It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a picture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Just a picture for some to take think about, thought it spoke volume so thought I'd share it. Have a good day ATS

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Hi

I like it. We could add Hitler, the IRA... the Christian list goes on and on. It's too easy to focus on the extremists though and start hating whole groups, none of whom we have ever met.

Good post, thanks for that reminder x

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Who says they do? I certainly don't. But I do see that they represent a large portion of the violent aspect of that religion which hides itself under the skirt of the moderate muslim people.

Do the former images call on all christians to attack all non-christians?

Do we see thousands and thousands of protesting christians in streets burning effigies of muslim leaders, burning down mosques, targetting foreign nationals in embassies, destroying their own buildings in protest, sparked into action by a single ignorant persons actions?

Do we see world wide rioting when a teacher calls a teddy bear "jesus", and call for her beheading?

Do we see those folk in the images at the top claim to be speaking to all christians and then calling on them to fight to the death?

or are they just self serving white chrsitian morons?

Can you count how many christians hold those men as religious leaders, voices of the word of their god, and take their calls to action seriously? Hiding books written by them in dark bookstores, sold only to 'devout' christians?

Come on, thats a stupid image...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The entire comparison is 'stupid' as the previous poster noted. Because of internetiosis you believe anything and everything you see and hear. The reason that young men join the factions of radical Islam is far too broad based to compare with carnal Christians concerned only with making a buck. The biggest majority join groups like al qedia because they are uneducated and really have nothing better to do-it's just a job. If you would take the time to educate yourself about Islam, instead of believing everything the internet media tells you, it would be clear how silly these compares are.

Anyone who thinks the Fuhrer should be added to this list is simply ignorant of history.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

spooky24

Anyone who thinks the Fuhrer should be added to this list is simply ignorant of history.

That'll be me then. Sorry to disappoint, but Hitler was raised (and baptized) by a Catholic mother. And just as he is in no way demonstrative of the Christian populace, nor are the above Muslim men demonstrative of all who call themselves Muslim.

Which was really the point of the picture.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

winofiend
Who says they do? I certainly don't. But I do see that they represent a large portion of the violent aspect of that religion which hides itself under the skirt of the moderate muslim people.

It really is an artificial conversation. The premier terrorist organization in the entire world .... is the DoD. They are not muslim and it appears they are not Christian either. If fact, they are talking badly about both groups.

You talk about violence? What group in recent history laid down violent plans for taking down 7 countries in 5 years?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by n00bUK

Do we see thousands and thousands of protesting christians in streets burning effigies of muslim leaders, burning down mosques, targetting foreign nationals in embassies, destroying their own buildings in protest, sparked into action by a single ignorant persons actions?

Do we see world wide rioting when a teacher calls a teddy bear "jesus", and call for her beheading?

Do we see those folk in the images at the top claim to be speaking to all christians and then calling on them to fight to the death?

or are they just self serving white chrsitian morons?

Can you count how many christians hold those men as religious leaders, voices of the word of their god, and take their calls to action seriously? Hiding books written by them in dark bookstores, sold only to 'devout' christians?

Come on, thats a stupid image...

Yes.

EDL.

My area alone there has been multiple mosques brunt down, Muslims attacked (in fact, anything that looks "pakistani" in my area gets randomly attacked on dark nights)

My area and yours are two different words
Trust me.

I went school with one of the 7/7 bombers, I have met another several times. My school was near enough 90% muslim. I had areas in ym schools where only certain muslims went. My environment and yours are completely different, things that happen over here are not reported, just like the muslim men who attack white people in Brixton, it happens just as much up here in Leeds - Both white mend & Muslim.

This picture means allot to me, because as bad as my area is, I know I can't label all Muslims the same. If I did, I may as well label all Christians pedophiles, kiddy fiddlers etc.

But yeah, you keep thinking that way

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
S&F OP

I think that picture says it all.

All to often people try to paint the 1.3 billion Muslims on this planet with the same brush that the paint the minority of Muslims practice a perversion the faith with the same brush. It is wrong and it is not right, that because of the sins of a view some perceive the entire faith as being violently perverted. Islam is a wonderful religion in its truest form just like Christianity and all faiths. To denounce any group of peoples because of the actions of a fringe minority of outcasts is culturally ignorant and at times, hurtful.

It is sad in a way however that you posted this in the "war on terrorism" forum, I think that says quite a lot about how some view modern Muslims. In the west i think that to a degree the word "Islam" has became synonymous with the word "terrorist".

I know this was not your intention, I am just making a observation.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The difference is that the majority of Christians will decry those men. The majority of Muslims simply WILL NOT state that they unequivocally don't support the Muslims in the picture.

Sorry...not the same (I am NOT Christian or Muslim, but see the difference clearly).

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

It is sad in a way however that you posted this in the "war on terrorism" forum, I think that says quite a lot about how some view modern Muslims. In the west i think that to a degree the word "Islam" has became synonymous with the word "terrorist".

I know this was not your intention, I am just making a observation.

I chose to put it in this forum for that exact reason; how people perceive the whole religion. I.e Muslims are seen as a race, and that race is known for terrorism only.

Which is absolutely disgusting.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Metallicus
The difference is that the majority of Christians will decry those men. The majority of Muslims simply WILL NOT state that they unequivocally don't support the Muslims in the picture.

Sorry...not the same (I am NOT Christian or Muslim, but see the difference clearly).

I'm sorry, you've been fed a lie.

Also, even the other end of your statement isn't entirely true. I've heard tonnes and tonnes of support for Breivek online, even from popular (but still bigoted, obviously) personalities, usually with the weak caveat at the start that they don't support what he did (which they then go around and support anyway). Pastor Terry usually has loads of support as well. WBC has become something of a joke now, but again, even on these forums (and off) I know several individuals who support his teachings, if not his methods. I don't know who the individual on the far right is, so I can't comment on that.

new topics

top topics

join