It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restricted calls, internet threats, and police.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
First of all if this is the wrong forum mods please move. It involvesa police like state that were in.

I will start this of saying this is a story of a friend of mine.I have known him since the early nineties. We will call him Bob.

Bob told me that a while back he was getting phone calls on his cell phone that said "restricted". So often that it started to be a real inconvenience. He would answer and there would be nothing on the other end.

One night he had a few drinks and "restricted" called again. Fed up and slightly innebriated he decided to go online and track the phone call. He is pretty tech savvy so I have no problem believing him.

Turns out the call originates from a complex/business in California. Mind you we are in Illinois. He gets on Google Earth and finds the location of this place. It turns out there is a small park right across the street. He then procedes to call the number and begins to threaten them. He found the place and the number by the way. The line on the other end picks up but there is no response.

He procedes to tell them he is a mass murderer and has killed many people before. He proceeded to tell them that if they called him one more time that he would set up in the park across the street and start picking them off one by one. This is where he hung up and went about his business.

He told me that a few days later he was driving to another town to pick up his son. He noticed a squad car tailing him. So he did the country detour tactic. Making turns that made no sense. The squad car bever left sightof his rearview mirror.

He went to work the following monday and noticed a squad car parked outside his place of employment, staring at him all day. This continued for two weeks and then ceased.

I can tell you that he was scared crapless, still is.
I believe him because I have done some Google excercises (non threatening) and had an incident.

You don't have to believe me. As a matter of fact I expect the usual remarks.

We have been good friends since highschool and I honestly believe his story. I have been a member here for a while and I'm not known for making up personal stories.

Take it as you wish.

Did they turn him in or did he say the keywords and get red flagged?

Possibly both.

I just wantedto share this with everyone. He is really scared, lol.. and should be. I called him an idiot and I bet he doesn't do it again.

It's way past my bedtime. Feel free to criticize or share your story.

Goodnight fellow ATS members.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Guess I should have said phone threats in the title.

Sorry but I'll leave it be so no one will think i'm changing my story with edits.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Fed up and slightly innebriated he decided to go online and track the phone call. He is pretty tech savvy so I have no problem believing him.

This is where the story begins to break up. You cannot go online and track restricted numbers, no matter how "tech savvy" you claim to be. This is not possible, so the rest of the story is also fantasy.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

online bullying is pretty serious business now a days. saying

"He procedes to tell them he is a mass murderer and has killed many people before. He proceeded to tell them that if they called him one more time that he would set up in the park across the street and start picking them off one by one. This is where he hung up and went about his business"

will get a person police attention. as easily as your friend was able to find the place that placed the phone calls, they in turn can find him.

so, what was the business making the calls?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

Fed up and slightly innebriated he decided to go online and track the phone call. He is pretty tech savvy so I have no problem believing him.

This is where the story begins to break up. You cannot go online and track restricted numbers, no matter how "tech savvy" you claim to be. This is not possible, so the rest of the story is also fantasy.

Umm, ok...

He did it and he can do it.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I have no idea.

I can ask him though.

I will get ahold of him for more details.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
He is very lucky he has not been arrested.. A Continental Airlines Pilot had his father in a rest home in Florida. The rest home was supposed to be one of the better ones. The pilot visited his father every month. He started noticing things about his father's care he did not like so he started complaining. After several complaints to the home and finally to the head quarters (big hotel chain owned the home) about the nursing staff and his father's care with no results he got pissed. He called and made a threat to the owner and was arrested and sentenced to several years in a federal Pen.
Tell your friend this story to give him something to think about... NEVER THREATEN

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

liejunkie01

AmberLeaf

Umm, ok...

How? Only the police and emergency services have the VERY expensive software that can reveal the number and location of a restricted number.
What would be the point in having restricted numbers if anyone could identify the caller after 10 minutes on google?? Its bs, believe him if you will, but its not possible for a normal person to do.

Following him for 2 weeks...seriously, this isnt the 50s. Too many movies me thinks.

Your screen name does you no favours either to be honest...LieJunkie....you lap up lies then spread them online??
edit on 3-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I assure you,

He is scared.

