It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching THE WALKING DEAD???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I really like that show. Mind you season 1 was the best, this season I'm not keen on. They should have left the prison by now. I'm so sick of that prison. It's just dumb.

I understand they're trying to follow some of the comics or something like that but still I kinda feel like they should just go with what's most exciting. I like when they go out exporing and stuff like that. But when they're sitting around at the prison, like in season 2 at the farm house, that's just so dumb.

they need to have a whole season where they're just on the move day after day scoping out new ground, running into other gangs, and they really should party more. I don't understand why they don't. Like no one ever has sex, no one ever drinks, they never have parties, never have fun. That's so dumb.

I'm kinda into that whole thing though. I like apocalypse movies, books, shows, anything like that. It just seems so exciting because it's like you're someone who's trying to survive against all odds. It's an interesting thought. But in some respect it's a bit fake too.

Like when you really think about it, if most people were actually gone and stuff, well life sure wouldn't get harder. It would actually get tons easier. All you'd have to do is take your pick of a nice estate home with high walls, and just live there. And if everyone was gone and stuff you would be free to gather up the food that's left from other houses and stuff. Like I couldn't see life getting that much harder. It wouldn't make any sense, as you'd have free reign to tons of resources that are left I'd imagine. But then again who knows, like if somehow thing got picked clean everywhere, maybe things might get more challenging.

But again, you just grow gardens and stuff and raise chickens, goats, and rabbits. That would be kinda a interesting way to live in some respect.

but anyway, ya I like that show. So far I like season 1, then 3, then 4, then 2. Season 4 is coming around, it's got potential. But I just think they need more action scenes, running around more, being chased, and more traveling, and more partying. That would really spice up the show.

Like it gets kinda boring when everything they do is all serious, and all about survival. Like no one's having sex, no ones partying, they have no fun. it makes no sense. And they only have that 1 attractive girl on there left. They got to get more attractive babes on there, and get the ultra serious types to lighten up a bit. Like the Governer had more a right idea. Like they were vigillant but they still had fun. This group is serious, serious, and more serious. Ahhhhh get serious!!!

And they should have much more indepth plaught lines. It's kinda lame the type of plaught lines they have. They need new writers. Like one guys a secret alcholoic, whooo ding. Machan or whatever her name is was riding out a lot to try and find the governer. And just a lot of very boring little plaught lines. Like even if they did those plaught lines why not write up some unique reasons why they're doing what they're doing. And write in some crazy and unpredictable things. Like if you watch Sons of Anarchy, every friggin show is like that. I can't even watch that show anymore because it's way too brutal. Makes me sick. But like TWD should be more twists and turns, not just more pridictablility. Kinda gets boring. The shows actually gonna die out at this rate. It's gotton too predictable, weak plaught lines, no fun, no new characters, no new home bases. Just wish they'd try and do more with it. But then again it's a tricky show to write, because it's like where are they going with it. I could see this being the last season if they dont try and make some changes.

Oh I found this zombie game: www.zombiegames.net...
I haven't tried it yet but it's like a flash game so at least it's easy to play. Trying to load a real game and get it work properly on a PC these days is like pulling teeth. I don't get it! You shouldn't need to be rocket scientist to get a fracking PC game to work. It's like patch this, update this, download that, adjust this that and the other thing etc etc etc. And still they don't work! What the hell.

So what do you think of season 4 so far???

The good ole days when the show was actually kinda scary, exciting and a bit of a thrill ride.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

They are going to do a spin off that is independent od the comics, but set in the same world.

So there will be two shows.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

spartacus699
I really like that show. Mind you season 1 was the best, this season I'm not keen on. They should have left the prison by now. I'm so sick of that prison. It's just dumb.

Interesting that you liked season 1 the best.

The show runner fired all the writing staff after season 1 and put a general call out for new writers.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The comics, games and show have always been character-centric and how they change grow and interact with each other during this crisis. The zombies are the thing that draws these people together and are in a sense a character collectively themselves.

If you watch the show in the perspective of the people who are alive with how and what they are doing to survive and how much they change in this new world it works better.

I like all of the seasons and shows. I like seeing how each character grows and changes to suit the needs of the group.

I must say that Michonne is a badass. That is all.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

George Romero has said that The Walking Dead is a soap opera with zombies. I tend to believe him. I think that the show started getting stale during season 2, but gems kept popping up so I continued to watch it.

