It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA's Newest Privacy Invasion Rules - You Will Not LIke This

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Looks like we missed a big story at ATS, unless my countless searches here and at Google have failed me. The TSA has expanded their powers once more. Your privacy violations at the hands of the TSA's will hit a new high. Now they will dig through a huge list of information about you prior to your arrival at the airport.

This is a mockery of our constitutional rights. This is a police state! I used to love to travel, but it has been a long time since I have been on a plane. Now? I flat out refuse to ever fly again! So what does everyone else here think? Should we give away more of our privacy to be secure? And if so, where will it stop? If they tacked a video recorder on our foreheads just think how much safer we will all be. Grr...

Privacy groups contacted by The New York Times expressed concern over the security agency’s widening reach.

“I think the best way to look at it is as a pre-crime assessment every time you fly,” said Edward Hasbrouck, a consultant to the Identity Project, one of the groups that oppose the prescreening initiatives. “The default will be the highest, most intrusive level of search, and anything less will be conditioned on providing some additional information in some fashion.”

Here is the list of things they will investigate prior to your arrival at the airport.

• private employment information
  • property ownership records
  • physical characteristics
  • travel history
  • vehicle registrations
  • tax identification numbers
  • past travel itineraries
  • law enforcement information
  • “intelligence” information
  • passport numbers
  • frequent flier information
  • other “identifiers” linked to DHS database

Security Check Now Starts Long Before You Fly Michael Stravato for The New York Times

edit on 4-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Total Surveillance of everything you do, everywhere you go, by multiple agencies.
Also, after the shooting at LAX last week, I suspect they'll very soon be arming TSA staff. All that purchasing of arms, ammo and stuff isn't for nothing and, I suspect, was already planned but just needed a catalyst event to push through. So, no more grumbling under your breath about the failed burger flippers in blue shirts, it could get you shot if they suspect you are a threat to their personal safety by looking at them "funny".

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Papers Please!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Britguy
Total Surveillance of everything you do, everywhere you go, by multiple agencies.
Also, after the shooting at LAX last week, I suspect they'll very soon be arming TSA staff. All that purchasing of arms, ammo and stuff isn't for nothing and, I suspect, was already planned but just needed a catalyst event to push through. So, no more grumbling under your breath about the failed burger flippers in blue shirts, it could get you shot if they suspect you are a threat to their personal safety by looking at them "funny".

This wouldn't surprise me, and what is scarier than a terrorist, is the thought of these stupid morons that they hire carrying guns.

It is one think being on a terrorist watch list. Now we are all guilty of being terrorists before we even go out our doors. These are all warrant-less searches to boot. How can this be legal? How can anything the TSA does be legal?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sounds like road tripping is the way to go. See the sights! See the country! Get some fresh air! Get your kicks on Route 66!
edit on 11/4/2013 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If they were worried about terrorists we wouldn't have an open border where millions have waltzed over without a health or background check.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I been using that same reply for years. Wanna know something?
They will ignore it- they will always ignore it.
They cant answer that question. Ever.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

But they just want their passengers safe. What's wrong with that?

Good thing I don't fly.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by elouina

Sounds like road tripping is the way to go. See the sights! See the country! Get some fresh air! Get your kicks on Route 66!

Exactly what my buddy and I did, we started up a business that takes people on bus trips from NC to Atlantic City, NJ
Why fly and deal with the TSA???

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by elouina

Or take a train ride.
Then you just sit there, get fed, sleep in your cabin by night and see the country roll by, by day.
You can totally renounce any form off responsibility and let your thoughts unfold.
You could read a book...profoundly and uninterrupted.
You could write a book, or a blog and do a little photography to illustrate your thoughts.
Take a train...and let a train take you!
The TSA, CIA, NSA and DHS haven't quite caught up on trains yet; don't give them any ideas though!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

I guess you've missed the DHS/TSA teams that will arrive, take full control of a train platform or station with no notice and "train" by doing near airport level screening on people going on and off the trains for awhile. Then they are gone again. They've been doing that for at least a couple years now.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're kidding, right?

Note to Homer: I'm not risking a bus ride with you if Wrabbit's not pulling my leg.

Give it to Obamarama for showing us how you can take Republican policies to an extreme At least most of the Police State agencies are wrapped up under the DHS. It'll make a Tea Party or Libertarian decision very simple, won't it?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Not sure this added pre crime assessment is going to thwart much considering these recent shooters weren't on a concern list/ being monitored correctly.
And if,

The prescreening, some of which is already taking place, is described in documents the T.S.A. released to comply with government regulations about the collection and use of individuals’ data, but the details of the program have not been publicly announced. Op Source

It's maybe already taking place, what happened last week? Sure enough they are monitoring gun purchases also but not mentioned(?)- with legal transactions and California.

of security regulations, warns that the records may be shared with “a debt collection agency for the purpose of debt collection." Op source

So, if you move they can track you down easier. If you travel a lot you obviously have money to pay them. Is that what it comes to and have to look at with is it even legal.

