It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Wants To Track Your Mouse Cursor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
OK, I googled bewbs...hahah!

Ok, I don't do that (look for bewbs) really. hahaha! That is pretty funny lol!! Alice you teach me stuff new every time I read your post.

edit on 4-11-2013 by RUFFREADY because: spelling it's early..

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I spin mine in small circles all the time just to screw with them.

Sometimes I click on things that I don't really want to also.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Well Wrabbit we do not really need NSA when we have plenty of web sites in which members give their privacy just to be part of the in crowd in the social media.

While this seems sinister to some is nothing but data mining where somebody else makes all the money on your personal information but you.

Thankfully due to my husband's job we do not belong to any social media and against my husbands wishes this is the only site I post.

Even when he tells me that been in ATS could cost his job one day, he has never told me why.

Now as for my son and my daughter I have to say that they are as addicted to social media as any other young person of this generation this days.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok lets think about WHO this really effects.

Ive have FB for years, only have a small amount considering some people have thousands of hmmm, lets say people, cause they surely arent friends, not all anyway, and I live away from places that I come from, miss and love.

There are apps from Mozilla that will clear the ads and make things easier, and I never understood saying people are stupid, crazy , irresponsible, etc,. Uhhh those are people you know, or like 6 degrees of separation there is a reason behind you seeing that.

If you have 5 minutes, and now how to use the "settings" button you should be clear.

If you really think about it , we have less control here, as there is no block anymore

There is an ENTIRE population that I NEVER see that interact on Facebook, and that is MY choice, if your seeing it, well, than that is YOURS!

Peace, NRE.
edit on 4-11-2013 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

butcherguy

Exactly!! Same here (some from here ATS) and I'll do the same thing, click on things I don't really want too while chatting lol!! But, I bet everybody does that. Right? I got invited to join "the night of the Demon, is the best movie ever made", when I clicked that the other night while chatting with an ATS member, I then made a comment on there (because Nick Redfren did also, cause he's one my friends. ) now I'm a member lol!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's nothing new. There are several different companies that allow you to track clicks live and whatnot on your website. Some even show "hot and cold" spots on the site. I've used them before but only to increase conversions. The ones that I've used do not track individual users, however, I'm sure FB's does.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Argyll

Violation of my privacy, as I see it, doesn't require a specific use I further object to...to be offended by it.

Really?

Your on the internet mate.....your privacy is being violated every second of every day your on it!

You see those ads at the top and side of your screen right now?.....well your not seeing the same ones I'm seeing because your privacy has been "violated" and they are tailor made using data form your browsing history.

Seems to me your just upset that it's a big corporation that's doing the privacy invasion.

I am frankly baffled by the folks who seem to figure that because our privacy is violated in 100 different ways already, 101 is almost expected to the point of being welcomed.

It is fair to say, if we had reacted 20 years ago, at the very start of things and when the transition from point to point phone modems to the World Wide Web was happening, in the same way we are now? A good deal of this may NOT have gone the way it has. After all, those teens and whiz kids of the early 90's became the people running the show now from the higher levels of industry and government.

Failing to say anything now shouldn't be thought of as self evident and foolish to consider otherwise, but a sign that we have learned absolutely nothing for the way small things left unchallenged, if only by word, encourage the steps which lead into more later.

There is another aspect here and it's ALSO fair to say. If privacy is no issue, why use a screen name? Why not use your real name? Post it right up for all to see, for that matter? (Don't actually do it here, for T&C/Policy reasons). Why does anyone use a screen name if we have just rolled over to play dead and accept being violated to whatever extreme others determine they'd like to?

Where some have accepted, I wish I never had, way back when my voice MAY have actually HAD an impact. There weren't that many voices to compete with at one time ...and we said nothing. This is the legacy. Shall we remain silent forevermore?
edit on 4-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

butcherguy

I use a touch screen and usually only click what I want. There is much less hovering and gliding over images and I'm pretty certain that unless they are tracking my eyes through my camera, I am not feeding them too much extra data.

Tablets and touch screens will certainly help as long as you don't glide the mouse pointer around the screen.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Tablets and touch screens will certainly help as long as you don't glide the mouse pointer around the screen.
reply to post by evc1shop

Yeah! especially don't glide to bewbs. hahaha! (now I know)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

double post !! how'd that happen! Two bewbs I guess!! Jezze!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

RUFFREADY

It can be tough sometimes as the mind sometimes subconsciously takes over our motor functions or we just don't realize we are pointing where we are looking, especially with images that exploit man's biological weaknesses.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There are 3 ways to deal with the intrusion in the electronic age, and both have its purposes:

1) Don't use it. If you are not using the internet, or facebook, or any social media, they can't track you at all. It means that you tend to do things the old fashion way, paper, pen, book, and typewriter. It helps to know how to use such items.

