It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA's Newest Privacy Invasion Rules - You Will Not LIke This

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Hum, been a women, with a young daughter and exposed abuses by the TSA, I would chose the checks without the invasion of privacy, but then again what we have left is the x rays machines, so lets see, radiation or molestation, hard decision, I guess, if I have to travel domestic I will rather drive and take the time to see the beauty of my country.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Snarl

daryllyn

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by elouina

Sounds like road tripping is the way to go. See the sights! See the country! Get some fresh air! Get your kicks on Route 66!
edit on 11/4/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

You got that right!

I vowed not to fly since the advent of the airport grope. I thought the groping was too far but, these parameters are just.. wow.

If you won't fight that at the airport this week ... are you going to fight it at the bus terminal next week ... or at the port of your cruise ship the week after? What about at the border patrol checkpoint 180 miles from Mexico next month?

I haven't flown since 2002. Even right after 9/11, I could fly without being molested or harassed. Just had all of my stuff searched, a simple walk through the metal detector and I was on my way. I won't ever get on a plane again until the invasive measures come to an end. I fight it, by refusal to fly, and if many more people started to join me, then we as a people (who do have the power) could ground planes and start putting airlines out of business.

I guarantee, if thousands upon thousands a day just STOPPED flying, the airlines would be doing something to put a stop to the invasive pat downs and privacy issues. Until then, all of this will stay.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

jimmyx
let me ask all of you that are so outraged by this........if you were flying your family to NY, and there was a choice of 2 separate planes to board....one is with no TSA checks, and one with TSA checks, which plane would you and your family board?

I would be pleased as punch to return to the methods used, post 9/11 before enhanced pat downs began. Muslim women are not touched below the shoulder area, I would like the same exact treatment too.

A friend of mine who just flew out of SEATAC on Saturday said that the woman grabbed her breasts, not just run her hands over them, grabbed, then ran her hands between her thighs and grabbed there. She said she cried after getting on the plane, because she felt molested and has said she will not be flying again. It was sad because she had to go to Seattle to bury her mother.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Taissa
I haven't flown since 2002. Even right after 9/11, I could fly without being molested or harassed. Just had all of my stuff searched, a simple walk through the metal detector and I was on my way. I won't ever get on a plane again until the invasive measures come to an end. I fight it, by refusal to fly, and if many more people started to join me, then we as a people (who do have the power) could ground planes and start putting airlines out of business.

I guarantee, if thousands upon thousands a day just STOPPED flying, the airlines would be doing something to put a stop to the invasive pat downs and privacy issues. Until then, all of this will stay.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. As a good and conscientious American I applaud your effort. Doing anything (even if it is not doing something) is better than not taking a stand against the tyranny we face. Your post today was your stand and others heard it.

The airplanes will continue to fly without passengers. Their profit margins may not be as wide. But, if we hit 'em hard enough ... and long enough ... they may come around in time. Let's just hope it can be peacefully accomplished.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Thank you. I've been told plenty, that my idea of not flying is silly.
I do believe that if we could hit them where it hurts (money wise), we could change things.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Hi Snarl,

I agree with everything you have said so far, I just read your last reply and have a question if you please.
You say, you hope its peacefully accomplished, referring to policy change.

What is the "non peaceful" alternative to what you are talking about?

I'm just wondering.

Personally my blood boils at all this, and having a family member who works in the TSA and spews more lines of utter BS from their mouths about how they are the ultimate shield "tip of the spear" type of organization just kills me.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

We as a family have not flown since 2005 for the exact reason you stated so well.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is almost like evolution. Humans have a short-term memory. The system is changed and within a few short decades the people who accept TSA will be the norm. Children won't remember how it used to be and some people will stop resisting. At that time, any suggestion of going back will be regarded as loony.

Think Hitler but without the war. Draconian policies without bloodshed.

I think the principle driver of all this is technology. Technology is allowing us to observe and examine (even autonomously) things we couldn't dream of doing before. We're, over time at least, justifying the technology because of the security. Over time, we become convinced that we could not live without the technology, unless we sacrificed modern life in favor of living like cavemen - which is unthinkable.

