It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Nuclear power needed' to slow warming(Australia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
These idiots scientists want Australia to go nuclear .

Four scientists, including Tom Wigley from the University of Adelaide, are asking environmentalists to support the development of safer nuclear power as one way to cut fossil fuel pollution. The scientists, who have played a key role in alerting the public to the dangers of climate change, have sent letters to leading environmental groups and politicians around the world.

Source: www.news.com.au

I watching this Tom Wigley on Channel 10 in Australia and he couldn't even pronounce Fukushima, its like he pronounced it wrong so people weren't alarmed. He also calls Fukushima second generation nuclear power to say that Australia will be going third generation nuclear power which is safer. Safer its still nuclear power.
How is it safer? Safer until a accident happens then we put a bandaid over it and kill what ever is surrounding it.

I feel they won't be happy until we are smothered in radiation.

Sorry but I don't agree with these scientists and would hate my country to be infected with non fixable disasters.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

We have been playing with nuclear medicine ( cough ) , for a long time.

Lucas Heights ?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
They have safer ways to make nuclear power. There is new technology emerging with less risky and smaller power plants could be placed around the country that can be shut down in minutes. A power plant doesn't need to be super sized to be effective, it needs to be safer.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I just hope thy want the Thorium Reactor
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join