This season though is not good at all. It's very generic.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

They are going to do a spin off that is independent od the comics, but set in the same world.

So there will be two shows.

Wow that would be really cool! I got to check that out

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Pinke

spartacus699

Interesting that you liked season 1 the best.

The show runner fired all the writing staff after season 1 and put a general call out for new writers.

Season 1 was the best, there was mystery, suspense, the formulation of indepth pluaghts, they're were affairs, and still lots of very hair raising scenes and action galore. Then season 2 a safe farm, season 3 even more safe prison, and again, still safe at the prison. It's rediculous! They should be running and gunning every show while dealing with plaughts between the characters. And they need some hot chicks in there, and some fun blended in. At least that one girl is gone, I'm kinda glad she was such a drag on the show.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You know who coined the term "The Walking Dead" originally? A guy named Les Brown in one of his motivational speaches. He said something like "They're the walking dead...." (refering to people that have no dreams in life).

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
i have to agree..this season is kind of blah...been there, done that...

But I wasn't at all prepared for Rick to give Carol the boot. He can say its because he doesnt trust her but I tend to think it's more that he's intimidated by her determination and decisiveness...he can see a replay of what happened with the power struggle between him and Shane.

I kept expecting her to pull a knife and take him out, without even blinking. lol!

And yeah..so sick of the prison. lol! With all of the empty houses they raid, you’d think they could find some sweet gated community and get set up. Clearly they don’t know the Atlanta metro too well.
I have no idea why they left Woodbury, I mean really..who walks away from their hard fought spoils of war!?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well I guess when it boils down he made the right call, because if that black guy found out she'd be in trouble. He might kill her. I don't know if I'd want to be totally on my own. Maybe like a group of 4 or 5 or something would be good. Ya it's still interesting but the writing is so weak. Like they have a few plaught lines with no depth, or surprises to them. No twists, turns or anything. Like I just don't get it. They need a new writer big time.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good thing you are not a professional critic because anyone who chimes over and over again that there needs to be more sex and hot girls, just can't be taken very seriously. Oh, and more drinking!

Because when your life is going to be on the line at any second, you should be inebriated to handle it. *rolls eyes*.

In other words, you want the people to do exactly the opposite of what they would do in actual survival situations. Leave safe places for adventure, not set up a food sources, party all the time so they can be caught off guard, and have babies that can be killed in front of them.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

kosmicjack
i have to agree..this season is kind of blah...been there, done that...

But I wasn't at all prepared for Rick to give Carol the boot. He can say its because he doesnt trust her but I tend to think it's more that he's intimidated by her determination and decisiveness...he can see a replay of what happened with the power struggle between him and Shane.

I kept expecting her to pull a knife and take him out, without even blinking. lol!

And yeah..so sick of the prison. lol! With all of the empty houses they raid, you’d think they could find some sweet gated community and get set up. Clearly they don’t know the Atlanta metro too well.
I have no idea why they left Woodbury, I mean really..who walks away from their hard fought spoils of war!?

But would gated communities work without electricity?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I really find the whole thing with Carol odd. But then the writers are not epidemiologists. If they were, they would know that disease had already spread even with Carol killing the only 2 showing symptoms of the time.

I think Rick made the right decision. most likely it was written that way to find a way to get rid of a main character without killing her the usual way this time.

This is starting to get like GOT, you like a character, they die. Though if they kill Daryl, we riot.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

It's too bad they don't have like one element of the group that are sort of "the wild childs". And they cause havoc amoungst everyone else who are all survivalists and so serious about everything. Like they're the fun and somewhat irresponsible element of the group. I'd really like to see that, rather than every character being such stone cold killers. I get the impression we're gonna be forced to watch another prison season. That bugs me because I know it just boils down to the idea that location shoots are far easier so they used the farm, now the prison and stuff. They need to move it though to somewhere new, it's all too safe otherwise.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

nixie_nox
I really find the whole thing with Carol odd. But then the writers are not epidemiologists. If they were, they would know that disease had already spread even with Carol killing the only 2 showing symptoms of the time.

I think Rick made the right decision. most likely it was written that way to find a way to get rid of a main character without killing her the usual way this time.

This is starting to get like GOT, you like a character, they die. Though if they kill Daryl, we riot.

I can't believe how many main characters they've killed off. It's REDUCLOUS! I wish they'd stop doing that. We're down to just like 4 or 5 main characters left. ahhhhh

top topics

join