It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restricted calls, internet threats, and police.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

liejunkie01

AmberLeaf

liejunkie01

AmberLeaf

Fed up and slightly innebriated he decided to go online and track the phone call. He is pretty tech savvy so I have no problem believing him.

This is where the story begins to break up. You cannot go online and track restricted numbers, no matter how "tech savvy" you claim to be. This is not possible, so the rest of the story is also fantasy.

Umm, ok...

He did it and he can do it.

Thank you for your reply.

How? Only the police and emergency services have the VERY expensive software that can reveal the number and location of a restricted number.
What would be the point in having restricted numbers if anyone could identify the caller after 10 minutes on google?? Its bs, believe him if you will, but its not possible for a normal person to do.

Following him for 2 weeks...seriously, this isnt the 50s. Too many movies me thinks.

Your screen name does you no favours either to be honest...LieJunkie....you lap up lies then spread them online??
edit on 3-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Do you have anything else better to do than come to my thread and insult me.

I have been a member here for a little while longer than you. I know how it goes. I believe I addressed your type .

Besidesif you want to know what my name means just ask.

Again thank you for your negativity. It shows your real true colors.

Also if a signal has a source it can be tracked.

The defensiveness and inconsistency in your own demeanor doesn't help your credibility. You acknowledged in your initial post that many would likely be skeptical, and even seemed to accept if not invite that skepticism; and yet you meet every instance of it barking or even snarling.

I don't know how easy it is to track an restricted number, or if they use marked police cars for surveillance (or not), but my gut says you are full of it. I've seen "your type" before too.

Or in the vernacular...

Cool story bro.

edit on 5-11-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I can find the phone # of anyone who calls me, even if the caller ID says restricted. There are people who know how or know someone who knows how.
Do you know how caller ID works or are you basing what you are saying on your own knowledge.
edit on 11/5/2013 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

most phone #'s that say resticted on caller id are inside the phone or caller id equipment.
edit on 11/5/2013 by catt3 because: to add more knowledge

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Libertygal

Firstly, keep in mind the forum rules for the forum you are in.

, because they tend to blame a lot of flukes out here on out of date, old equipment.

edit on 5-11-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

Except you didn't explain to me how you are going to get restricted data from any of the scenarios I mentioned?

Feature access codes like *76 are one way to mask a number.. It also has nothing to do with what a company can do. I could order my next PRI at work without CLID , ask the carrier to pass what I send , maybe I would make it easy on you and pass the BTN which could be from any state where we have an account with that carrier but lets say I didn't. You could try every FAC in the world and you wouldn't know anything about where I was originating the call from..

I'll gladly go over how PBX's, Carrier grade switches, SIP Trunking to the PSTN, CO's, ANI/CLID, TFNs, insert some other voice related term here work with you..We could also go back in time some and I can tell you fun stories about when boxes(red, blue , beige and other colors) used to work, or how flash dialing worked, or the pleasure of exploiting a COCOT and how I used to have fun with all that. It doesn't really matter though...

The OP believes what his friend told him and you and I are just arguing semantics so Ill stay focused on the OP. I just dont think using a threat like his friend did in the modern world is smart.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

catt3
I can find the phone # of anyone who calls me, even if the caller ID says restricted. There are people who know how or know someone who knows how.

As opethPA is stating above, its not the same for a large call center as it is for your home phone. I am not completely savvy in how PBX systems work, but when I was in IT one of the guys in my group used to maintain ours at a large call center.

In a call center, you might have thousands of lines going into the the building then into a computer switched PBX system. This is how the system auto-dials you, its how they connect your account information to the call as the agent receives it, etc... They are not issued thousands of phone numbers that correspond with those lines though. As the company only wants one incoming phone number, and not a thousand of them, calls come into the PBX system from one number, and are routed from inside it.

The same applies to outgoing calls, the PBX will assign a number to show on caller ID, or maybe they won't assign one. That is why when you get a call from a business, it could show up with the main company number/name (eg "Home depot 1800-555-5555"), or “Unknown”, “Restricted”, or even a “Spoofed” caller ID name/number (eg. "NonYa! 000-000-0000"). It all depends on what the company has the PBX system set to transmit.

catt3
most phone #'s that say resticted on caller id are inside the phone or caller id equipment.

Not true...
For example police officers may request “restricted” home phone numbers that are untraceable for personal/family protection. Restricted from a big company is most likely from a PBX system as mentioned above. Restricted, unknown, or spoofed numbers can be sent through Voice over Data systems such as online phones. About the only one you can trace back is when someone dials *67, which can be *69'd back to the source.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
BTW... Most of those spoofed, restricted, or unknown numbers that call then hang up are logging actively answered phone numbers to compiled sales lists intended to be sold to advertising clients.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join