It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to obe/astral project.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Most of this is was taken from astralforum, before they gone under, lot of
techniques do work, cause I"ve tried them before and experienced all of it.

Here are some exit techniques as well.
infiniteshift.wordpress.com...

OOBE METHOD #1
YO-YO

This OOBE technique is one of my favorites. Before you go to sleep, choose a spot in your bedroom. It can be anything that you are well familiar with: bookshelf, closet, door...Once you've chosen the spot, take a close look at it. Examine it carefully. Pay attention to what it looks like. Touch it and memorize all the sensations. Now, go to sleep. As soon as you wake up, shift your awareness to the spot you had chosen earlier. Visualize it as vividly as you can for about 1 second, and return to your usual focal point and observe the darkness in front of your eyes. Keep staring in the darkness for 1 second and repeat this 2-step visualization over and over again, as if you were a yo-yo moving back and forth. This focal point shifting will likely to cause vibrations and eventually will result in full separation from your body.

OOBE METHOD #2
FREE FALL

Imagine yourself falling down incredibly fast. Try to feel all the sensations that accompany free fall. Feel the speed of your free fall. If you do it right, you might experience vibrations and a general sensation of "not being sure where you are in space." If any of OOBE symptoms occur (vibrations, buzzing noises, voices, rapid heart beat), continue your visualization. When you feel like you are very close to projecting, visualize yourself hitting the ground. Sudden collision can cause a sudden separation from your body.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Mon Nov 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped HUGE quote, added link

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Another important link to stablize as well.. edit soon.

Visit.
www.astralinfo.org...
Some helpful tips once you are out of body, its not the same for everyone.
Some tricks will help you stabilize your dream world more effective.
edit on 3-11-2013 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
edit 3.
All in all, effective way of achieving it is through sleep paralysis, I never had it
before til this year, once I finished up reading about lucid dreaming and astral.
I was able to experience both them prety easily by putting effort into it.

Sleep paralysis tends to scare most people, but once you get used to it,
its becomes normal, nothing scary or pain or scary illusions or sounds
in which may appear real. Discard fear, once you do, rest will
become easy to achieve.

I think other day I went into SP like 4 times in a row, was prety funny.

Other effective way of OBE is deep relaxation without SP, lot
of meditation to relax self. Some people experience it
through yoga for example.

Just so you guys know, there is nothing evil/religious/spirtual about it, its all
in the mind, its what your mind is projecting infront of you.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aerial

Thanks for this post there is an amazing thread here that has heaps of great techniques and experiences shared.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found this thread very helpful and I was almost successful on my very first attempt.
I am about to finish work I will come back and post my experiences when I get home and settled. Until then

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Some of the items mentioned are more of a lucid dreaming state and not your 'normal' spiritual OOB experience.

All very groovy nonetheless.

Thank you for the post.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Just a fair warning if anyone ever successfully astral projects into my living room unannounced I will be exercising my second ammendmant rights to bear arms against a home invasion.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

ChuckNasty
Some of the items mentioned are more of a lucid dreaming state and not your 'normal' spiritual OOB experience.

All very groovy nonetheless.

Thank you for the post.

Unlike lucid dreaming, there is a lot of technique involve, reality checks,
dream recall etc, need to be within your dream to realize it.

You can use SP as a platform to continue on to lucid dreaming.
I believe is forgot how it went, just relax there with eyes closed
during SP, and follow the visuals into your dream(thats where it'll
become lucid)

Now obe is actually "easy" to do. Once enter sleep para, from there
you exit, and there you have, real as day obe, you can even look at your
body, that body is nothing more than a projection in which you are projecting,
you can pop out of body without the body appearing there.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread! I've been trying to do this for months.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

I will try them all to see what works best thanks for posting this.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

Thanks for making this thread, all of the others have been dead for awhile now.

My first experience was with guided meditation, it was very effective. I was
reaxing and visualizing a beautiful lake I was relaxing then I started to get pricking sensations in my feet and legs then moved up to my fingers and arms I started to hear a loud noise it was like a haunting humbuzzing noise that's when the vibrations started and it felt like every inch of my body was vibrating so intensly my heart started to race that is when I freaked out and snapped out of it. I think I was so shocked that it actually worked.

My second experience was completly different. I was listening to some relaxing music I was trying to quiet my mind but I kept loosing focus so instead I decided to stare into the darkness of my eyelids, as I was staring blue and green swirls and patterns started to appear I was watching them as they were moving at a rapid pace changing form then I started to see objects and people but they were like shaddows in a way then I stared to feel like I was spinning around in circles it got so intense that's when I felt my legs and arms floating up, but for some reason I couldn't get my cheast and head out after trying for awhile I gave up and woke up.

I have decided to wait for awhile before I attempt to try again, I feel as though I could use a little more education and get rid of some fears and how to ground and protect myself properly.

I'm so excited to hear everyone elses experiences and techniques.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

karmajayne
reply to post by aerial

My first experience was with guided meditation, it was very effective. I was
reaxing and visualizing a beautiful lake I was relaxing then I started to get pricking sensations in my feet and legs then moved up to my fingers and arms I started to hear a loud noise it was like a haunting humbuzzing noise that's when the vibrations started and it felt like every inch of my body was vibrating so intensly my heart started to race that is when I freaked out and snapped out of it. I think I was so shocked that it actually worked.

I heard of guided meditation, only problem is finding one that "works". I seen a few
interesting mind tricks that work (guided med)but they are to short in length,
wish they would use that as guid meditat.
As for guided medi
hard to find one that works for "me". Since everyone is different, doesnt work
for everybody.

