It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Box of Crazy" - full of illustrations, sketches, drawings ..found by the trash.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

How fantastic. I love stuff like this...

I hope noone finds my box of crazy writings
(I just wonder how many people have this kind of thing stashed away somewhere and think it is worthless?)

How intriguing!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yes Im sure many people have detailed sketches and blueprints of ezekiels carriage and etc.
I sure as hell do. Ive got boxes of em.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
I have seen sketches like this before. They belonged to a relative of mine who suffered from schizophrenia.

Most likely the same cause for these drawings.

I would not generalise on this. Because one artist suffers from schizophrenia, it does not mean that another who produce the same kind of work also suffers from it. All passionate artists do tend to lean over the well too much and can fall in. Some do. Van Gogh for example suffered from a degree of madness.

As an artist, I know the importance of grounding myself. I paint from my imagination and that makes me more prone to mental disturbance. Luckily I have enough going on in my life to keep an equilibrium.

The Box of Crazy show a very inquisitive mind and someone who sees the world in a different way. Remember that a lot of inventions came from such people.

edit on 6-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

EnochRoot
A few bits look like they may have Biblical references -

Creatures with the likeness of a man having 4 faces, & some wings.

There appear to be very rough representations of beings with multiple pairs of wings.

There appears to be a "wheels within wheels" type of thing.

That comes over as a little Ezekielish.
The rest, I don't have a clue about.

Good find, interesting.

Those are the kind of things you would draw in the later years of high-school (at least in the 1980's and before)

The periodic table was the one of the first things taught in Chemistry, right after the concept of atoms, protons, neutrons and electrons. A map of Europe was the first thing that was in taught in Geography.
In Religious Studies, we would get to draw pictures of interpretations of particular sections of the Bible.

Art class would have us sketch people, figures and animals.

Technical Drawing would have us draw cross-sections of metal objects, with cross-hatching to indicate a sliced surface, and dotted lines to indicate rotation axii. We used to spend four or five hours a week practicing this.

The protractor half circle would be used to map out angles and distances using a compass set.

31.media.tumblr.com... " target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

There were no computers, CAD software or printers back then, so everything was hand drawn.

Somebody must have read those UFO reports, read sci-fi and applied their knowledge. The box was probably used to store school books, pencils and rulers.

Those were probably his favorite pieces and maybe a portfolio of work.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Kromlech

So do you have anything to complement your hilarious, unique meme? You know, in the form of words? Thoughts? You OBVIOUSLY

This is an amazing find, i will definitively be combing though these images.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Makes me think of the comic book in the british show Utopia

Cool find!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Looks fake to me... Look at edges, it is burned on purpose.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

Wow! What a find! Several things:

Seems like a lot of folks haven't read through the thread thus far. The drawings of interest are clearly from Ezekiel. Also, the four headed being is a reference to the four cardinal points of the zodiac. The lion is Leo, bull is Taurus, eagle is Scorpio and man is Aquarius. Ezekiel's vision is an occult text, not a literal account of a UFO encounter, but I digress...

The drawing with the Pier in Tampa Bay, aka the St. Petersburg Pier, doesn't seem to be a design for the pier itself. The caption refers to the tornado and the illustration is from 1977. The Pier was designed by William B. Harvard Sr. and constructed in 1973.

St. Petersburg Pier

Portions of the text on the drawing below include, "Much of the above was constructed according to the special scale and put in the place mentioned not later than May 1963. Nothing has been added to the display since then." He then explains that nothing has been added because of a lack of space and limited resources.

drawing with text

Note that he also refers to the "project". All of this indicates that these are designs for what appears to have been a partially completed art piece. It's too bad it was never finished. Based on some of the other drawings it looks like the final project would have been a mobile/animatronic interpretation of Ezekiel's vision. The train bearing and wheel designs were probably for the winged panther train depicted here.

In related news, the current Pier is about to undergo renovation. I don't know if Mr. Christiansen's vision could be realized within the proposed $45 million budget, but I would petition for his design.

Thanks for sharing this!

P.S. Wonder what happened to the parts of the project that were completed???

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just curious, has anyone looked at these drawings and seemed to "remember" them?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This guy was deep into the nuts and bolts of spiritual ascension. Merkaba is one of Judaism's mystical branches and Ezekiel is probably the most prominent of the 'go-to' sources for this type of information. A merkaba is a transport system for the spirit to be able to go into other dimensions. My opinion, after looking through his drawings and writings is that he not only believed such a vehicle exists, but was more interested in the power behind it.