Technology is making us into human-machine hybrids. More and more parts of nature are controlled by humans, but the technology is shaping our evolution as much as we're shaping it. To use the machine, we had to adopt some of its traits.
edit on 4-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Here is the list of things they will investigate prior to your arrival at the airport.

private employment information
property ownership records
physical characteristics
travel history
vehicle registrations
tax identification numbers
past travel itineraries
law enforcement information
“intelligence” information
passport numbers
frequent flier information
other “identifiers” linked to DHS database

Sounds like lockdown. Something is brewing in America, hard to deny anymore. I can't think of a single adult influence in my younger years who would have read this and believed it.

It just wasn't kosher. There were certain things you could ask someone (whether directly or indirectly) without offending them to "high heaven" (As mom would say).

Grandparents? Pfft. Glad they are dead.

They wouldn't be able to cope with something like this. They lived through the wars and they lived through peacetime, and they would say this is very indicative of wartime.

War at home or abroad is the question. The only reason they need that much information on people is to keep a large demographic out. Or tracked. A small threat is manageable without such drastic tactics.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

juspassinthru

Starling
Or take a train ride.
Then you just sit there, get fed, sleep in your cabin by night and see the country roll by, by day.
You can totally renounce any form off responsibility and let your thoughts unfold.
You could read a book...profoundly and uninterrupted.
You could write a book, or a blog and do a little photography to illustrate your thoughts.
Take a train...and let a train take you!
The TSA, CIA, NSA and DHS haven't quite caught up on trains yet; don't give them any ideas though!

I've read articles where the TSA is periodically operating on trains. Periodically at bus stations too. Like a metastasizing cancer, they are spreading. Like a cancer, we are going to have to deal with them, eventually.

The day they become permanently installed at bus and train stations is the day the US goes east Germany. Simple as that. No denying it then. But I suppose we won't be talking about it because censorship will have to ride the coattails.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

And all that wonderful information they have access to, will be sold in the black market. ID theft galore.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

One thing i found when traveling in the USA, cops and TSA and other officials (except air hostess') never smile. Its like, looking grumpy and unhelpful is part of the training. I really noticed it compared to other "secure" places and other air ports around the world. "Im here to help, but i look like if you say anything to me im going to find a reason to arrest you"

They don't care about making tourists feel comfortable, or even the slightest bit welcome.
Many Canadians refuse to cross the border for cheaper shopping, after their first "adventure" dealing with cops, tsa, or border guards.
It's just not worth the hassle....

Still lots do still go there though, even to move there, housing prices are cheap some places. I'm mystified by the masochism ......

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I had no idea this existed. JFC, this is ridiculous.
We don't own a vehicle in our household, but this would be a huge travel deterrent if we did. At least it would be on interstates. How would they enforce the dragnetting on backroads & through smaller towns? It's very possible to get around via backroads & bodunk towns here in FL - - we used to to avoid heavy interstate traffic when we had a car. So naturally, I'm wondering how long it would be until they saturate those alternate routes, too.

jimmyx
let me ask all of you that are so outraged by this........if you were flying your family to NY, and there was a choice of 2 separate planes to board....one is with no TSA checks, and one with TSA checks, which plane would you and your family board?

I'll travel with no checks, TYVM. I have a significantly greater chance of dying being struck by lightning than I do from any terrorism goals on board.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This caught my eye on reading this...

“Secure Flight has successfully used information provided to airlines to identify and prevent known or suspected terrorists or other individuals on no-fly lists from gaining access to airplanes or secure areas of airports,” the security agency said in a statement.

Which known terrorists have they stopped from boarding a plane? I have been racking my brain and googling but I just haven't found or remembered any case of the TSA stopping known terrorists from boarding planes.

Also, I am glad I don't have to fly into the US for business and I sure as heck won't be doing it for pleasure. If I have to travel anywhere in the US, I'll drive. I've only been stopped once at the US border for anything more than checking my passport and even then, I was in and out of the offices in less than ten minutes.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe this is why I always "win" the "random" pat-down.