Thats whats nice about meditation or guided, it tricks your brain into
going to bed, it sends signals towards your body to roll over, itch
yourself etc, if you ignore those signals, the brain will send the
ok for SP, send you to dreamy land. Only problem would be is
laying down "perfectly frozen/still", or sitting. Theres so many
techniques, its just tricky to find one that suits ya best.
Before going to bed
You can lay down and practice breathing in and out
,half breaths; and counting the breaths(in mind) for example.

also helps if people have visualizing skills for guid med. Mine arnt that great,
my visual skills work best in lucid dreaming
than reality.

Ooh yes the vibrations/pain/heaviness, they can appear crazy at first, once
you get excited it breaks SP, most remain relax and remind yourself its a dream.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

Very good thread.

Love the flow chart and simplicity.

I hope more people on ATS read this one. s+f

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i looked into AP 4/5 months back and was just falling asleep, i forgot about it for a while and then it happened, or at least some of it did, twice the bottom of my legs have vibrated and been 'out' then my head was out with vibrations, that one was funny cus i was cheering myself on and broke the concentration! last night it happened again, but different, my head was out and so was my hand, i could feel a little vibration but my heart was beating that fast i thought it was going to explode AND it felt like a heavy weight was in the middle of my chest? but i broke concentration because my throat was so dry and needed to swallow and that was it, i was awake. im not scared of any of the vibrations or heart beating fast, its exciting, its the best feelings i've ever had. i have used a few methods and guided stuff on youtube but none of its worked so i've gone back to using the one that does and its the arm technique. this works fab for me, i've also tried setting the alarm in early morning but that just didn't work, i do it at night.

i'd like to know what the heavy weight thing is, i believe im nearly there but concentration was never my strongest point!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I wanted to add in another fun technique, probably more effective, work 1st time
even. I dont really like it though, effects me in a different way.

Its the same as listed above, info graphic
If you can, try to "avoid alarm clock", and
have a habit of waking up self around 4-5 hour mark. This will produce
the following - SLeep para - Lucid dream - AP - OBE - FA(falseawaken,
can be annoying, I hate this)
1. Once awake(eyes awake), close them, and remain still.
2. You can either perform any of these options.
2.1 Remember last dream, every detail, whatever you can
with eyes closed. and remain still.
2.2 You can try detachment method, or exit method in your mind,
try rolling out of bed really hard in your mind(sensations)
2.3 Meditate (thoughtless)
2.4 few others I cant remember

With this techi, lot easier to induce sleep para over and over again just
with eyes closed from each dream exit or sp.

I think its probably the same, method. I used to use it anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

slippeddisc

i'd like to know what the heavy weight thing is, i believe im nearly there but concentration was never my strongest point!!

Oh yes, people like to refer to it as, for me i think its silly. Refer to as, someone sitting
on your stomach like a witch(dont think that, or youll imagine it). Or iron
Blanket, can range from PAIN, as in choking sensation, poking, chest etc. Lot of
reports about that during SP, its all a illusion though, once you get past it,
you wont notice it anymore. I've experienced chest, choking heavy weight,
stomach, others. There is also Auditory (which can be VERY REAL, that might
scare you out of it at first lols). I had someone knocking on the door during
SP, I thought it was UPS, so I rushed to the door for nothing
, just
the brain playing tricks on me.

I believe our brain doesnt want us to be "aware", I believe it is tired enough,
doesnt want to go through anymore exercise.
hence the SP, and SP is required so you dont act out your dreams, I remember
there was a study done with animals, where they removed the trigger that caused
it, the animals would act out their dreams, was nice to watch.

I wouldnt say concentration, its more like keep calm, relax, dont excite self. Wait
till it settles, you can force your way out sometimes, sensation might pester
you though like follow for a while.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

thanks.

just did a quick read.
so it's true the best time is to oobe is during mid sleep.
at least it removes the doubt hehe

thanks again

peace.

edit on 7-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

it never felt anything like a 'witch' or anything else like that, it just felt like an iron brick! AP is so weird, its like nothing i have ever felt in my life. i felt no fear whatsoever.

i haven't got to the noise stage (yet) i just get so excited aswell, its like im a kid at Christmas!!
edit on 26Thursday43ppAmerica/Chicago74326 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by aerial

For many years I've found that free fall works quite well

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
anyone still on this thread?

im having one spontaneous ap a week during sleep/without trying. i found a guided one on youtube last week and have been doing that as i find it really works for me, others haven't. been doing it 3 times a day too. i cannot get past the vibration stage as im for some reason breaking concentration really easily, perhaps im not in a deep enough state yet? the one i had this evening, i was well aware of someone stood next to me, i feel it was my spirit guide (gut feeling) and then i was out of it and awake.

two questions, what can i do to get deep enough and not break the concentration and am i supposed to have a slight headache and fuzzy head? gunna give myself a break for a couple of days.

would appreciate some advice.

just to add, the vibrations aren't as strong as the ones i get when i don't try to ap, they are there but not as strong.
edit on 23Sunday01ppAmerica/Chicago170123 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You can do all this but don't listen to aliens and when you can't distinguish you can't listen to anyone, or shouldn't for your own safety. It should be used for either dating or studying history and ones ancestors to help them with problems or tell them about present day and inventions, teach them about computers or the alphabet depending how far back one goes. But don't believe leaving the planet is possible, since to be on the safe side people must consider what is made and tested in the material and people never went further than orbital (and Voyager and Spirit/Rover are not human obviously so what might work for possible sentient AI might not work fleshlings as us). Because sometimes an idea might sound good at first but then prove to be impossible in the physical when put to the test. In controlled circumstances, ofcourse.
edit on 18/11/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join