It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEPCO accepts US offer to aid dangerous Fukushima cleanup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This is big news. Any news on Fukushima is good news in my opinion, usually the whole subject is treated with deathly silence.

Even if the US can't offer anything of real value it's a breakthrough that TEPCO even listen to someone else let alone take on board advice or physical help.

Up until now it just seems as if TEPCO want to sweep it all under the rug and hope it all blows over..

RT

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

FINALLY.

Who knows how much it will help, but hopefully some fresh perspective will breed new ideas on how to mitigate further release..

And, hopefully, whatever solution it is, can be carried out before another big quake or other disaster comes along.

S&F

edit on 3-11-2013 by daryllyn because: I like it

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

ALL* the help counts.
Good to hear & be safe.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

TechUnique
Even if the US can't offer anything of real value it's a breakthrough

RT

Since the majority all things of any real value are in U.S. and or come from the U.S. , what do you base this statement on?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I have a lot more belief that the US will have a clue what to do, and that the Japanese are not handling this right.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What? The radiation deal in the news?

Is there oil under the ground at Fukishima? Are Fukishimians enemies of Israel? Is TEPCO run by anti/pro-gay-gun-abortion-Obamacare enthusiasts?

Man, it's not like we owe them money or we all live on the same planet or something.

/sarc off/

Of all the money we waste in foreign countries, you would think this qualifies as an actual worthy cause.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If Japan scuddles all whaling boats, then we help.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Find where the core is at.

Have "Big Oil" Drill 3 Shafts Below the core. One of them right below core.

Send High Yield Thermos Nuclear Warheads into each shaft.

Pour Concrete behind the Nukes.

Blow the 1st Nuke, this will drop the core lower into next nuke. Blow it. And once more to bury it further and burn up any more fuel.

Then start pouring roman concrete over the entire complex and plan the Memorial....

Maybe even have One Shaft and Nuke right above the core to make sure the whole facility sinks in this crater.

Deeper hole for concrete fill.

This was originally posted in this thread:
Radiation detected in Tokyo's water supply.... too high for infants up to 1 year old?
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread980612/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I'm not an engineer or anything but this looks like the worst possible idea ever.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Like this:

North Korea conducts nuclear test
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdzLQ2oGoA
www.youtube.com...

Underground Nuclear Test
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1f6vbiuUt0
www.youtube.com...

Atomic Test Film: "Operation Teapot " pt1-3 1955 USAF
www.youtube.com/watch?v=58tVHoY7uhM
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
the US has taken apart a couple melted reactors

There have been at least eight meltdowns in the history of the United States. All are widely called "partial meltdowns."

BORAX-I was a test reactor designed to explore criticality excursions and observe if a reactor would self limit. In the final test, it was deliberately destroyed and revealed that the reactor reached much higher temperatures than were predicted at the time.[23]
SL-1 core damage after a nuclear excursion.
The reactor at EBR-I suffered a partial meltdown during a coolant flow test on November 29, 1955.
The Sodium Reactor Experiment in Santa Susana Field Laboratory was an experimental nuclear reactor which operated from 1957 to 1964 and was the first commercial power plant in the world to experience a core meltdown in July 1959.
Stationary Low-Power Reactor Number One (SL-1) was a United States Army experimental nuclear power reactor which underwent a criticality excursion, a steam explosion, and a meltdown on January 3, 1961, killing three operators.
The SNAP8ER reactor at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory experienced damage to 80% of its fuel in an accident in 1964.
The partial meltdown at the Fermi 1 experimental fast breeder reactor, in 1966, required the reactor to be repaired, though it never achieved full operation afterward.
The SNAP8DR reactor at the Santa Susana Field Laboratory experienced damage to approximately a third of its fuel in an accident in 1969.
The Three Mile Island accident, in 1979, referred to in the press as a "partial core melt,"[24] led to the permanent shutdown of that reactor.

