It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's Guardian's offices raided, Hard drives destroyed, Cease and desist or else..!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

They mock virtually all democratic principles. They govern lawlessly. They do it ruthlessly. Sweeping surveillance is official policy. So is suppressing information about government wrongdoing

www.activistpost.com...

Has anyone really noticed how the press is being intimidated, controlled, and even some have (reportedly) embedded (for lack of a better word) political officers at the editors desk?

The other thing one might want to consider is the catch all phrase of "National Security" which is being used more and more to hide blatant wrong doing.. Seal something for 25 or 50 years when the case is "NOW" not some far off future that many will never see or even care about "Oh that's ancient history".

IMO the press used to be the one entity that exposed many of the "wrongs" in government and yet they are being silenced.... Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

727Sky
London's Guardian's offices raided, Hard drives destroyed...

Several months ago.
Widely discussed at the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

alfa1

727Sky
London's Guardian's offices raided, Hard drives destroyed...

Several months ago.
Widely discussed at the time.

I really missed the articles or discussion I guess.. When I saw this rather long article and some of the many facets it spoke of I was reminded of other threads where reporters are demonized or accidented. Maybe not enough coffee today...?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The media has done their part to support and defend the governments we have now. Especially here in the US, where they nearly never report anything that paints the government in a bad light.

In my opinion, "journalists" deserve all of the heavy handed attention they get, they asked for it.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I once met a man named Winston he worked for the Bureau of information adjusting the news to fit some abject reality set forth by those who wish to control our thoughts, wait can't remember if that was a book of prophecy called 1984 or real life, dang it I'm so confused which is which???

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.washingtonsblog.com...

U.S. Points Out that Only Tyrants Treat Journalists As Terrorists … While Doing the Exact Same Thing

Some governments are too weak or unwilling to protect journalists and media outlets. Many others exploit or create criminal libel or defamation or blasphemy laws in their favor. They misuse terrorism laws to prosecute and imprison journalists. They pressure media outlets to shut down by causing crippling financial damage. They buy or nationalize media outlets to suppress different viewpoints. They filter or shut down access to the Internet. They detain and harass – and worse.

new topics

top topics

join