrorist. Grand total is 0

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Indeed you are correct. What price freedom over security?

Of course they've got everybody scared, whilst the general populace is agreeing to additional security laws. We can't say we weren't warned can we?

They got us hating on people we have never met in our lives, instead of turning our hate on them. Once we do turn on them, watch them prove their might.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here's an update on this.

Friday’s slaying of a Transportation Security Administration officer at Los Angeles International Airport is fueling calls from union leaders to give some of the agency’s employees guns, handcuffs and the power to make arrests.

Both lawmakers and the Obama administration have called for reviewing airport security procedures after the shooting spree. But union officials are already offering a concrete proposal: create a new category of TSA agent in addition to the 45,000 existing screeners. People in the new positions would be law enforcement officers, who could carry handcuffs and firearms as well as make arrests.

Politico
Looks like they don't just want more armed cops. They want a special new armed group of TSA members. With law officers powers. Figures.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Bassago
Here's an update on this.

Friday’s slaying of a Transportation Security Administration officer at Los Angeles International Airport is fueling calls from union leaders to give some of the agency’s employees guns, handcuffs and the power to make arrests.

Both lawmakers and the Obama administration have called for reviewing airport security procedures after the shooting spree. But union officials are already offering a concrete proposal: create a new category of TSA agent in addition to the 45,000 existing screeners. People in the new positions would be law enforcement officers, who could carry handcuffs and firearms as well as make arrests.

Politico
Looks like they don't just want more armed cops. They want a special new armed group of TSA members. With law officers powers. Figures.
See, now this is a lot more concerning than the original article.

Unless the new branch are actually members of a police force that are also classified as TSA, I dont see how this will be deemed constitutional.

They got away with the TSA because it is not a right of anyone to fly, and therefore you agree to submit to their groping when you buy a plane ticket.

A TSA police force, however, is a whole different story.
edit on 5-11-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The TSA has these. They are called ASO's. They work out of DCA(Reagan National) but there are 'gateway' airports already in place that I am sure could become operational like DCA. They are integrated with the AMS(Air Marshals). Private security to handle what the US Government cannot is also a slippery slope.A TSA agent, whos is private contractor, would not be bound by certain Federal Laws I am sure. Sounds like a way to combat 'insurgents' to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

See, now this is a little more concerning than the original article.

Yeah totally agree. I hadn't heard before that TSA was trying to get this approved but I'm not surprised. Wonder how a story like this remained so low profile before? Luckily it appears congress isn't too thrilled by the idea but you never know what those people will do one minute to the next.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by captaintyinknots

See, now this is a little more concerning than the original article.

Yeah totally agree. I hadn't heard before that TSA was trying to get this approved but I'm not surprised. Wonder how a story like this remained so low profile before? Luckily it appears congress isn't too thrilled by the idea but you never know what those people will do one minute to the next.
I believe something like this would go to the supreme court. And I have a hard time seeing them deem it legal (though who knows what those people will do with anything these days).

I have darker fears about where this is going to end up, but I hate to blindly speculate, so Ill keep those in my pocket for now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join