Or you can do this to have fun:

2) Always be under the belief that everything you do on the internet and in social media is being watched. With that in mind, lets have fun. Look at things that would either not go together or really make them worry about your state of mind, but totally false. Look at say bondage, S&M pictures, if you can think it to be the most disgusting thing, then go and visit it, leave it on the page, join it, (Don't have it feed to your wall or what ever, unless you really are that kind of person.) All sorts of stuff. Do this for a month, then look for pics that really will set the alarm bells off. It will make their statistics way off and mess with them. Think about it a woman looking at S&M and perverted stuff, and then sights for NAMBLA. Things like that. Give them enough to think it is legit. By the time they figure out you are messing with them, they will then have to go to who ever they are reporting to and explain how they were just punked. I would also advise setting up a free email account to use in this case, to prevent your in box from being over loaded.

Or you can do the following:

3) Do not post anything about yourself, and keep all conversations to more mundane topics, and off line. Play the games, but beyond that, don't give them anything more than what is required and keep it blank. There is nothing that states you have to have a photo on your profile. There is nothing that states you really have to be truthful about say your age. I am sure that for every 100 accounts out there, a good 30 are fake. And above all, never discuss banking or what you are doing or going when not online.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I couldnt agree with you anymore

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That's a great link, because it proves everything I've been telling many of my real-life friends about for quite some time. This gives me a well laid out, concise resource to point them to. The next thing they will be coming out with ads that say "Privacy is so '80's, ALL YOUR PRIVACY ARE BELONG TO US!" Oh wait, they didn't have to, lol.

I've been telling relatives of mine about this, but they still are addicted to the FB. I was looking on the web the other day, and it's actually scary how much a person can find about themselves by searching. There are so many databases that keep track of your phone, address, and many other personal details. Many of these details are publicly viewable as well. I was able to find my phone number with a search engine just by using my first and last name. I didn't have to pay one of those "services" to find it. Email is a little tougher to find, but I still get lots and lots of spam in my inbox (companies like FB selling your email to advertisers, etc.).

I think that for anyone who wants to have a sliver of privacy it is virtually impossible, unless you can afford to "disappear." You have to be off the grid, web, any type of bill, rent, EVEN property ownership, be able to afford to not need a job, never walk outside, and make sure your house has many underground floors. Even then you probably won't have TOTAL privacy.

These practices by FB are invasive, but they reserve the right to change their terms of service at any time. Legally if you use the service you are accepting the terms by clicking that little checkbox when you sign up. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Where some have accepted, I wish I never had, way back when my voice MAY have actually HAD an impact. There weren't that many voices to compete with at one time ...and we said nothing. This is the legacy. Shall we remain silent forevermore?

You can make as much noise as you like, but this is the nature of the beast, the internet is what it is and if you use it you have to accept it.

Personally I use my real name in many places/sites on the internet, I'm not bothered who knows it, I don't engage in anything illegal or underhand so why should I be bothered if anyone knows who I am.

I believe the internet is still in it's infancy and I reckon that in a few more years every bodies experience of it will be totally unique in far more ways than it is today, that can only be achieved by gathering personal information and habits from each and every user, you may not like it, you may rail against it, but you've got as much chance of banning motor cars as you have of keeping all your details off-line if you want to use the internet to it's, as yet, unfulfilled potential.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Well, we do all see life and issues that impact it in very different ways. That's what gives us all such colorful variety, right?

To be realistic, the time to fight with expectation of accomplishing anything was in the 90's anyway. When the Internet was still something outside the daily mainstream. It's a bit late now when facebook is considerably larger than most brick and mortar corporations on many levels. If enough people say something, they have changed their planning before on reactions....but that's been rare and as they get larger and more powerful, will probably stop happening altogether. I just like tilting at windmills, what can I say?

Someday one will fall on me and my little rabbits foot will be all anyone can see.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Argyll

You can make as much noise as you like, but this is the nature of the beast, the internet is what it is and if you use it you have to accept it.

Personally I use my real name in many places/sites on the internet, I'm not bothered who knows it, I don't engage in anything illegal or underhand so why should I be bothered if anyone knows who I am.

I believe the internet is still in it's infancy and I reckon that in a few more years every bodies experience of it will be totally unique in far more ways than it is today, that can only be achieved by gathering personal information and habits from each and every user, you may not like it, you may rail against it, but you've got as much chance of banning motor cars as you have of keeping all your details off-line if you want to use the internet to it's, as yet, unfulfilled potential.

I also use my real name in 90% of what I do. And if you google my screen name and yes it is the same nick I have used for years even in the early days you will see a lot about me and can track me down with my real name as they are linked due to blogs and what not. But when I post on FB I try and post what matters to me. I post all of the LavaBit information I can find and many other things that would put me on a "list". But at this point let them come. I want to make a difference, I want people to see what the world is becoming and if that means they have my name and they know I try to get people up in arms so be it.

Crash aka Tom

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

People concerned about privacy still have facebook accounts?

The saying, If it is free you are not a customer you are the product, comes to mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by overratedpatriotism

ROFL.... I keep telling my wife that as she keeps going back. It's "free" but selling her Soul for information and metrics on herself is the real price for the hours of time sink.

I have to use Facebook in very limited ways right now for professional reasons but literally not 1 second longer than I MUST be on that place for that unavoidable reason ..and yeah, I do hate even that much contact with the Hoover of the Social Nets.

Somewhere along the line they convinced people that making a site was silly or wouldn't do as well...Err.. Opinions vary I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join