It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Box of Crazy" - full of illustrations, sketches, drawings ..found by the trash.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

I'm an artist and that is typical of a artists sketchbook. I keep everything. But it does give us a good look at what he thought about.

Once I had a friend that was an artist. Also an illustrator and drafter employed by my company to document our computer products. He had this unique ability to see an object in his mind from all angles before ever drawing it. The image was in his mid first and then he drew it. Sometimes, like here evidently, he would struggle with the image he was seeing and made repeated attempts to put it down to paper but then would suddenly start over and try again and again. It was neat to watch him at work. I could hand him a a box or specs of what to draw and he would instantly get the shape in his mind, could even work later at home on it having only seen it one or two minutes.

He had favorite subjects to draw and seemed to always fidget sketching this or that. Quite alert to the world at the same time too. He had no problem talking and watching TV while he worked.

What a mind. These pictures have this same atmosphere to them.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HamP1980

From the reddit page. "Quote"Although he was born in Skodsborg, Denmark at the time of his immigration in 1927 his residence is listed as Helsinger (more commonly known in the English speaking world as Elsinore thanks to Hamlet).

His final destination on his arrival form in 1927 is listed as Henryville, PA. From 1924 to 1929 Henryville was the location of the Pocono People's College, an experimental college that did not require its adult students to have any educational prerequisites upon entrance.

The head of Pocono People's College was Dr. Sorn Mathiasen, who had previously taught at the International People’s College in Elsinore. Daniel Christiansen listed S. A. Mathiasene [sic] as his contact in the US upon his arrival.

This is speculation, but I think it's likely that Daniel Christiansen took classes at the International People's College in Elsinore where he made the acquaintance of Dr. Mathiasen.

When Dr. Mathiasen became the head of the Pocono People's College it's possible Daniel was invited over to continue his studies. He lists Dr. Mathiasen as his "friend" not as his teacher/professor on his immigration forms, so it would seem their relationship was a close one.

This could help explain why someone with an 8th grade education (according to his WWII enlistment records and the 1940 US Census) had such an advanced grasp on mechanical drawing. Perhaps he studied engineering?

When the college closed due to the stock market crash in 1929, Daniel moved to Newark, New Jersey and found work. First as a mechanic in an automobile factory and later as a carpenter working in furniture repair. He lived in Newark until at least 1942 when he entered the Army.

I'm not sure yet what Daniel did in the years immediately following WWII. The next time he pops up in records is in 1953 when he married Anastasia Harjaks, an Estonian immigrant, in Palm Beach, Florida.

Daniel and Anastasia lived in Elizabeth, New Jersey from at least 1957 to 1959.

Anastasia died in St. Petersburg, Florida in 1983." Quote end"

Im a danish citizen myself and can make out some danish words and sentences mixed in some of the papers.
some wich are references to persons that he want/wanted to show the papers.
Im not all that convinced that Daniel made all of those drawings. the style is all over the place same with the writings.
And much of the ezekiel drawings seems to have been made by the overlay method of copying.
im mostly fascinated by the hand drawn maps and the different locations and coastlines he seemed to have drawn in.
and helsinger/elsinore is actually spelled Helsingør in correct danish.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah, after that second set of pictures its obvious he was a artist that was going to write a book based on a connection with Ezekiel, The Pier in St Pete, Fl and aliens. It also looks like he was constructing a globe? Not out of the ordinary for a artist either.

He did have an interesting mind though.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Digital_Reality because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Amazing work, many of the illustrations can be explored for quite some time! Thanks for sharing! S&F!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its interesting that he actually signed his name like that to his wife. Very cool idea!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

It also looks like he was constructing a globe? Not out of the ordinary for an artist either.

Ahh, I see that now. Thanks for that insight.

I also look at Ezekiel, but with different eyes. Things have advanced a little since his day. The wheels within wheels thing reminds me of helicopters.

I can see his interest from the bearing and railroad wheel trucks drawings he was doing. Some of his gyroscopic renderings are unique. I am not an artist, but I see connections with the current era.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

We all see our own unique version of reality. Some are able to articulate better than others.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

Amazing. Looks like enziekel's vision aka lords vehicle that the temple had to be measured prior to landing.

