It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA union calls for armed guards at every checkpoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
We all knew it was only a matter of time and the LAX "shooting" has given them the opening. The TSA now wants armed guards at all checkpoints.

WASHINGTON — The union representing airport screeners for the Transportation Security Administration says Friday's fatal shooting of an agent at Los Angeles International Airport highlights the need for armed security officers at every airport checkpoint.

TSA officials said Saturday that they don't anticipate a change in the agency security posture at the moment, but "passengers may see an increased presence of local law enforcement officers throughout the country."

The screeners, who earn up to $30,000 annually, have not requested to carry guns themselves, but they do want an armed security officer present at every checkpoint, Cox said.

"At the moment." Give them a few days / weeks and they'll be clamoring for an armed TSA. Anyone want to take a bet on that?

I sure miss the America where there weren't calls for armed guards and bullet proof checkpoints. Looks like the "terrorists" won the war on terror. Welcome to the land of the unfree.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

You and I both knew that was coming. As many people as they have pissed off it might not be a bad idea if survival is a goal, No?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
well, more guns is it?
where are those pesky gun grabbers on this one?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm shocked that they wou....

Oh wait.. Didn't several members here call this the day of the incident?

I wonder where it will end?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Danbones
well, more guns is it?
where are those pesky gun grabbers on this one?

Not to worry. I'm sure Feinstein and her worthless crew is on it as we speak.

Never let a crisis go to waste, remember?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They already have em.
They're called cops.

Just call 911 like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The only time this will stop is when it hurts the airlines profits. I refuse to fly, but my sole boycott is not putting a dent in their profit margins. The populace does not seem to care anymore, and the few that do are the minority. They just accept it as part of life.

I fear that when my generation is gone the memory of having rights granted by the constitution will die with it. When my child is old and his children grown will they even know the words "bill of rights" outside of a text book?

Each generation is growing up with fewer rights and they just accept it as the norm. It is how they always remember it and the older generation is a bunch of crazy old people that complain too much.

edit on 4-11-2013 by overratedpatriotism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not such a big surprise is it?

Problem, reaction, solution, it's common practice now and like gullible fools, most people buy it.

For them to drop the bomb regarding the exercise using the exact same scenario 3 weeks prior to the actual event, well really people? Really?

I appreciate people will say emergency services undertake exercises all the time, it's the words 'exact scenario' that doesn't sit right. 9/11, 7/7 and now LAX, coincidence? Damn these coincidences just keep happening don't they?

ETA: When you have armed guards internally searching innocent people, I would suggest the terrorists have won!!
edit on 4/11/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The screeners, who earn up to $30,000 annually, have not requested to carry guns themselves

Could you imagine? Gun toting mall cops with the right to molest and a license to kill, backed by the full might of the federal government. Like cops, except with less self esteem and bigger grudges.

edit on 4-11-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And we have more sensationalism.

It says ARMED GUARDS. Not armed TSA agents.

The armed guards are already there. Its a matter of where they are stationed.

Holy crap people. Seriously. Slow down for a minute.
edit on 4-11-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Could you imagine? Gun toting mall cops with the right to molest, a license to kill backed by the full might of the federal government. Like cops, except with less self esteem and bigger grudges.

Unfortunately that's exactly what I'm imagining. In fact if we wait just a bit we probably won't have to imagine it at all. Then we can expect to face the armed TSA at highway checkpoints, football games, etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by overratedpatriotism

The problem with this response is that many people fly on airlines not out of choice, but necessity. They fly because of business or to travel long distances to see families overseas. While I don't have the statistics on hand, I'd wager that businessmen make up the bulk of people flying around. We all know that businesses write these expenses off, so the people actually flying probably aren't paying anything for it either. These people are still all subject to the TSA's gropefests.

This armed guard thing is bad... Our airports are going to start looking like airports in many third world countries where you step off of an airplane and enter the terminal only to see people standing around in military uniforms carrying assault rifles. Yikes! What's next, is Obama going to start dressing in a military uniform with a bunch of made up awards and commendations pinned to his chest?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've seen "airport police" -- not TSA agents that are armed. I'd be OK with that, as long as they aren't walking around with M16's and attack dogs like after 9/11.

Stepping up security after the fact is like trying to change your oil after your car's engine has already seized up. The chances of the engine working, or another violent incident are practically zero.

How many "attempts" right after 9/11 did all the enhanced security foil? I'd be willing to bet zilch.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its gotten all too familiar now......the false flag bulldooey they use to peddle their totalitarian Stassi Police State.....
The US is run by a Nazi like hidden hand that usurped the democracy when Kennedy was assassinated.....
We have a long row to hoe to get our freedom back.
It will NOT happen without a mess of bloodshed sweat, and tears.............
If its worth Living for......It has to be worth dying for.......
Takers anyone?The time is now................or never......s

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We all knew it was only a matter of time and the LAX "shooting" has given them the opening. The TSA now wants armed guards at all checkpoints.

"Matter of time" ?? What the hell man I just heard they wanted guns two days ago. A week from now they will have anal probes.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Guns are bad.

MORE GUNS!

So, did everyone expect this when they saw the LAX shooting?

less guns more guns, more guns less guns - gun manufacturers win either way - SHOCKING

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
And we have more sensationalism.

It says ARMED GUARDS. Not armed TSA agents.

The armed guards are already there. Its a matter of where they are stationed.

Holy crap people. Seriously. Slow down for a minute.
edit on 4-11-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Not really,

Every commercial airport is required to have an airport security program that is approved by the TSA. But the agency said it is up to each airport authority and their local law enforcement partners to ensure the plan is implemented.

The screeners, who earn up to $30,000 annually, have not requested to carry guns themselves, but they do want an armed security officer present at every checkpoint, Cox said.

They have a deal now that cops are supposed to be present but it's up to the airport in question. They are asking for armed security personnel so that means whatever until it is stamped and certified. Mind you, they will be trained better than the TSA because they are gun carrying. But exactly who they hire is up for debate. Perhaps they will create a new agency…

edit on 4-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

When I worked at an airport, every checkpoint had an armed LEO sitting at the exit, right next to the checkpoint. They'd go on a short patrol around the area, and lunch breaks, and that was about the only time they weren't there.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not really,

Really? From your own frigging quote for crying out loud:

Have any of you ever been to an airport? THE ARMED SECURITY IS ALREADY THERE. Yes, they work in conjunction with the TSA. No, the TSA is not asking to be armed. They are asking for the armed guards that are ALREADY PRESENT to be stationed at the checkpoints, WHICH THEY WERE up until a few months ago.

Holy cow people....

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

A week from now they will have anal probes.

TSA will need a sure method of detecting the dreaded al Qaeda prostate bombs. Just make sure you eat a lot of Mexican food before your next flight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join