It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal weapon: This is the gun that is killing America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSteve1234

The only automatic gun I would go for is a mounted one. A turret on the top of my house would be cool. I don't like handheld automatics, too much of a pain to control the aim and ammo use.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It really surprises me how NO ONE who knows what they are doing has gone nuts and assaulted a non gun area.
How bad would it have really been if a trained shooter went off? Let's just say it would be rather obvious and the body count would be way higher.

But,we don't do that because WE are trained to protect not murder. I would imagine Romania's internal functions still have secret police who would stop by if someone caused an issue such as going after a school.
Owning guns isn't a mistake. It's our right.After coming out from under the Rodina you'd think some one would SEE the difference but,Europeans are becoming so ...homogenous anyway,naturally our guns are unpopular in countries that have known a caste existence. So O.C. on cultural order.Not our decadent chaos,our insubordinate attitudes and arrogant natures,just a sense of placid order.
Pheh! Keep it.
edit on 10-11-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSteve1234

A couple of problems. The majority of soldiers are equipped with semi automatic weapons, one pull, one shot. Some have burst fire, usually three rounds per trigger pull. An automatic weapon is usually handed to a designated gunner. Who trains specifically in maintenance, operation, and use of that weapon. I guess there are still John Wayne types out there, who think they can grab up a .50 Ma Duce, and do a walking assault. Got news for them, even the air cooled .30 caliber, light machine gun tended to wander all over the landscape, if not in a tripod or secure mount. Only the M-60, could be used Rambo style, but only one not one for each hand. It takes two hands to keep it some what on target.
University of Texas, early 60's. Sniper climbed the clock tower and took to shooting people are random, with a bolt action rifle. The weapon of choice in mass shootings is not totally relevant to the incident, just a means to an end. Mass killings have been carried out with kitchen knives, cleavers, and clubs. No body outside of the military should be allowed to have or use an automatic weapon, there is no situation it is suitable to use in. Riots, etc, get calls for the National Guard as a military force with State Police powers. The single causality of the 1964 Riot in Rochester, NY, was caused by a National Guard .50 caliber, mounted. at a road bock.
Now, lastly, I prefer a rifle that takes the game down, with a single maybe two rounds. The M-16 is a varmint caliber, .223, useful for squirrels, if you are into squirrel stew, rabbits and such. A deer requires a minimum .30 caliber round, for one, two round kills. Notice I said kills. Any other use of a rifle is either showing off or murder or torture. Wounded animals, even if successfully tracked, are usually in pain. I am lazy, tracking is such a pain for me at my age. No sense in two of us being in pain.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

SpaDe_
I really expected to open this and see an article based on obesity and fast food restaurants across the US. Last time I checked heart disease was still the #1 killer in the US, so no it's not AR15's that are killing America because many are doing a good job of that all on their own.

edit on 11/4/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

The 120 killed in 2011 by automatic rifles doesn't seem like #1 when knives were about 2000 and even hand/feet was about 800....hehe

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyjack

DO SOME MORE STUDYING ON TERMINAL BALLISTICS.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
amertica is being attacked by china secretly with haarp, they are making tornados america should put a fut in there ass

i have explained particleization and how ufos work as well as mindcontrol on my webpage www.vbmscode.com..., basicaly im also suffering from mind control it started as an interogation but later they started to torture me i found out about how ufos work and publish it as well as things like the glocke, i know about the casified stuff and i want others to know

paticleization: www.vbmscode.com...

how ufos work: www.vbmscode.com...

the glocke: www.vbmscode.com...

mind control: www.vbmscode.com...

lets gather and spread the information so that people know about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Xtrozero
The 120 killed in 2011 by automatic rifles doesn't seem like #1 when knives were about 2000 and even hand/feet was about 800....hehe

About twice as many people in a given year, around 700, get killed on their damn bicycle every year as compared to any type of rifle. I'm still waiting for Congress to propose a ban on bicycles, evil rolling death traps that they are.

edit on 16-11-2013 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join