In the Bible a tornado is not called a tornado - but a whirlwind. The prophet Elijah was taken into heaven by a chariot of fire propelled by a whirlwind. One of the papers mentions Jesus' ascension - that when he was taken up a cloud hid him from their view, but there was no mention of fire in or around the cloud that hid Jesus. This guy seems to think there is some type of connection between lenticular clouds and the merkaba vehicle.

An interesting side note: A merkaba vehicle is often depicted like the star of David; two inverted pyramid's. The pier at St. Pete's design is an inverted pyramid.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

It's funny you should say that. I do a lot of journaling. I have one of those plastic storage tubs filled with notebooks, drawing, thoughts.

I don't plan on doing anything with it. I don't feel any desire to share it - as much of it is - off the wall. I told my children that when I die - they can have it - and do whatever they want with it. Send it to an editor (what a nightmare that would be for them) or set it out to the trash.

I can't bring myself to throw it away though. I journal everything. My dreams, meditations, drawings, thought and ideas. Anyone who doesn't know me, looking through it - would consider it a tub of crazy!

This story reminded me of my tub if yellowing, aging memoirs. I have no idea what my kids will do with it - but the trash could very well be where it ends up - without me around wanting to keep it.

CdT

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Divine Strake
Just curious, has anyone looked at these drawings and seemed to "remember" them?

Yea. Every time after the first time I looked at them, I remembered them.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Whatever you do, Cirque, just keep it all. I wish I had all my stuff from years ago so that my children might one day read over it. Of course, anything too "taboo" I may have to edit.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Nice.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Yeah, I'm not saying a bunch of beings descended from the #ing sky here, but OBVIOUSLY THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, ACCORDING TO THIS POST. Umm, herp de derp??? Go back and read it again, and then pretend the OP didn't describe THAT. Hopefully your IQ kicks in to observe the obvious?
edit on 9-11-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a lot of the pictures resemble things mentioned in the book of Ezekial.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Kromlech
reply to post by bigman88

Yeah, I'm not saying a bunch of beings descended from the #ing sky here, but OBVIOUSLY THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, ACCORDING TO THIS POST. Umm, herp de derp??? Go back and read it again, and then pretend the OP didn't describe THAT. Hopefully your IQ kicks in to observe the obvious?
edit on 9-11-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

So, something is wrong with their IQ because they asked if you had any original thoughts of your own to add to your overused, ambiguous meme? Well, I can't wait till you get your hands on MY IQ, because I still don't know what you are even trying to say even after your additional "explanatory" (and inflammatory) post quoted above. All I got out of it is that you're insulting another member for asking you to expound upon your posts, and also that it seems to be pretty easy to get you irritated... People can irritate you without even trying! And I'm guessing that anything other than a congratulatory pat on the back would have produced a very similar response. But that's probably my horribly disfigured IQ kicking in again...

For anyone genuinely interested... This, from reddit www.reddit.com...

Sorry if it was already posted. Still in the process of reviewing this thread again

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Krytec
Looks fake to me... Look at edges, it is burned on purpose.

The amount of work CLEARLY put into this precludes any notion of fakery here. That would be like saying the Voynich Manuscript is fake. Maybe it survived a fire. Maybe the person who made it burned the edges of some of the papers on purpose because he liked the way it made it look. It's something I learned about in art class and I think it makes stuff look pretty cool.

What does burned edges, intentional or not, have anything to do with it being fake? Furthermore, what exactly is being faked here in your opinion? Where's the fake part? The part where he meticulously draws by hand, a machine part that computers are needed to draw today because "ain't nobody got time for that!"? Or is it the pages of handwritten text so perfect it looks like typewriter fonts? Or is it one of the other 100+ pages of sketches and text?

You're just another one of those people who like to pretend you are clever by calling out FAKE! as if the rest of us were not smart enough to see what you did. You like to fancy yourself as being one step ahead of the rest. Why don't you come on.back down and join the rest of us normal humans....you've got your head up in the clouds and I fear its been deprived of appropriate levels of oxygen for a tad bit too long there, friend.

And, just to let you know where we stand, I have a feeling I put more thought and effort into a fart than you did into your weak accusation.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Given the moving diorama theory, I think he was planning on proposing this to the city for placement within the pier, with a projector that would depict the Tampa tornado and the spacecraft emitting from the top and into the night sky. If this is the case it's a real shame he was unable to finish.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Yeah, I saw this thread the first day it was posted yet neglected to post.
But I believe they look similar to the Voynich Manuscript!

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Voynich Manuscript

I haven't read the entire thread so my apologies if someone has already proposed this

edit on 9-11-2013 by samuel1990 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join