It has an uncanny look like the model some group of researchers I think from Germany made based on the measurements and biblical account. Actually looks like a match.
And the being I think is known as a tetramorph.

Maybe that guy wrote and or drew cover for the book Spaceships of Ezekiel by Josef Blumrich seen here;
www.amazon.com...=redir_mdp_mobile?qid=1192910879&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

See Ezekiel 1:4-9
King James Version (KJV)

Any drawings for a manna machine in there?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Interesting!

Text on a poster (with corrections). I feel that I should comment on the content, but I really don't know what to say about this.

That above image, is a mighty fine example of mechanical text.... an no, not from some sort of typewriter (ie: ribbon, fingers and keys people!)

For one, those fonts aren't found on any typewriters, and two... typewriters can't scale size quite like that.

Which Leaves one Last Option:
A Daftsmans Lettering Guide
Why? It's just perfect, too perfect perhaps.
Pantograph - it's a lost art with ink and lead.
(look it up)

If I were to guess, as far as that page goes.... it would have probably been done solely by the operator, with an adjustable (and mechanical - as above) scriber, and some letter templates for the text.
Take a look at the old Leroy Lettering Kit, it's been around since the '50s.

As for the rest of the drawings, I dunno but I'd place bets on that guy being an artist of some sort... and possibly involved in drawing schematics, and or blueprints for his day job.
Mixed bag of nuts.

T-

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Just curious if you have tried contacting this Daniel. His address was on the envelope, I would mail him something
Are you also in the FL area?

But this is an interesting find, you never know what he was experiencing, but he was very detailed and precise in his drawings. The details and the focus are what makes me think this was a very time consuming part of his life.
edit on 4-11-2013 by amble because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by amble

I think Daniel is dead.
He was born in 1904.
There's a good chance the house he lived in may have ancestors living there. Has anyone google earthed the address?
edit on 4-11-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

knowidea
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Nesna It Sirhe is actually Christiansen backwards, its Sirh(c)

sorry, where are you seeing Ampel? which pic is it?
edit on 4-11-2013 by knowidea because: (no reason given)

AMPEL is in the pic that says April 1947

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

If he has training in drafting, he could write like this freehand. Look at all the other pics. Anyways that page isn't that old if it's mentioning 1979.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

After viewing full resolution, and zooming in a bit more, some of it reads, "AERIAL VIEW DISCLOSING AN ANCIENT RIDDLE, OF (ABOUT) 2,500 YEARS, WHICH CLAIMED THAT FOUR LIVING CREATURES CAME OUT OF A CLOUD, WHICH SHORIO? LIKE MY APPEAL AND - I FIRED - THE COLOR OF AMBER. Now, about a century after Edison has light? and the elective light and - after 25 years the Wright Brothers, introduced the flying -we can see .................... Tampa Tornado Pointing at pier in Pinellas.

Sorry for the very rough translation, that's the best I could do. Very interesting topic indeed.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
from the writing (and may i say that is some fine penmanship!) i believe those drawings are representations of different events the author thought were extraterrestrial.

my one qualm is that the rainbow is missing a color from it, but it appears as a sloppy circle next to the others. mayhap it was produced by another? or perhaps colored in by someone else?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ok guys, It looks like the nesna-it-sirhc or nesnaitsirhc it is related somehow with the Christiansen's family,

i have found Bill Christiansen with nickname : nesnaitsirhc
s294.photobucket.com...

Searching nesnaitsirhc in FB I got two hits - both with Christiansen family names.

So this nesnaitsirhc looks like it is related somehow to the family.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

Ya ein stein spell Christensen backwards

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Haha, I was so stupid I didn't see it .. oh. Thank you

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by iasenko

Lol I'm glad you took it with good humour it came out a little too snarky but it's 4 am here

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Update on the story today:

New gallery with more pictures,letters can be found here :
Second gallery 107 pics

Maybe the author of all the illustrations was Daniel Frederick Christiansen, 96, formerly of Austin, died at Samaritan Bethany Heights in Rochester on Jan. 2, 2010.

The source

More updates to come

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join