I told him you never threaten on the phone, internet, or verbal.

I don't think he will do it again.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

He went to work the following monday and noticed a squad car parked outside his place of employment, staring at him all day. This continued for two weeks and then ceased.

"Squad" cars are not used for surveillance.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

liejunkie01

AmberLeaf

Umm, ok...

How? Only the police and emergency services have the VERY expensive software that can reveal the number and location of a restricted number.
What would be the point in having restricted numbers if anyone could identify the caller after 10 minutes on google?? Its bs, believe him if you will, but its not possible for a normal person to do.

Following him for 2 weeks...seriously, this isnt the 50s. Too many movies me thinks.

Your screen name does you no favours either to be honest...LieJunkie....you lap up lies then spread them online??
edit on 3-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Do you have anything else better to do than come to my thread and insult me.

I have been a member here for a little while longer than you. I know how it goes. I believe I addressed your type .

Besidesif you want to know what my name means just ask.

Again thank you for your negativity. It shows your real true colors.

Also if a signal has a source it can be tracked.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

intrptr

"Squad" cars are not used for surveillance.

I am aware of the "usual" drills.

I believe just like what happened to me, they make their presence known. Just so you know not to mess around. Besides we are in a small town. Any car parked outside you place of business with some "suit" is highly suspicious.

This isn't the city.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

very cool
thank you

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I believe just like what happened to me, they make their presence known. Just so you know not to mess around.

That doesn't take "two weeks", it takes five minutes. They ring your door bell and run some spiel about something you know is BS like lost pets, or strange noises, whatever. After you shut the door you're in a panic because you know that was BS. But added to other strangeness you see a pattern.

Mision accomplished.

Now behave and stop makin crap up. Hoaxing is not allowed.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
First off, no matter how tech savvy you think your friend is you cannot trace a “restricted call” over the internet (or by any other means as a civilian). In order to find out who is behind a restricted call a police report must be filed, as well as a report with the Call Harassment Bureau linked to the police report number, after this they can activate a pen trap/trace. Even if you get this done, the end user never receives any information on who it was that called them, only the police and the phone company ever get that information.

Additionally, if your friend had actually made such a threat, he would not be followed by the police. The police don't have the time or manpower to be following around people undercover for a phone call. All that investigation would be going on behind the scenes between the company, the police, and the phone company. The first officer he would have seen would have been the one serving the warrant, and taking him into custody.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I have been a member here for a little while longer than you. I know how it goes.
I believe I addressed your type . Besidesif you want to know what my name means just ask. Again thank you for your negativity. It shows your real true colors. Also if a signal has a source it can be tracked.

No i have nothing better to do, but as for insults...where?? Pointing out the impossible lies is not insulting someone, its showing they are possibly ignorant to the tech they speak of, and unaware of how real investigations are conducted.
I never once insulted you, maybe you need to man up and stop taking constructive criticism as insults.
I doubt you have been a member longer, but hey, whatever, does that actually matter in regard to your story?? Ive been a member since 06, this is a second account as i got locked out of my older account...locked out, not banned.

Its not negativity, its pointing out blatant flaws in your story. This is a typical get out for your type, turn the discussion towards something else whilst ignoring the blatant inconsistencies....try and label those that dont agree as "shills" or even "trolls"...i assume thats what you mean by "your type?"

Your friend never identified the "restricted number" by going online...as i said before, its not possible.

Also if a signal has a source it can be tracked

LOL you know how telephones work right?
edit on 4-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

ok - cut to the chase and explain how

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
So I did a little digging to find out if (and how) one could obtain the CLID (caller ID) from a hidden number. Basically the CLID is not set to the phone so IF your friend did this he would have had to hack the local exchange...

That is quite a feat--not something your average "tech savvy" basement dweller can achieve.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
What a noob. When you're doing any kind of phone trolling/threats you use a pay phone + calling card. Never your home or work phone.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Hi

Could there not be a simpler explanation? You said that the company phoned Bob first, so presumably they already had his details. After he called them, and threatened to murder them (?!), they contacted the police.
That would be a fairly expected response for them, I guess.

Did he ever find out who the company were?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join