No lie, the last six times I got swabbed and patted. To the point I have started saying "And now, for the surprise random pat-down buzzer" as I walk through the machine. The last guy said, "Sir, do you have any...wait, it's the random pat down notice. How the hell did you know that was going to happen?"

"Here's your hint...it's not totally random"

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

GAOTU789
This caught my eye on reading this...

“Secure Flight has successfully used information provided to airlines to identify and prevent known or suspected terrorists or other individuals on no-fly lists from gaining access to airplanes or secure areas of airports,” the security agency said in a statement.

Which known terrorists have they stopped from boarding a plane? I have been racking my brain and googling but I just haven't found or remembered any case of the TSA stopping known terrorists from boarding planes.

Also, I am glad I don't have to fly into the US for business and I sure as heck won't be doing it for pleasure. If I have to travel anywhere in the US, I'll drive. I've only been stopped once at the US border for anything more than checking my passport and even then, I was in and out of the offices in less than ten minutes.

You are asking the rights questions. You didn't hear about them because they were being hidden from us so Obama could go on TV and pronounce terrorism is dead. Remember the whole Journalists being spied on business? This was because a news agency released info about a second underwear bomber.

Now I have a question here no one will be able to answer. So, this new program is keeping people already on the NO FLY LIST, from flying? Can anyone here explain this utter stupidity?

In other words, just use the darn no fly list and save our privacy and their time and effort.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Time to start driving. Find the most fuel efficient car available (assuming not electric) and drive. Force them out of the airports. (Disable the black box while you're at it.)

When the airlines can't make money and can't pay their terminal fees they won't be able to cover the TSA agents standing around #ing with people.

Of course, eventually they will add TSA and TSA VIPR teams to the roadways. It's only a matter of time, and expect by 2014 the current square is going to push people over the brink.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

you don't have any constitutional rights boarding a privately owned airplane at a privately own airport. I checked...it's not in there.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

elouina
Looks like we missed a big story at ATS, unless my countless searches here and at Google have failed me. The TSA has expanded their powers once more. Your privacy violations at the hands of the TSA's will hit a new high. Now they will dig through a huge list of information about you prior to your arrival at the airport.

This is a mockery of our constitutional rights. This is a police state! I used to love to travel, but it has been a long time since I have been on a plane. Now? I flat out refuse to ever fly again! So what does everyone else here think? Should we give away more of our privacy to be secure? And if so, where will it stop? If they tacked a video recorder on our foreheads just think how much safer we will all be. Grr...

Privacy groups contacted by The New York Times expressed concern over the security agency’s widening reach.

“I think the best way to look at it is as a pre-crime assessment every time you fly,” said Edward Hasbrouck, a consultant to the Identity Project, one of the groups that oppose the prescreening initiatives. “The default will be the highest, most intrusive level of search, and anything less will be conditioned on providing some additional information in some fashion.”

Here is the list of things they will investigate prior to your arrival at the airport.

• private employment information
  • property ownership records
  • physical characteristics
  • travel history
  • vehicle registrations
  • tax identification numbers
  • past travel itineraries
  • law enforcement information
  • “intelligence” information
  • passport numbers
  • frequent flier information
  • other “identifiers” linked to DHS database

Security Check Now Starts Long Before You Fly Michael Stravato for The New York Times

edit on 4-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Google does not make it easy to get links on stories stories the MSM leaves out of their Daily Narrative for whatever the reasons are.

duckduckgo.com...

I use DuckDuckGo search. It is as fast as bing, google, ect. Plus it gives variety of sources you don't find on other search engines unless you willing to look hard. Plus they Don't Track, Don't Bubble, and market themselves as such.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by jimmyx

The one WITHOUT TSA especially if I had a young girl.

and every two bit terrorist would be flying with you also...good luck with that...I can see the advertisements now... "if you want freedom from the TSA"...fly (Allah Akbar) airlines, your freedom from searches guaranteed.

edit on 7-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join