“The average person doesn’t understand how much intelligence-driven matching is going on and how this could be accessed for other purposes,” said Khaliah Barnes, a lawyer with the Electronic Privacy Information Center, which has fought to block these initiatives. “There’s no meaningful oversight, transparency or accountability.” Op Source

Once again to be used for corruption purposes.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by elouina

Yep, road trips sound better and better by the day no matter how expensive the gas gets! At least until they start implementing roadblock checks: "Why are you crossing the state border? Where are you from? Where are you going? License, insurance, birth certificate, bank statements, finger print, blood sample & first born NOW. It's for all our good."
Ok, that was mostly sarcasm, but it's where I see us going soon enough.

This is getting offensive now. Granted, we don't NEED to travel our country by air, but they're sure aiming to make getting around by it as difficult & unpleasant as they can. I've been told by my friends who use Amtrak to travel to avoid being TSA-groped that they fear the lax train traveling is going to go poof soon, too. I've never used a train service in the US ever, but I'll take their word for it. Which begs the question, how long do we really have before we have state border checkpoints? How long until they start hassling every weekend mariner, for that matter? What damn difference does it make what your job is, slinging burgers or filing paperwork anyway? Who gives a flying poop what car you drive, or property you own?

Scarier yet, how long before they make it practically impossible to leave the country at all? Because that's pretty much the end-goal vibe I've had ever since the TSA's & the ridiculous security measures' inceptions.
edit on 11/4/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Ahhh.. Sorry, I thought we'd all have remembered these. There are threads back in past months somewhere. I recall posting on a couple. Anyway, here are a couple stories with links, starting with the Wiki on what the VIPR teams are.

Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response team (VIPR)

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

TSA rail, subway spot-checks raise privacy issues

I guess with the back to back, non-stop crisis mode our nation seems to be in for one thing after another, it can be real easy to forget things more than a month or two old. Amazing how that's come to work, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

elouina
Now they will dig through a huge list of information about you prior to your arrival at the airport.

Somehow, I think they have been doing this for awhile.

When I got married in Queensland, upon my departure I was singled out from all the other passengers on my flight for a random "explosives test", where they wave a wand over you.

Didn't think much of it until my best man (who left the day before) picked me up at the airport and told me he had also been the only one on his flight picked out for this "random" test. The lucky thing was, earlier that morning before his departure, one of his kids wanted to buy a cap gun. He said no as they couldn't bring it back with them, and in his own words "I would have been stupid enough to fire a shot or two had we got it".

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Night Star
If they were worried about terrorists we wouldn't have an open border where millions have waltzed over without a health or background check.

That's because they aren't. Terrorists could be caught just fine if intelligence officials did their jobs.

The fact is all the terrorists who made it in country were on a watch list by the FBI long before carrying out any actual acts of terrorism.

What the TSA's policies boil down to is money. Not for the lowly agent, but for the guys providing the equipment and for the politicians who stand to benefit.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're kidding, right?

Note to Homer: I'm not risking a bus ride with you if Wrabbit's not pulling my leg.

Give it to Obamarama for showing us how you can take Republican policies to an extreme At least most of the Police State agencies are wrapped up under the DHS. It'll make a Tea Party or Libertarian decision very simple, won't it?

Risking a bus ride? Huh?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

projectvxn
That's because they aren't. Terrorists could be caught just fine if intelligence officials did their jobs.

The fact is all the terrorists who made it in country were on a watch list by the FBI long before carrying out any actual acts of terrorism.

It's not the Intel guys, brother. That's how they made the list. It's the policies that act on those lists we tirelessly produce. Seems TPTB were more interested in lists 'we' didn't produce ... the one's with our names on 'em ... that mysteriously came out in the same format BTW.

projectvxn
What the TSA's policies boil down to is money. Not for the lowly agent, but for the guys providing the equipment and for the politicians who stand to benefit.

Always has been. When I see someone running for office who says he's gonna get rid of oppressive laws ... that guy's gonna get my financial support and my vote. No other.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Snarl
Always has been. When I see someone running for office who says he's gonna get rid of oppressive laws ... that guy's gonna get my financial support and my vote. No other.

So I take it you voted for Obama in 2008 also? LOL.... So who's to say we don't get fooled a second time?

And which of our elected officials will look into the TSA business? Who decided on these new rules?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join