It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalies From Mars, With Curiosity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I want to share with you some amazing images from photos of Curiosity, here cropping images from the NASA sites, and I'll have to sort through the dozens I published since 11 months, having in my head that I am not the one and only in this speciality (showing martian rocks on ATS).

Sure it will sometimes not be easy to translate in English the name of things I do not have their names in French ! Remember I affirm nothing. Let's begin by Un chantier de fouilles sur Mars ?about what seems to be an archaeological excavation. I am sure you know these images, but they let me thinking about archaeological site. See a sort of crab claw or fish beside excavation, for example. If I can put later directly on ATS some images (ex. imgur) I did it.
edit on 4 11 2013 by florentb because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 11 2013 by florentb because: completing message

I would like also to show you Stange white object in a rockin a rock (yes, there is a good old martian rock, but there is something in it. Do not have in account the text, which is about the Earth-Sun-Mars conjonction. What do you think of this object (or part of an angular object) ?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by florentb

Yep!! Lots of Mars rock hounds on here! lol!! But, they get lots of looks, and comments! That's for sure

That's why I clicked! I'll check in later.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately op we've seen on ATS most of these pics before, they're just rocks, oh also Pareidolia is a favorite word on here.

Unless we finally land on Mars, we'll never know

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Hi Florent, i've had a good look at the pics and see nothing unusual at all. It also looks absolutely nothing like an Archaeological dig in my eyes, and i've been involved in a fair few etc. Thanks for sharing though

ETA: the second link shows nothing unusual either, veins of other minerals are extremely common. Did you have some theory as to what was represented in that pic?

edit on 4-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Yes I know this word wo seems to have been invented especially for this space exploration
but you have to take in account the multiple paraedolia's in the same area. And the name refer to something known, not to the unknown.

Best regards.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi and welcome,

I would rather you just use the direct link to a particular picture rather than a presentation of cropped pictures, if there is anything of interest, we would want to go to the origins anyway. BTW, you can upload to ATS directly, if the system works in your browser.

For the pictures you have shown, a lot of it seems to be a 'Shaley' bedrock, with many extremely regular shapes like squares and rectangles peeling off like slate, or pages off a book. The sandy looking rocks appear to be bone dry and brittle, and shaped by erosion, and just the fact that they are being eroded by the Martian wind tells you how brittle these 'rocks' are, because the Martian wind, while able to have a high speed, has little force. cyclonic speeds on Mars would only ruffle your hair.
edit on 4-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Not of course like an Earth archaeological site, but it's just a hors-d'œuvre.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Thank you for the reply and technical info. It's a pleasure to have more infos. But you may consider the objects who are on the ground.
For the images, of course if some (or somes) images are taken in consideration by members. If they have interest, I'll did my best in the future to research the original or the JPL/Nasa reference.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

florentb
reply to post by skalla

Not of course like an Earth archaeological site, but it's just a hors-d'œuvre.

i had a longer rely but it serves no purpose, suffice to say "rocks". You should friend Arken asap

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
As much as I would like to see something, I see nothing "anomalous".

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

There are a lot of things on Mars that definitely attract the sensitive eyeball. I ran a thread a while back on something around MSL Curiousity that caught my attention and suffered a severe case of whiplash from the negative responses.

Yeah, I know the meaning of pareidolia and understand how our brain functions to create a false sense of familiarity with shapes in clouds and other formations. But, in this case, I found things that seemed to set that aside, even if just a smidgen.

That is... or at least used to be, one of the main features of this website.

Is it a rock? Prolly... but since we ain't there... who knows?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

To me it looks like when someone knuckles up their fingers and uses the thumb as a jaw for a "Puppet'.

Maybe those Martians were some low grade wanna be performers.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

On the chin of that knuckle-thumb, there are two circular indentations that are nearly identical in size and shape.

The tail is almost reminiscent of a shrimp tail, with fanned-fins all the exact same length and in a direst straight row.

Rocky land shrimp on Mars? See... there's something for the grill!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Hello redoubt,
Thank you for response. If I can, I may present in the future rocks who could be fossils or parts of structures, or anything I don't know what. Every day some "rocks" who have some intriguing form (or shape) are Under my eyes, and even it could be only "rocks" I find in any case these having interest. But you could have a surprise !

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I think there is a part of an object included in a stone, the object seems to have a structured (angles himself).

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Ok!

Bien! J'ai vérifier votre lonks avec des images et des articles en français...Beaucoup de trucs bizarres...J'ai juste don ' t sais. Mais, Le Cool, en tout cas!!! (French)

Kee4p on looking!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

the image was taken on soil 232 the mastcam image number is 0232MR110106600E1_DXXX.jpg

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Hello,

See Strange rocksplease !

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Good !

(I put more strange rocks on this thread)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

here are More strange rocks.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join