Most people don't know three have been in calif.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is good news but let's hope this won't cost us billions to help. We should just direct them on what to do and they should foot the bill, or pardon the equivalent on what we borrowed from them. Seems fair I think.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Many of you are happy about it but look, this is the "American Way":

Japan must get ready
to release Fukushima water into the sea: U.S. adviser

(Reuters) - Japan should begin preparing to release a massive tide of water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant into the Pacific Ocean, once it regains public trust and can confirm the water has only low levels of radiation, a U.S. adviser to the plant's operator said on Friday.

Lake Barrett, a former head of the Department of Energy's Office of Civilian Nuclear Waste Management, spent nearly a decade at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and led the clean-up operations after the 1979 partial meltdown at the Three Mile Island nuclear plant. He has been brought in by Tokyo Electric Power (Tepco) to advise it on the lengthy decommissioning process at Fukushima.

Source from 9/13/13

I really doubt that you are still sooooo happy about it

Kind Regards

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
He also said this! (Bold is mine)

But Barrett, who has said he would feed his grandchildren fish caught off the Fukushima coast if the clean-up proceeds as planned, said Tepco has lost its credibility to reassure a jittery public. "When Tepco says: 'trust me, this water is safe,' that's not enough," he said.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

TechUnique

RT

Since the majority all things of any real value are in U.S. and or come from the U.S. , what do you base this statement on?

In case you didn't know your fiat currency or 'money' as you probably call it isn't worth f all and neither are your politicians. Same goes for me, we are all in the same boat.

You display signs of American Exceptionalism a very delusional farce.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have thought since this happened that Japan didn't want the public to know what was going on because they didn't want them to know how bad it really was and cause panic. Also, they didn't want to appear bad because they totally screwed up and couldn't handle it after the disaster.

Now finally they are asking for help at the risk of the truth of magnitude of the accident coming out. But it makes me wonder how much help the States would be if we didn't want to share our technological advances or let on how far (or behind) we might be with our tech. The U.S. might have a number of reasons why we wouldn't want to give a great deal of help.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This will end not well but showed the Character of the USA

U.S. Says Japan Signing Liability Pact Would Aid Nuclear Cleanup

Japan will receive international help with the cleanup at the Fukushima atomic station once it joins an existing treaty that defines liability for accidents at nuclear plants, U.S. Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz said.

The treaty, known as the Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage, assigns accident liability to plant operators rather than equipment and technology vendors, Moniz said in a Nov. 2 interview in Tokyo. The treaty includes setting up a fund for victims of nuclear accidents and a standard for compensation claims.

Bloomberg Source

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I'm not an engineer or anything but this looks like the worst possible idea ever.

It seems that way to me too. Isn't japan sinking? Where will the concrete encasing end up? In the ocean and don't they only last a few decades as evidenced at Chernobyl?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

TechUnique

SasquatchHunter

TechUnique

RT

In case you didn't know your fiat currency or 'money' as you probably call it isn't worth f all and neither are your politicians. Same goes for me, we are all in the same boat.

I call it money because that's what it is. Do you go around declaring I'm gonna make it rain fiat currency? When someone asks you to pay €10 do you reply hold on let me pull out my fiat currency?

What does the exchange rate of the dollar have to do with the fact that most of the worlds innovation comes from America?
Most of the worlds wealth, technology, and military belongs to America.

Were not in the same boat. Your in an inflatable life raft that says property of the U.S.A. with 4 other dudes arguing about grammar. I'm on a cruiseliner with thousands trying to solve real world problems.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter

TechUnique

SasquatchHunter

TechUnique

RT

I call it money because that's what it is. Do you go around declaring I'm gonna make it rain fiat currency? When someone asks you to pay €10 do you reply hold on let me pull out my fiat currency?

What does the exchange rate of the dollar have to do with the fact that most of the worlds innovation comes from America?
Most of the worlds wealth, technology, and military belongs to America.

Were not in the same boat. Your in an inflatable life raft that says property of the U.S.A. with 4 other dudes arguing about grammar. I'm on a cruiseliner with thousands trying to solve real world problems.

Your delusional patriotism is actually sickening. Your country is hardly a 'cruiseliner' it's more like the end of titanic where it's going down and you're the captain standing there like a superstitious doughnut.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join